BPL Community Profile

Tad Englund (bestbuilder) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me I like to be outside
CitySeattle Area
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://englundhomes.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tad Englund

Showing 1061 - 1070 of 1270 | Page: 1 ...98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Mixing
Kyle, sometimes the thinner the better. When it is thin it can "run/seep" into the thread or seam better then the thicker stuff which sits on top of the fabric, thread or seam. I mix mi...

In GEAR » Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
February 16, 8:36pm

Re: MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
Roger or anybody, has anyone had any experience with a MSR Pocket Rocket using the Brunton Stove Stand?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
February 16, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
Yes that will work just fine. That is what I use (though mine is the GE brand). Don't mix up too much at a time- it will "skin" over quicker then you think and make it messy to work...

In GEAR » Alternative Seam Sealer for Silnylon
February 16, 3:37pm

Re: poncho
I have a scout that is willing to pay $35?

In Gear Swap » FS ID Sil Poncho
February 16, 1:37pm

Re: Help choosing pack
A GoLite Jam2 is a good option and you can find them on sale this time of year for around $80-$100 (2008 model). http://www.backcountry.com/store/GOL0158/GoLite-Jam-2-Pack-3000-cu-in.html?CMP_ID...

In GEAR » Help choosing pack
February 14, 12:05pm

Re: It's really cool when others do this in the backcountry!
Now for a positive note- One of my favorite things while hiking is the smile and conversation from those walking the other way. As simple as this sounds this really helps lighten the load and kno...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » It's really cool when others do this in the backcountry!
February 13, 3:58pm

Re: "So you think that was dumb?"
I have far to many to count and not enough space on the server to list all the dumb things I've done- one of the more recent ones- starting that thread "Others Bug Me With This in the Bac...

In GEAR » So you think that was dumb?
February 13, 2:17pm

Re: things to look for - old down bag
I would weigh the bag- years ago I was given a couple of down bags and my kids use them for a couple of years- When I went light I decided to weigh them- both were over 4 lbs! I think half the we...

In GEAR » things to look for - old down bag
February 13, 10:12am

Re: FS: Western Mountaineering sleeping bags
PayPal sent on Ultralite

In Gear Swap » FS: Western Mountaineering sleeping bags
February 12, 6:34pm

Re: Good Info...thanks
Kyle, I think GG's comment had as much to do with fabric as basic knowledge. I had the same concerns as you before I purchased the pack. Now that I have it, I really like it but I only use it...

In GEAR » SUL Gear Help
February 12, 5:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Tad Englund

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core Pad
The mattress totally sucked the heat out of me. See this thread for more info about this mattress.

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
November 11, 6:39pm