BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1051 - 1060 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

Low Profile...
Huh?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What is the personality profile of a light weight backpacker?
February 11, 3:00pm

Daily fuel usage
I base my fuel use stats on my cooking style (I generally only cook dinners and I'm solo). 7 grams - brings 1 cup to boil 10 grams - brings 2 cups to boil 7 grams - for an 8 min. simmer (a...

In GEAR » Daily fuel usage
February 08, 10:01am

dry sack input needed
I have the OR Helium and the OR Hydroseal dry sacks. I've used the Hydroseal sack for several years as a storage sack for my down bag and it's been great. The Helium sack is half the weig...

In GEAR » dry sack input needed
February 07, 3:26pm

Base Weight poll...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Base Weight poll...
February 07, 1:32am

Water Filtration Methods...

In GEAR » Water Filtration Methods
February 07, 12:48am

Meal Plan for thru-hike
Breakfast (cold) and dinner (hot) are the easy ones... lunch has always been the problem for me. I don't like to stop for long once I get moving but energy bars don't do it for me. I ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Meal Plan for thru-hike
February 04, 10:26am

Winter UL fly fishing
I use neoprene dive booties with a rubber sole. They weigh in at 9 oz. per boot and pack nice and flat. I don't bother with felt soles but they could easily be added.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Winter UL fly fishing
February 02, 11:07pm

Cold breakfast, hot dinner...
>> I package the cereal and powedered milk in ziplocks before hand >> I do the same... maybe a Canadian quirk. I like hot dinners but on short trips I will occasionally just eat c...

In Philosophy & Technique » Meal Plan for thru-hike
February 02, 3:10pm

Deodorant choice...
I have never used deodorants on my backpacking trips, it just doesn't make sense. I carefully do food prep away from my camp, send my food and toothpaste etc. up a tree on a rope... and then I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Deoderant choice?
February 02, 2:18am

How do You Train?
>> One legged squats (never to failure) You will only have to fail once and the fun will be over. Take it from somebody that's been there (twice), don't stress the knees needles...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
January 30, 1:41am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm