Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim MacDiarmid (jrmacd) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jim MacDiarmid hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jim MacDiarmid has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1051 - 1060 of 1091 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110

Forum » Thread

Re: No more new gear for me...
My weakness is jackets - 5 softshells, 2 windjackets, 3 shells (edit: + 3 insulated jaackets). I'm only up to 2 tents, 3 backpacks(and 1 is an old EMS 4500 that weighs 7 lbs I'll never use...

In Philosophy & Technique » No more new gear for me...
March 16, 9:01pm

Re: Let us discuss rain pants
I have a pair of Marmot Precip Full Zips ( 11 oz in med. - wish I'd got the ankle zips) for when the chance of rain is better than 60% for prolonged periods. Less than that, I've got a UL...

In GEAR » Let us discuss rain pants
March 16, 8:56pm

Re: My perfect pack -- a hybrid that doesn't yet exist.
I have an Ohm and GG Gorilla on order, hopefully arriving Wednesday and Thursday next week. It would have been a slam dunk for the Ohm but for the lack of any way of ventilating the back panel...

In GEAR » My perfect pack -- a hybrid that doesn't yet exist.
March 15, 12:36pm

Re: Summer insulation?
I have the Alpine Light jacket. I wish I'd got the parka. While personal warmth is relative, I found it fine when I wore it in Chicago at night in the single digits, as long as I was shovelin...

In GEAR » Summer insulation?
March 13, 12:38pm

Re: North Face Skareb 55
Benjamin, I also own the Skareb 55 in large. I got it at the North Face Outlet for $80 on sale last year, when I was getting back into backpacking, before I had discovered BPL. It was a huge s...

In GEAR » North Face Skareb 55
March 13, 8:57am

ULA Ohm vs GG Gorrilla
Christopher, Do you have any experience with the Gorilla. You're right, it probably is a more apt comparison. I was just looking at the overal ci, not the breakdown. Right now, I can ...

March 10, 7:36pm

Montbell Vs WM Fill Weights.
What makes the Montbell Spiral Down Bag #3 so intriguing is that the fill weights are almost identical to the two WM bags I'm looking at: WM Summerlite - 32*, 9 oz fill in the Reg. Narrow cu...

In GEAR » New 2009 Mont-Bell Down Bags
March 10, 7:06pm

Re: New 2009 Mont-Bell Down Bags
I didn't know until I checked last night that Down Works in Santa Cruz carries Montbell. My GF and I are taking a day trip down to Big Sur this Saturday and I plan to stop on the way if they&#...

In GEAR » New 2009 Mont-Bell Down Bags
March 10, 4:18pm

Sweaty Back
"The only minor irritation I have experienced so far is that your back can get a bit warm from lack of ventilation;" > That's really the only thing that has me second guessing a...

March 10, 3:25pm

Re: what will happen
As great as these sales seem for consumers in the short run, they are terrible for the economy, as they are not making money, they are just desperate companies trying to lose as little money as pos...

In Gear Deals » 40% off at Backcountry...
March 10, 11:36am

All Reader Reviews by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Gossamer Gear
I ordered a Gorilla backpack from Gossamer Gear. It's my first venture into UL packs. I ordered a medium, and after trying it on for a few days and not finding it completely comfortable, I worri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 15, 5:39pm