BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 2884 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...289

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: snow travel footwear system
I've heard very good things about the rocky goretex socks. I was concerned about durability but apparently they hold up well. Here is a review on them http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/b...

In GEAR » snow travel footwear system
September 25, 12:06am

Re: Re: snow travel footwear system
I would probably go with boots if I was snowshoeing the entire time, but if I had to walk on bare ground in boots I would be very miserable. I've been hiking in minimal shoes for years and in b...

September 24, 11:15pm

HB point blanket.
I would love to own one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson%27s_Bay_point_blanket crazy expensive.

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 24, 10:01pm

Re: Wool sleeping bag for desert use
Scott, I think you are seriously underestimating how low the warmth/ounce ratio of a wool blanket is compared to a modern bag. Yes, wool blankets are awesome and functional pieces of gear that will...

In Make Your Own Gear » Wool sleeping bag for desert use
September 24, 9:24pm

Re: My food and water weight conundrum...
Most people who aren't sul and are hiking with a frameless pack are only going for weekends. With like a 5 lb base weight, 10lbs of food, and 1/2 liter of water you could easily do a 5-6 day tr...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My food and water weight conundrum...
September 24, 4:57pm

snow travel footwear system
I want to try doing some snow hiking this winter. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for footwear. I plan on using rocky mountain gortex socks over regular weight wool socks in...

September 24, 4:26pm

Re: Standard Delivery Confirmation
My idiot mailman keeps delivering our mail to a house on another street with the same number. Luckily they have always walked over and brought us our mail. And we constantly get their mail. I ag...

In Gear Swap » BEWARE OF USPS AND FALSE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
September 24, 1:44am

Re: BEWARE OF USPS AND FALSE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
Are you sure it wasn't stolen?

In Gear Swap » BEWARE OF USPS AND FALSE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
September 24, 1:26am

Re: Layering in the Sierras for 35-55 degrees?
That sounds good, but you aren't going to be wearing all of that while hiking. The synthetic hoody is important if you caught in a storm this late in the season. It won't crap out on you w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Layering in the Sierras for 35-55 degrees?
September 23, 11:01pm

Re: Re: Tights
I mainly use tights for wet weather stuff (really nice for walking through cold rivers). I can tell you that tights are very warm while wet, but only when absolutely skin tight. This is because you...

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Tights - Part 2
September 23, 10:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am