Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1484 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...149

Forum » Thread

Ground Cloth or Pad?
A groundcloth is really more for keeping your bag and bivy (or tent floor) clean and dry. A polycro or tyvek sheet will not provide any insulation. A sleeping pad is for insulation and comfort. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ground Cloth or Pad?
June 08, 9:53pm

Selection at Tuolumne Store and other JMT Resupply Points
You can send yourself a package to the TM store and have that waiting for you. I think you could fit plenty of food in a standard USPS Priority box to get to Reds. Also, there is a grocery store...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Selection at Tuolumne Store and other JMT Resupply Points
June 08, 3:32pm

UL adventure / race pack
I think with what you are carrying, you're not really going to notice the weight difference among any pack under 16 oz, but rather the shape & fit of the pack. I'd look for a simple cle...

In GEAR » UL adventure / race pack
June 08, 3:25pm

Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
Very nice Doug. I can barely get my gear organized, much less come up with something like this!

In GEAR » Cricket door, camp stool, just because....
June 06, 7:52pm

Chris Wallace adds ounces to his gear list, on his finger
I don't know Chris Wallace personally, but I see on his website that congratulations are in order. I guess someone went and got married over the weekend!

In Chaff » Chris Wallace adds ounces to his gear list, on his finger
June 06, 7:50pm

Bandana and pack towel?
Er, I carry a bandana too, but was just too tired to articulate all the uses last night when I posted. Thanks for the great list of possible uses! Question though: do people who carry a bandana ...

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
June 06, 7:44pm

Poo Trowels
I also carry a SMC snow stake, with a small loop of BPL cord on it. I use it as a trowel first, and as an extra stake if a tent stake is lost, bent, etc. That is, it's ready if needed and not a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Poo Trowels
June 06, 7:37pm

seeking budget bug bivy
If you are interested in a Mantis, I have one I'll sell. PM me if you want.

In GEAR » seeking budget bug bivy
June 06, 5:17pm

Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale
Is there a way to see the original list? Just curious what I missed . . .

In Gear Swap » Backpacking Light Used Gear Sale
June 06, 2:04pm

Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
I know you listed the bandanna as a multi-use item, but if you want a sun hat with a dedicated "skirt" (had to go online to figure out what to call that), the Sun Runner cap is 1.9 oz on ...

In GEAR » Find me some 1oz baseball hat competition...
June 06, 12:41am

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.