Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1479 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...148

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
From Piute, you will have to make it all the way to the JMT to hit 8200' Near the trail junction there is a cluster of heavily used sites. There are also good sites in French Canyon and acres...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
February 01, 4:45pm

Great Read
I had to laugh at the section about getting lost just south of Reds. I have been through there twice, once in each direction and lost the trail. And that was without any snow. I was surprised to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole Part 2: The Snowy Sierra
February 01, 4:32pm

Pillow
My pack is my pillow so inside of my bivy

In GEAR » Leaving Pack Outside Shelter
February 01, 11:15am

Re: Re: when i was in Boy Scouts...
That almost won a Darwin award.

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
January 31, 4:49pm

A long way to go
We have a long way to go to make our pup SUL. The 112lb. "base" weight is quite enough for the pup to carry. Great Pyrenees have double dew claws so our potential weight savings...

In Chaff » New SUL Puppy
January 31, 10:03am

Great Read
Thanks for sharing with us. Is there more coming on your CDT trip?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT vs CDT
January 30, 4:48pm

A quick one
Tahoe Rim Trail - 168 miles. Easy logistics, resupply options, nice scenery. I could probably come up with a better one in the Sierras but you didn't say how many miles you're able/willin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » favorite loop trail in the U.S?
January 30, 3:49pm

A myth
I don't believe there is such a thing as waterproof railrunners. There are non-waterproof and those marketed as waterproof that let water in the top and will leak over time. Maybe my experien...

In GEAR » Trailrunners: Waterproof or Not?
January 30, 3:44pm

Re: storing and using powdered drink mixes
I make up "300 calorie packs" individually flavored and stored in small zipper bags. The negative to this is that I've had a couple open up. The positve is that I can mix/match flav...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » storing and using powdered drink mixes
January 30, 3:39pm

Twisted Logic
"If you have never been overweight, or had to loose weight YOU HAVE NO reason to make any comment about the subject." So by this logic you could only practice criminal law if you are a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 30, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.