Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1431 | Page: 1 ...99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ...144

Forum » Thread

Re: "Actual Weight"
Base weight is everything except food, water, fuel. so a 40lb pack is going to still be up there in base weight. i'm not UL yet at around 16-18lb depending on what i'm bringing. T...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 6:08pm

Re: Larger packs
I have gathered some of my gear for quite a while. Many of my hobbies overlap. I am a rock climber first. road cyclist and a backpacker/day hiker. Much of my backpacking gear can be translated...

August 20, 5:29pm

Re: UL Backpacking: is it a cost factor?
Many things can be bought lighter at close to the same cost as items that are heavier. Also, many items will be lighter and higher quality so the long term cost will be less. The amount of peo...

August 20, 3:10pm

Re: The Safe-Water-Challenge - which filtering design can you reliably maintain around the globe?
Sawyer squeeze or the inline gravity version? can use 2L soda bottle for durable, cheap "dirty" side or Evernew bottles if you want more compact. no moving parts, maintenance is us...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Safe-Water-Challenge - which filtering design can you reliably maintain around the globe?
August 20, 11:03am

Re: Re: Some info on the Long Trail
I just went NOBO in August and agree with Nick. The way to tell what shelters are what is to look at the LT map. the larger icon usually means 4 walls and usually called Lodges or Camps. E...

In GEAR » Mesh topped bivy under a 5X8 tarp in cold weather?
August 19, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightheart Solo/duo question
OK gotcha.. some pics make it look like it is removed but it was just rolled up along those seams.

In GEAR » Lightheart Duo pictures?
August 17, 1:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lightheart Solo/duo question
Oh... can you keep the fly part attached and set it up as one piece? it looks like that is how Hendrick set his up in his video.

August 17, 1:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Lightheart Duo pictures?
Cool. I may go for the Solo after all. my gf and I are both 5'7-5'8 but she wants to sew her own shelter so she might make us a 2 person Bilgy style tent.

August 17, 11:04am

Re: Lightheart Duo pictures?
Or even the Solo since the shape is basically the same? mostly want to see how close your face and feet get at the ends

August 17, 10:19am

Lightheart Duo pictures?
Anyone have the Duo and have/ could take pictures of them laying down inside? would love to see the headroom when you're laying down. Also, a picture from the inside of the amount of space ...

August 16, 8:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.