BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1431 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...144

Forum » Thread

My New Spinnshelter!
Good luck with sunny in the PNW! Last Saturday was amazing, though, huh? Congrats on the new shelter.

In GEAR » My New Spinnshelter!
April 26, 11:02pm

Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
Josh, I posted this a while ago, but Next Adventure in PDX now carries a few ULA packs (I think it was the Circuit and the Catalyst but not sure). Even if those packs weren't your first choice,...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
April 25, 11:10pm

Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
The closest encounter I've had with bears was in Olympic NP and Alpine Lakes. Generally, if you are safe about your food in the PNW, they don't seem to be a problem yet, like in CA. The onl...

In GEAR » Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
April 25, 11:05pm

Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
Another nice feature of the MLD packs (maybe others, I just don't know) is that there are small plastic tabs & cord loops on the bottom, cinching the pack together to reduce the volume. I h...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
April 25, 10:33pm

Suggestions for ultralight camp shoes under 4 ounces.
I picked up a pair of these on impulse a few months ago: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Trunk-Tent-Shoes/dp/B003C4MCAM They are taped nylon shoes covers that are supposed to go over your shoes w...

In GEAR » Suggestions for ultralight camp shoes under 4 ounces.
April 25, 5:29pm

Summer in the Ozarks; Need help choosing a backpack.
@James, I also have a Vapor Trail, and I'm going to keep it even though I haven't used it in a little while. My main pack now is an MLD Exodus but I think that is too big for 1-3 day tri...

In Gear Lists » Summer in the Ozarks; Need help choosing a backpack.
April 25, 5:19pm

Drum Liners for emergency shelter
Also these: http://www.hardwareandtools.com/Husky-HKK55030B-55-Gallon-1-Mil-Cleanup-Bag-For-Leaves-and-Drum-Liner-Box-of-30--073257003391.html I just googled and found that site above, but I...

In GEAR » Space Blanket for emergency shelter
April 25, 11:50am

Summer in the Ozarks; Need help choosing a backpack.
Maybe a (1) HMG Windrider, (2) ZPacks Dyneema X 20 or 26, or (3) a MLD Burn. Btw, your list looks great at 5 lbs for the Ozarks.

In Gear Lists » Summer in the Ozarks; Need help choosing a backpack.
April 25, 11:20am

Bump
Still available for $100.00, includes shipping.

In Gear Swap » FS: Mountain Hardwear Nitrous Jacket, Mens Medium, Black
April 24, 6:51pm

Ultralight backpack recommendations
+1 to Dale: "You might get by with a smaller pack than 65l once you have the weight under control as volume tends to drop with the weight." I think that one of the key benefits to UL g...

In GEAR » Ultralight backpack recommendations
April 24, 12:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.