Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1561 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Ready for the season to start.
"The winter threads are making me weary. Has hiking season started for any of you?" It never ends..... it may change from west coast to east coast, from hiking to snowshoeing but I dec...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ready for the season to start.
March 15, 7:40pm

Re: Hike Fast? More like hiking long...
Mags, Your HMHDI post had me rolling. Thanks for brightening up my evening.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 15, 7:32pm

Re: Re: Pliers
"Steak knife? Was that an UL trip or did you happen to hunt and kill something along the way? :-)" It was definitely a UL trip, 8 lb base weight and 8 lbs of steaks, baked potatoes, be...

In GEAR » Do pliers belong in your kit?
March 15, 5:03pm

Not sure I have ever needed them so I'm glad I don't carry them. I only take a razor blade and that rarely ever gets used. I did have to take a steak knife to cut my steak on the last tri...

In GEAR » Do pliers belong in your kit?
March 15, 4:30pm

SHR List
There is nothing special about the SHR in regards to sleeping pad. I would carry the neoair. Be careful relying on waypoints that you find on-line. You will get every bit as lost as the person t...

In Gear Lists » Sierra High Route Gear List
March 15, 4:27pm

Re: Re: Re: JMT 2011
When are you leaving? I should be passing through there right about June 22nd if everything stays on schedule.

In Gear Lists » JMT 2011
March 15, 1:58pm

Everyone's different.
I love to move fast and far but that is more due to time constraints vs. the trip I want to do and also the fact that I can't sit still. And while this is my right way it certainly won't b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why so fast?
March 09, 2:32pm

Chinese Scale
Amazing that a thread that started about a chinese scale has evolved/devolved into a fundemental political debate. This one could give the carbon thread a run for it's money. Do I hear a hund...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 08, 7:08pm

Tight Fit
I am 6'2" and 187lb and the L BL1 is a tight fit on me.

In Gear Deals » Golite Huge Clearance - Up to 70% off, example 2008 Pinnacle $39
March 08, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Two Fer Tater Tuesday! - Sarah's Version
"Last night I was rummaging around in a large box of freeze dried food that I had on hand, and I found a package of Sun Dried Tomatoes (Trader Joes). Then I turned the package over, and on the...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Two Fer Tater Tuesday!
March 08, 6:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.