BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1167 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117

Forum » Thread

JMT Unresupplied Attempt Pack List
PACK LIST I previously posted my intentions to attempt the John Muir Trail Un-rsupplied in the summer on the trip announcements. I finally completed making my list. Basically I want ...

In Gear Lists » JMT Unresupplied Attempt Pack List
January 10, 7:10pm

Re: light rucksack around 25 liters
A couple of other good packs in that range are Vaude's Lasona, and the Mountain Hardware Scrambler. Vaudes new Lasona has and excelent fit and weighs 13 oz. They also have the Ultrahiker tha...

In GEAR » light rucksack around 25 liters
January 10, 1:11pm

Re: Re: Re: John Muir Trail - what will you carry?
As an update, I just finished making everything and the pack-list is complete. I will have it posted here or in the general topic in a few days.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » John Muir Trail - again
January 07, 7:14pm

Re: Re: Sub 3 lb List - Go for Sub 2 lb
Yeah you can tell by the pics that Bill just needs to throw his cuben knapsack over his shoulder and not brush his teeth for a while and he's all set.

In Gear Lists » Sub 3 lb List
January 05, 3:14pm

Re: FS: New Golite Virga (size Med.)
I've got a size large same milage as yours. I'll trade mine for yours with an additional $20. Oops, never mind.

In Gear Swap » FS: New Golite Virga (size Med.)
January 04, 7:30pm

Re: JMT thru-hike...which direction?
I would like to believe that more people would actually hike the JMT S. to N. if it wasn't nearly impossible to start at Whitney. About the only way to do it simply either way would be to no...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT thru-hike...which direction?
January 01, 4:08pm

Re: Yosemite next summer
Hey Kenneth, How long are you planning on taking for the trip? If you want to do it in 3 days, I'm a go. I live in Rio Vista just outside of the bay area.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yosemite next summer
January 01, 3:26pm

Impact on the earth
As I am reading these threads it becomes obvious that there are a few different generations of age groups that tend to agree - disagree with each other. As all the nano gear comes out better and ...

In Philosophy & Technique » I like nature- I am a dirty, crunchy, organic-eating, bike-riding hippie.
January 01, 12:36pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR
So what's in store for 2007? Anyone out there have a resolution that involves getting out more?

In GEAR » HAPPY NEW YEAR
January 01, 12:17am

Re: What are the best demensions
Hey Cameron, I have made 3 quilts and can now spit one out in under 8 hours. I also found a few short-cuts to make it easier and lighter. For Baffles, I make them only in the middle 40” , ...

In Make Your Own Gear » What are the best demensions
December 27, 5:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm