BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

First Backpacking Trip...
Gregory, You didn't mention if she was already an experienced camper and hiker (car camping). If she's already used to sleeping on the ground in tents, the bugs, and long day hikes then...

In GEAR » First trip with new wife- what sleep system? also gear list for 6 days in Glacier
February 27, 1:42pm

Seeking proper fit shoe last!
See if you can find a pair of Merrell Mesa Ventilators to try on. They have a fairly roomy toe box and Vibram soles that handle rocky terrain really well. You pay a bit of a weight penalty for th...

In GEAR » Seeking proper fit shoe last!
February 24, 1:32am

water bottle holder
I don't use a holder, I just take a small (500 ml) bottle and run the cap tether around my pack strap and let it slide down the strap to the waist belt. A small bottle moves very little in thi...

In GEAR » water bottle holder
February 22, 12:10pm

Black bears, east & west
I hate that Ninja thing they do. I was cooking up a pot of food to share with my backpacking partner and it started to rain. We scooped our meal out of the pot and ran and stood under a tree ab...

In GEAR » Black bears, east & west
February 21, 12:38am

Mapping for the Vista Hcx...
Mapping will cost you a bit of cash but it's worth it (that's where Garmin makes the money). For backpacking and hiking I like the Topo mapping but I also have the City mapping which sup...

In GEAR » WTB New Handheld GPS-Recommendations Please?
February 18, 10:24pm

mUV Water Bobber
Andrew Thanks for the info. The description of the mUV Water Bobber mentions a "White LED Flashlight Mode". This suggests that the water bobber could also be used as a flashlight...

In GEAR » Water Filtration Methods
February 16, 12:28pm

mUV Water Bobber
Does anybody know anything about this one? I like the idea of a rechargeable battery and the hands free design sounds good (and only 2.4 oz. for less than $50!) http://www.hikelight.com/acc_wat...

In GEAR » Water Filtration Methods
February 16, 1:30am

GPS
I'd recommend the Vista HCx. It's small, weighs 5.2 ounces (which includes two Lithium batteries). Garmin added a new high-sensitivity receiver to the Vista this year (that's what the...

In GEAR » WTB New Handheld GPS-Recommendations Please?
February 15, 8:07pm

Choices...
It's about choices... not only what products you will use but what you will proactively fight for. I like barbequed food, my mattress and pillows are foam, I wipe sunscreen and bug repellent...

In GEAR » Plastic water bottles: safe or not?
February 15, 2:30pm

Mildew...
Does your trunk leak? Mildew will do that. I have a floater coat that suffered the same fate from leaving it in my boat where it was damp. The heavy nylon layer on the outside of my jacket dis...

In GEAR » What ate my jacket?
February 13, 7:55am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm