Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jake D (JakeDatc) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Bristol,RI
About Me http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9466
CityBristol
StateRI

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jake D

Showing 1071 - 1080 of 1394 | Page: 1 ...99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ...140

Forum » Thread

Re: Who cares?
I care because people ignore the ATC guidelines and ignore LNT (ie leaving coolers of food out for days that can get broken into) I had no desire to do the AT and this aspect pushes that home ...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 22, 7:26am

Re: Re: for alpine, i'm pretty happy with my bd alpine bod
belay loop is for belaying and rappelling. tie in loops are for tying in with. doing the opposite is not how the manufacturer intended and is not recommended.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Climbing harness
June 21, 10:39pm

Re: Proof
I also disagree. There has never been an incident of a rope breaking that was not caused by a sharp object of some type. my last 9.5mm lasted for 5 years and i still use it for gym leading si...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Climbing harness
June 21, 9:36pm

Re: The Face of Happiness
Sarah, I don't have a major problem with giving out snacks and stuff in small bunches.. but as stated above the AT is becoming one long buffet line. Out west they seem to be fewer and far be...

June 21, 7:19pm

Re: Re: Did a thread disappear? Edited: Never mind I figured it out.
it was melted in a jetboil?

In Chaff » Did a thread disappear?
June 21, 6:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Trail Magic definition... diluted?
Did a bit of research. the ATC is not happy about the increase in hiker feeds. snippet from their site "“TRAIL MAGIC” ALONG THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL Issue: The evolution of “Trai...

June 21, 5:59pm

Re: Re: Re: huh?
If you leave before the bubble or go SOBO apparently you get a much less party atmosphere. personally i don't have the motivation to do a full long trail like that.. so Long trail, JMT, Co...

June 21, 1:18pm

Re: huh?
reading Balls and sunshine they hit 7 hiker feeds before harpers ferry... 3 in one day sometime in the first few weeks. that seems excessive. and i do think that those contributions woul...

June 21, 12:35pm

Re: Re: Trail Magic definition... diluted?
have you done it while the NOBO bubble is going through the southern part? Reading Balls and Sunshine's blog they seem to have hit a lot of stuff down south too. I agree, trail crews, s...

June 21, 10:57am

Trail Magic definition... diluted?
Well after numerous arguments over on WB i'll ask folks here what they think. It seems to me that the Trail Magic definition has been watered down with so many people doing hiker feeds basic...

June 21, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by Jake D

Jake D has posted no reviews.