BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1413 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: JMT Advice
Is it possible, yes I did it in 10 days including all transportation from SF and hitching between Whitney and Yosemite. And we did a pass a day with the exception of one day where we did both Pinc...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT Advice
December 29, 3:13pm

weather on southern at
You could get just about anything in March. The most important piece of gear for me is a windshirt. The trail hugs the ridges and the wind will roar. As far as temperatures I doubt you will see ...

In GEAR » Torso layering for early AT Thru?
December 28, 10:43am

Re: PCT 2011 Gear List: Feedback VERY Welcomed!
OK, I'll take the easy one..... Bear spray???? Electronics. Can you use the Iphone's camera and eliminate the need for redundant camera. And there has to be a lighter form of protectio...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2011 Gear List: Feedback VERY Welcomed!
December 28, 5:40am

Bivy setup
Jeff, 5 minutes to setup and takedown is great but 15 secs is even better. My quilt stays in the bivy. Pull it out and climb in. Glad you like your setup. Mine works great for me.

In GEAR » to bivy or not to bivy
December 26, 7:01pm

Bivy
The biggest reason I use a bivy is the speed that I setup and tear down 90% of the time. If it's not raining the bivy alone is the quickest option out there. Also I love the open air feeling ...

In GEAR » to bivy or not to bivy
December 26, 12:32pm

Packs alone
I have purchased or semi-retired 4 different packs that I had been saving for trips where I go with others. (2 Jams, a Pinnacles and an REI UL-65) But that has gotten out of hand. At some point I ...

In GEAR » Spare Gear
December 24, 10:50am

Mileage
What was the mileage? I have 4 pairs cued up for the PCT. Or will I need 5?

In GEAR » La Sportiva Wildcat trail runner
December 21, 2:31pm

Re: Lightweight Day Pack for Running/Hiking in Winter?
How about finding the ultimate running pack and adding an ice ax loop. May open up some options vs. having to compromise.

In GEAR » Lightweight Day Pack for Running/Hiking in Winter?
December 19, 9:12am

Wildcats
What mileage did you get on your wildcats and what was the failure?

In GEAR » Another PCT Gear Review
December 18, 2:44pm

bivy
I found that my bivy really help avoid the drafts and keep additional warmth in.

In GEAR » Why am I still cold with this winter quilt?
December 18, 11:19am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.