BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1442 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...145

Forum » Thread

TARP/bivy combo
Campmor carries an Equinox-made 8 x 10 silnylon tarp for $80.00: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___20069 Another recent thread had some comments about this tarp, which has grommet...

In GEAR » TARP/bivy combo
May 23, 2:22pm

Suggestions for a 10-day, PNW trip in July?
Peter, One of the most frustrating things about the PNW is this time of year (late spring - early summer) is that you feel like you should be able to get into the mountains and just can't b/...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Suggestions for a 10-day, PNW trip in July?
May 23, 12:46pm

SUL on the Shipwreck Coast
Ike, Great trip report. I just followed your progress on Google Maps terrain and satellite views and it is fantastic seeing a part of the country I've never experienced. It just goes to show...

In Post-Trip Reports » SUL on the Shipwreck Coast
May 22, 8:58pm

Using a bivy without tarp
Most of the bivies used by folks here have more water-resistant and VERY-breathable fabrics on the top half like the TiGoat, MLD, etc. with momentum. These have less condensation and weigh less tha...

In GEAR » Using a bivy without tarp
May 21, 11:15pm

Breakfast for a non-cooker
Look at Sarah's site, www.trailcooking.com, then "recipes" then "breakfast." She has some great recipes. For no-cook, I like the PB & Granola Wrap. For a longer trip,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Breakfast for a non-cooker
May 21, 10:56pm

Hiking at High Elevations
Bolivia certainly deserves a place in any discussion about high altitude! I just returned from Bolivia last Tuesday. It is an amazing country! I decided to take Diamox because we were walking on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking at High Elevations
May 21, 3:17pm

FS: Trailstar
Just curious, the TS is such a versatile shelter, what are you replacing it with?

In Gear Swap » FS: Trailstar
May 19, 10:02pm

What is the lightest synthetic or wool T-shirt
The Mountain Hardwear WickedLite Tees are listed at 4 oz, my medium weighs 4.2 oz. My Icebreaker 150 t-shirt weighs 4.9 oz, also a medium.

In GEAR » What is the lightest synthetic or wool T-shirt
May 02, 9:08pm

Ultra-ultralight sleep system for summer heat
I live in OR now, but grew up in Arkansas and still think about this issue sometimes. I wonder about the Sea-to-Summit series of bag liners, like a combo of a Coolmax liner + a fleece or reactor li...

In GEAR » Ultra-ultralight sleep system for summer heat
April 29, 2:28pm

Royal Wedding & BPL
A lot of people don't know this, but Sam H and Addie flew over to England to personally fit Kate Middleton's custom white BPL Ultralight Mosquito Headnet before the wedding. True story.

In Chaff » Royal Wedding & BPL
April 29, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.