BPL Community Profile

Aaron Sorensen (awsorensen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale South of Forester Pass
About Me Turning my hobby obsession into a part time job and maybe full time job.

I will be selling children's sleeping bags soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
CityBay Area
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1319 | Page: 1 ...99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ...132

Forum » Thread

Re: New Momentum in gear list
Hey Joe, I am not the one to really ask about sewing. These projects are the first clothing ones I have ever attempted and they are (semi crude). I just cut them so they fit good and chop it up ...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Momentum in gear list
May 15, 7:12pm

Re: JMT on FIRE this Summer
It's looking like were down to 4 now.

In GEAR » JMT on FIRE this Summer
May 14, 10:36pm

Re: Re: JMT North - South Records
Yeah Jon, like you don't know what the record is. That 5 days is the Unsupported record. The Supported is 3 days 21 hours and 5 mins. Since you can make an attempt by going either way on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT North - South Records
May 14, 10:29pm

Re: Re: New Momentum in gear list
Hey Miguel, Yes, it seems like your tring to put a square peg into a round hole. If you see it, you understand it. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it long before. It's not as ...

May 14, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Jacket patterns
Hey Jhaura, The L/R Pants and jacket are made to fit a medium sized body while also fitting over a few pieces of gear. I have a smaller frame and want a fairly snug fit, so I had to take about ...

May 13, 9:45pm

Re: Re: New Momentum in gear list
Hey Stuart, The crescent shape is for the head. The bottom half goes under your neck while the top covers your forehead. This way the top of the bag wraps around your head, keeping you even wa...

May 13, 7:42pm

JMT on FIRE this Summer
I had a chance to speak with Mr. JMT him self Reinhold Metzger. Also read some info on the PCT-L forums. I found that there will be several record attempts being made this year. It's...

In GEAR » JMT on FIRE this Summer
May 12, 12:16am

New Momentum in gear list
Hello all, I have been updating my gear list with some gear made by Momentum. All of the clothing plans came from Thru-Hiker, (Thanks Ayce). Some are heavily modified from the original plans...

May 11, 11:50pm

Re: bear canister on JMT
I have a question about the JMT and canisters. I am wondering if you think that if a person is thru-hiking the JMT, but following all the rules as a day-hiker in required bear canister areas wou...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packing a Bear Canister
May 10, 7:28pm

Re: Drillium
I have an few year old Pearl Izumi event jacket that fits and works great. It comes in at 16.5 ounces though. I am still waiting for a no frills jacket similar to the ID using the lightest 2.0 ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rab Drillium Jacket REVIEW
May 08, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Aaron Sorensen

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Fenix L2D-CE
Everything else is just a light. For its weight, its 2-40 times brighter and lasts 5-10 time longer. Now they just need to make a 3AAA headlamp with a 5/15/35 lumens setting. The only problem...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
May 13, 10:33pm

Golite 2006 Reed Pants
I got the 2006 version with out the leg zippers because it is what I wanted, (the lighter version). I'm sure the breathability that Golite claims for it is accurate, but something twice as good...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 11, 1:20pm

Nuwai 1 Watt (HLX-712L)
The Nuwai HLX-712L ROCKS!!! I found it hear for $27 http://www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=874 The CR123A Batteries are only $1 each as well. I have been using the Pe...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 13, 8:47pm

The North Face 2005 Hightail Long
I have a few issues with this bag that will never get addressed because the new ones have been changed completely. First the good. I found it on sale for $230. The long is only 3 oz more than t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 01, 6:23pm

Gatorade Bottle
I have yet to have one of these leak on me. They have taking over as my go to water holder since they have been out. Platy's are just too finiky IMO. I just wish they made one a little bigger. ...

In Hydration - Water Storage Containers
November 30, 7:58pm