Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Love pushing the SUL boundary's of what is possible.

Make almost all of my gear myself.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1368 | Page: 1 ...99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ...137

Forum » Thread

Re: What's on your (UL) wish list?
I've always wanted someone to make a lite-weight running pack. Something heavily padded with enough strength. Throw in some good suspension and make it about 1800 ci and it should come in...

In GEAR » What's on your (UL) wish list?
July 18, 11:35pm

Re: John Muir Trail Unsupported Packlist
O.K. Here is the list. I do not care much at all about skin-out weight. I'll just be throwing on what ever isn't dirty. It's what's on your back that's important in the lon...

In GEAR » John Muir Trail Unsupported Attempt
July 18, 11:11pm

John Muir Trail Unsupported Attempt
Hey everyone, I'll being heading up toward Mt. Whitney on the 25th for some acclimatization for the start of the attempt on the 30th. The current JMT Unsupported Record is held by Reinhold Me...

In GEAR » John Muir Trail Unsupported Attempt
July 18, 12:20am

Re: Unmentionable to Estados Unidos Customs
You guys suck, (literally), ha. I don't partake in that crap being in the military but all of my unmentionables, (electrolytes, ibuprofen, and other stuff) just go under my survival gear. O...

In Gear Lists » Unmentionables-weight?
July 17, 11:23pm

Re: sierra high country snow levels
Hey Greg, I just got back last weekend. I hiked with a few PCT'ers for a few days from Reds Meadow to Tuolumne Meadows. They only hit a few small patches of snow going over Muir Pass, and ...

In Post-Trip Reports » sierra high country snow levels
July 16, 10:06pm

Re: Re: lightweigh gear for kids
Over the winter I am looking into making some quilts for anyone who doesn't fit into normal bags, (big or small). I will make any quilt with any filling and any material. Baffles no baffles...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Backpacking Gear for Kids
July 14, 12:06am

Re: waterproof breathable?
Hey Johathan, Outdoor Wilderness Fabrics sells Goretex in both 2 & 3 layers. You would not want to use the Libety Ridge pattern unless you only want an 8 inch zipper. Trying to modify it for...

In Make Your Own Gear » waterproof breathable?
July 12, 11:57pm

Re: JMT Unresupplied
It's not just me. We have 2 BLP'ers going for it. Jon Chiappa is the other. More posts to come from him about the attempt as well. We are representing the underdog status of the attempt...

In GEAR » JMT Unresupplied
July 10, 10:31pm

JMT Unresupplied
Hey everyone, I am getting ready to head out for the John Muir Trail. I will be going for the Unresupplied Record at the end of the month. This is the same attempt Al Shaver went for last year a...

In GEAR » JMT Unresupplied
July 10, 12:28am

Re: 0.55oz (15.6g) screw canister stove
O.K. The stove is awesome, but why go through all that work for the weight savings and then throw a Jetboil on top of it? Kind of contradicts its self from the savings.

In Make Your Own Gear » 0.55oz (15.6g) screw canister stove
July 05, 1:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm