Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steven Paris (saparisor) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Steven Paris has not added a biography yet.
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steven Paris

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1516 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...152

Forum » Thread

Ochlerotatus Japonicus is here, and they hate you
From the article:"Worse, they're believed to be efficient carriers of dengue fever, West Nile virus and encephalitis."

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Nasty new mosquitos in Oregon
June 22, 10:58am

PNW June BPL Meetup
Chris, Sorry I haven't responded again, but I'm in for Saturday if you want to go. I might be able to leave Friday evening, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get to the TH by dark....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PNW June BPL Meetup
June 21, 11:14pm

Trekking pole quandary
Maybe these: http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage.nsf/0/7E08FE700EE10A70C125756E00268964?opendocument Aluminum, but only 6.52 oz per pole, and I'm guessing that's with the ba...

In GEAR » Trekking pole quandary
June 21, 10:12am

HELP NEED PACK NOW !!!
Here are some packs from www.basegear.com, where the Peak is on sale in size L. I have no connection to this store, except that I know about it b/c it isn't that far from where I live in OR. If...

In GEAR » HELP NEED PACK NOW !!!
June 20, 10:36pm

Geigerrigs available in Portland
Next Adventure seems to have the best selection of UL gear in the city and keep adding to their selection: They now have Geigerrig bladders, if anyone is thinking of putting together a filter sy...

In GEAR » Geigerrigs available in Portland
June 20, 8:06pm

Re: Geigerrig Bag ...need just the right filter though....
There are some really good threads here about filtering/purifying water, but if I was going to Africa and South America, I'd think strongly about a First Need XL purifier. It is 1 lb, but that ...

In GEAR » Geigerrig Bag ...need just the right filter though....
June 20, 8:03pm

24: Enchanted Valley
Chris, Don't know how I missed this TR, just catching up to it now. I haven't been in the EV itself but here it is from near O'Neill Pass, across from Anderson Glacier (in 2004): ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 24: Enchanted Valley
June 18, 11:38pm

GoLite Ion Concept Modification
Nice work! Looks like it can really increase the functionality of the Ion. I always liked Osprey's modular system on their packs, although my Aether 75 was big enough for backpacking trips t...

In Make Your Own Gear » GoLite Ion Concept Modification
June 16, 10:47pm

Tonto Creek: Bear Flats to Hell's Gate
Thanks, Kris, nice trip report. It looks like it was quite the adventure. Funny to leave the rainy NW to get so wet! Are those pool noodles in your packs? Were those helpful?

In Post-Trip Reports » Tonto Creek: Bear Flats to Hell's Gate
June 16, 10:37pm

Single Pole Shelter for 1 + Dog
+1 for the Trailstar. Keep in mind that while you don't have to have 2 poles for a TS, it does make it easier to have a door, especially in an area w/o any trees to guy out to. If you want a...

In GEAR » Single Pole Shelter for 1 + Dog
June 16, 10:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Steven Paris

Steven Paris has posted no reviews.