BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1437 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...144

Forum » Thread

Hiking at High Elevations
Bolivia certainly deserves a place in any discussion about high altitude! I just returned from Bolivia last Tuesday. It is an amazing country! I decided to take Diamox because we were walking on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking at High Elevations
May 21, 3:17pm

FS: Trailstar
Just curious, the TS is such a versatile shelter, what are you replacing it with?

In Gear Swap » FS: Trailstar
May 19, 10:02pm

What is the lightest synthetic or wool T-shirt
The Mountain Hardwear WickedLite Tees are listed at 4 oz, my medium weighs 4.2 oz. My Icebreaker 150 t-shirt weighs 4.9 oz, also a medium.

In GEAR » What is the lightest synthetic or wool T-shirt
May 02, 9:08pm

Ultra-ultralight sleep system for summer heat
I live in OR now, but grew up in Arkansas and still think about this issue sometimes. I wonder about the Sea-to-Summit series of bag liners, like a combo of a Coolmax liner + a fleece or reactor li...

In GEAR » Ultra-ultralight sleep system for summer heat
April 29, 2:28pm

Royal Wedding & BPL
A lot of people don't know this, but Sam H and Addie flew over to England to personally fit Kate Middleton's custom white BPL Ultralight Mosquito Headnet before the wedding. True story.

In Chaff » Royal Wedding & BPL
April 29, 11:35am

15 degree bag for 3-three season in the PNW?
Next Adventure (at the corner of Grand + Stark) also carries Montbell bags.

In GEAR » 15 degree bag for 3-three season in the PNW?
April 28, 1:49pm

My New Spinnshelter!
Good luck with sunny in the PNW! Last Saturday was amazing, though, huh? Congrats on the new shelter.

In GEAR » My New Spinnshelter!
April 26, 11:02pm

Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
Josh, I posted this a while ago, but Next Adventure in PDX now carries a few ULA packs (I think it was the Circuit and the Catalyst but not sure). Even if those packs weren't your first choice,...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
April 25, 11:10pm

Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
The closest encounter I've had with bears was in Olympic NP and Alpine Lakes. Generally, if you are safe about your food in the PNW, they don't seem to be a problem yet, like in CA. The onl...

In GEAR » Bear bag system for Oregon/SW Washington areas
April 25, 11:05pm

Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
Another nice feature of the MLD packs (maybe others, I just don't know) is that there are small plastic tabs & cord loops on the bottom, cinching the pack together to reduce the volume. I h...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs. Too many choices.
April 25, 10:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.