Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1565 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...157

Forum » Thread

Ben Mayberry reaches Canada on his epic trip
I haven't seen a lot of discussion about him or his trip, but I've been following his blog/journal for a while and thought I would mention him (again?) on these forums. http://benmayberr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ben Mayberry reaches Canada on his epic trip
August 15, 11:31pm

"Pitching the Mountain Laurel Designs Trailstar" video
Eugene has put up a nice video showing how simple it is to pitch a TS shelter, for anyone interested: http://desertpaincave.blogspot.com/ I'd just add that although he pitches it on flat ...

In GEAR » "Pitching the Mountain Laurel Designs Trailstar" video
August 15, 11:25pm

JMT trip cut seriously short...
Wow, Eric, that's horrible. And dangerous. And an absolutely shi*ty thing to have done to you. I guess all you can do is be glad you got out ok and hopefully not be soured on backpacking in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT trip cut seriously short...
August 15, 11:18pm

Contacts or not for a longer hike
I take contacts b/c I like them for the reasons you listed above. I've worn them for many years and still don't really like the feel of glasses, except occasionally in the evening. I jus...

In GEAR » Contacts or not for a longer hike
August 15, 5:08pm

Touristy things to do in Portland Oregon
Big +1s for Pok Pok, Andina (both Oregonian "Restaurants of the Year" in the last several years) and especially Voodoo (which just reopened after a renovation). Funny, that show "Ama...

In Chaff » Touristy things to do in Portland Oregon
August 01, 11:16pm

Merino LS Shirt - Which Icebreaker for Sept JMT?
One more option: a 140 or 150 wt t-shirt or short-sleeve zip with merino arm warmers. This is a very versatile system, as the arm warmers can cover the top of the hand/around the wrist or pulled do...

In GEAR » Merino LS Shirt - Which Icebreaker for Sept JMT?
August 01, 10:25pm

Solar powered bikini charges small electronics, so why not hats, shirts, etc..?
Maybe Douglas Ide could be the first to try it to see if it is useful for backpacking.

In GEAR » Solar powered bikini charges small electronics, so why not hats, shirts, etc..?
August 01, 10:20pm

Portland has some great restaurants and the scene here is casual; rarely do you need to dress up for anything. East side near-ish where you are staying: Ken's Artisan Pizza (SE Pine St &...

August 01, 9:25pm

Hiking Pants: What do you Wear and why?
Arc'Teryx Ramparts most of the time. I also carry Ibex wool tights to sleep in and/or add warmth. A cuben rain wrap for rain.

In GEAR » Hiking Pants: What do you Wear and why?
August 01, 10:35am

Here's a few things to start with. In the city: Wander through Powell's Books and the adjacent Pearl District. Wander around downtown, go to the food carts at 10th & Alder St...

August 01, 10:31am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.