BPL Community Profile

Jim MacDiarmid (jrmacd) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Jim MacDiarmid hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Jim MacDiarmid has not added a biography yet.
CityNYC
StateNY
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Winter Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1051 - 1060 of 1079 | Page: 1 ...89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108

Forum » Thread

Down fill in Montbell Bags
Tom, Have you found durability/quality to be a problem with Montbell bags? I was trying to decided between a WM Summerlite and Megalite(I will repeat again; I missed the stinkin' bc s...

In GEAR » New 2009 Mont-Bell Down Bags
March 10, 10:32am

Re: PowerStretch Zip-T vs. DriClime Windshirt
Building off Adrian and Natasha, if it is going to be wet enough that you will need a shell anyways, you're better off with the power stretch as it will be lighter in combination with the shell...

In GEAR » PowerStretch Zip-T vs. DriClime Windshirt
March 10, 10:17am

Re: Sleeping bag Return Shipping Etiquette
"(My personal opinion) It's an unethical move to order gear that way..... Not all stores can eat the cost of consumer's flipant returns like REI can, especially the cottage manufacture...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag Return Shipping Etiquette
March 09, 10:04pm

Re: Re: Sleeping bag Return Shipping Etiquette
Thanks. I know UPS has some weight to box size ratio that can increase the cost for a light package in a big box, but I was having trouble figuring out how that worked, and where it kicked it. Bu...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag Return Shipping Etiquette
March 09, 5:13pm

Sleeping bag Return Shipping Etiquette
I'm looking to order a new sleeping bag online. None of them are available in s physical store for me to try out side by side, so I will probably order all 3 I'm looking at, keep one, and ...

March 09, 4:40pm

stakes
You can buy the extra of the same/similar stakes TT supplies at REi for $2.25. http://www.rei.com/product/756438

In GEAR » Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 vs. TT-Cloudburst
March 09, 12:21pm

Re: PowerStretch Zip-T vs. DriClime Windshirt
I think active you'll be plenty toasty in the driclime. I've worn that riding my bike to work in SF and it's held off misty drizzles in 45 degree temps for those 15 minutes fairly we...

In GEAR » PowerStretch Zip-T vs. DriClime Windshirt
March 09, 12:13pm

Circuit/Ohm vs Osprey Exos 46
I am also happy that this thread started. I'm trying to decided between the Ohm and the Exos. The Exos has the advantage of me being able to use my REI dividend. But it's 10oz heavier, (...

In GEAR » anyone used a ULA Circuit and a Osprey Exos 46?
March 09, 12:04pm

Re: Set up at once
Yes, the mesh is already attached, It is a single wall tent. No mesh on the inner walls. I can measure when I get home, but I believe there's about 5 inches of mesh between the floor and the ...

March 09, 11:48am

Re: Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 vs. TT-Cloudburst
I know you asked about the Cloudburst, but I actually just got a TT Rainbow to replace my SL2. It's freestanding (if you really want freestanding) with trekking poles, or you can stake out the...

March 09, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Jim MacDiarmid

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gossamer Gear
I ordered a Gorilla backpack from Gossamer Gear. It's my first venture into UL packs. I ordered a medium, and after trying it on for a few days and not finding it completely comfortable, I worri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 15, 5:39pm