BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ...145

Forum » Thread

A few possibilities
1) Hetchy Hetchy- hike out of the valley and up toward Vernon lake. You can make as long of trip as you want. I did a 45 mile out to tilden and back and it was awesome. 2) Later in the season yo...

In Winter Hiking » Snow Camping in the Southern Sierra (or anywhere for that matter).
January 12, 6:05pm

Re: Stuff sack for my sleeping bag
If you use a bivy, use the bivy as your stuff sack.

In GEAR » Stuff sack for my sleeping bag
January 12, 12:57pm

Electrolytes
I started taking electrolyte capsules because I have had some serious problems after some of my longer hikes. For my PCT hike I will be taking the electrolytes, multivitamin and glutamine. Are th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Multi-Vitamin for a long distance trek?
January 12, 10:09am

Re: Re: re
Flagyl is metronidozole, it is the branded version. I will treat water and am not letting myself get sick and treating it. I am not willing to go through several days of misery in the event I d...

In Gear Lists » New PCT 2011 gear list
January 11, 7:43pm

Re: Re: re
I never used to treat water at all and went almost 7 years with no problem. Then after a trip out of Sonora Pass my luck gave out. I went to the doctor and yes they ran a test and a week after th...

In Gear Lists » New PCT 2011 gear list
January 11, 6:56pm

Re: Gear Swap Etiquette
"Further, there's been a couple times in the last month that I've seen used gear listed in the Gear Swap forum with a higher asking price than the same item is selling for new (on sale...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
January 11, 11:15am

Re: PCT/Thru-Hiking Itinerary Tool?
Dug, I threw together a "small" little spreadsheet the uses halfmiles waypoints and allows you to mark where you will plan to stop for each day. There is also a listing of all the eleva...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT/Thru-Hiking Itinerary Tool?
January 11, 10:41am

PCT Food spreadsheet
Here is my master list of foods that have all the calorie info. There is a section on the dinners. These dinners are a combination of a base such as Hamburger helper plus other ingredients such a...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cracking the convenience store code
January 11, 10:13am

Re: cracking the convenience store code
Matt, if you are interest I can send you a spreadsheet that has many of the high calorie foods, targeting over 125 cal/oz. It has a full breakout on protein/fat/carb split and is the "univers...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » cracking the convenience store code
January 10, 5:00pm

Re: JMT Dates?
Agree with Paul on August or early September, not having to slog through snow will increase your mileage. If you are in good shape, don't get bothered by altitude, are mentally strong and will...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Dates?
January 10, 12:18am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.