BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1447 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...145

Forum » Thread

Used Jam
You should be able to pick up a used Jam for under $100. I actually have three of them. I have been too lazy to sell either my extra 2008 (lightest weight, no hip pockets.) or a 2009 with hip poc...

In GEAR » Packs, Packs, Packs
January 20, 11:04pm

Re: Rae Lakes
"The Rae Lakes Loop might be an option. It won't leave you with any difficult travel arrangements to get back to the car and at 46 miles you can either take it nice and easy or pick up the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 20, 10:58pm

Re: 5 day menu planning
+1 on Sarah's comment. Large cooked meals take effort and when very tired I just don't feel like cooking. You might also try doing a trip where you only take you absolute favorite foods l...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 5 day menu planning
January 20, 11:11am

Re: JMT Section Hike
OK, given the constraints. 1) I would modify day 12 and 13. I would increase the mileage of day 12 to 15 (Pinchot is a super easy pass heading south) and camp at Rae Lakes. On Day 13 I would hea...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT Section Hike
January 16, 7:50pm

Re: JMT Section Hike
Couple Questions: 1) Are you set following the JMT or are you open to short section alternative? Perhaps off-trail? 2) Are you staying at Vermillion on your day off and are you open to changing t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT Section Hike
January 16, 6:53pm

Lights on earth from space
This photo shows a very similiar profile. It would be a good indication of the power availability and population density on earth.

In Chaff » World Map -- As Drawn by Facebook Users
January 16, 6:11am

Let's not start
Len, I'm ashamed to say that I wasted way too much time slogging through the 28 pages of redundant "crap" on the WB forum dealing with this subject. I think we can all agree that he...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
January 15, 5:10pm

Forceflex
UL hikers should love these. The process used to make them stretch the plastic allows a stronger bag with less material, a UL dream. And I work the Company that owns Glad so buy lots of them :)

In GEAR » ForceFlex Garbage Bags?
January 15, 4:18pm

Re: Re: Re: risk management
Mark, This is a great way of looking at questions like this. Normally everyone gives their two cents along the lines of one of these three approaches. It may look like there are huge diasagreeme...

In GEAR » Raingear for JMT/SHR in Sept
January 15, 1:46pm

A great article on Energy Gels, Glycemic Index and Exercise
This is a great 101 article on energy replenishment and ultramarathons. Would also apply to more intense backpacking. Very relevent to many topics on this thread. http://www.ultrarunning.com/u...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Liquid calories vs food calories?
January 15, 9:24am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.