BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1182 | Page: 1 ...99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119

Forum » Thread

Re: More warmth needed - Add to torso or groin/legs ??
add a light weight hat. weighs next to nothing and will be way more versatile than extra pants or jacket. think about it.. everything is inside your sleeping bag except your head and you los...

In Gear Lists » More warmth needed - Add to torso or groin/legs ??
December 22, 9:10am

Re: Re: Protecting a Neoair
another issue with making it fully wrapped in tyvek is that it will be very slippery. chasing your pad around all night is never fun

In GEAR » Protecting a Neoair
December 22, 8:58am

Re: More weight. Better tires. And Chains.
When i had my truck i built an H shaped bracket with 2x4s that made a box around the wheel wells to hold my sand bags in. then once it snowed i would leave most of the snow in there and that froz...

In Chaff » adding weight to truck bed for winter driving?
December 21, 11:52am

Re: Re Solo tent
Bug protection and ease of set up for me. i went with TT contrail to combine that with light weight and the trekking pole set up. Goes along with the whole "don't bring something that can...

In GEAR » Solo Tent Feedback Request
December 21, 10:53am

Re: Re: Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
Ryan, That is some great insight from behind the scenes. It is unfortunate that gear companies will not let their stuff be reviewed honestly. as one of the proponents for ads I am disappoint...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 8:40pm

Re: great
"As far as my computer skill, Jake, yes you are right. When I need something technical done, then I call my son. I don't know how to use tiny url, but I get by somehow. As far as my knowle...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 19, 3:53pm

Re: "Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only"
Jason, I agree.. with my other 2 main hobbies Rock climbing and road cycling you pretty much have read most of the general techniques in a year or 2. after that your time on the forum is ...

December 19, 2:37pm

Re: Re: Content
I've been on here for a few months now and only just this week saw that there are non-member only articles. All ive heard/seen has been forums are free.. articles are for members. Tony I l...

December 19, 1:24pm

Re: Re: Re: running (specifically trail running)
"Probably some way more experienced runners on the board, so I'm interested in knowing how they avoid tripping on obstacles on a descent? I ripped up a lot of skin tripping coming down the...

In Chaff » running
December 19, 11:41am

Re: tarp/tent
Ya, i love the simplicity of my TT Contrail. unroll.. stake out corners.. set front pole. done. break down is even faster. even with only a few uses i'm spoiled by that. i used my do...

In GEAR » Mostly tarps in the gear lists.
December 19, 9:49am

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.