BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 2796 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...280

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
Tom, that's what I should have done but remember, only 1 water bottle. I probably could have gotten away with that early in the season. I passed by so many dried up streams.

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 9:01pm

Re: Re: My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
I started them several days before the trip. I took 2-4 tablets each day while hiking depending on how I was feeling. I've always had problems with judging my hydration. The air up the...

September 09, 8:16pm

Re: Re: "My (failed) attempt at a SHR section."
My knowledge of nutrition is very limited, but I always end up eating a lot of carbs. So probably a lot more than 30%.

September 09, 7:55pm

Re: Cache Creek
Yeah, it's been hot and miserable up there. Probably a good place to pack raft (they let a lot of water out in the summer). Those yellow start thistles have invaded everything. Don't even t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lots of bear scat, more than I have ever seen in the Sierra
September 09, 6:51pm

"The key is to remain flexible and take what the situation allows. You did just that, and I commend you for your flexibility. It will serve you well on future trips." This wasn't t...

September 09, 6:43pm

I do have a prescrip for Diamox and I took a generous dosage throughout the trip. I can't function without it. I've spent a few trips at 7-9k and the standard thing when waking up is to pop...

September 09, 6:14pm

Re: Lots of bear scat, more than I have ever seen in the Sierra
I had a similar experience in Cache Creek of all places. Something like 15 piles of scat within 5 miles. Part of this could be dense brush that makes walking on the trail more efficient for the be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lots of bear scat, more than I have ever seen in the Sierra
September 09, 3:38pm

My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
In August we attempted to do a section of the sierra high route from Kearsage Pass to Piute Pass over 10 days. We spent the first 2 days only hiking a few miles and mostly acclimating. On the 3...

September 09, 3:22pm

nothing to see here

In User Test Forum » nothing to see here
September 09, 3:05pm

Re: What food (or drink) do you often wish you had carried more of?
On every trip there is something that I wish I carried more of. On the next trip I bring more of it and barely touch it. I always end up with a bunch of cooked food and no no-cook food at the en...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What food (or drink) do you often wish you had carried more of?
September 09, 2:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am