BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale west coast best coast
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 2520 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...252

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Liners
This thread had me thinking of that episode. I prefer shorts and underwear instead of a liner. Freeballing it in running shorts is only appropriate for solo hikes!

In GEAR » Running shorts
June 18, 9:27pm

Re: Re: Shoe set up for hiking in mud?
Nick, have you tried using some shoes that have traction designed for mud? You really want something with cleat like lugs.

In GEAR » Shoe set up for hiking in mud?
June 17, 10:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Real possibilities for actual mud?
Bellville makes a high top, non waterproof minimalist boot that weighs less than 2 pounds per pair. http://www.bellevilleboot.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=97

In GEAR » Shoe set up for hiking in mud?
June 17, 10:21pm

Re: What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
Most dogs are all bark and no bite. I was nearly trampled by a pack of pitbulls running through our camp at 6 a.m. at Terrace Creek in Big Sur. Please control your dogs and don't let them ha...

In Philosophy & Technique » What to do when encountering dogs on the trail?
June 17, 10:01pm

Re: Re: Re: Bigfoot Trail in Northern California
If the route ever becomes more clear and defined, I would consider doing it. I have been wanting to do a thru-hike and I love that part of the state.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bigfoot Trail in Northern California
June 17, 9:12pm

Re: Mineral King: Black Rock Pass & Sawtooth Pass
Did you do the loop around big 5 and little 5 lakes?

In Post-Trip Reports » Mineral King: Black Rock Pass & Sawtooth Pass
June 17, 1:25pm

Re: Running shorts
Check your local thrift stores/goodwill. There are usually some decent athletic shorts there. I really like the REI brand running shorts. They dry super fast and they work well as underwear. T...

In GEAR » Running shorts
June 16, 9:29pm

Re: Great tips. Big help. Thanks
I have only been there a couple times, but I remember seeing quite a few flat forested areas near the mouth of rivers. You don't have to camp above the beach, just farther back in the dirt. ...

In Gear Lists » Summer Sierra / Lost Coast List
June 15, 8:36pm

Re: So Helpful. Thanks, Ken
Brian, don't even try setting up a shelter in sand. It's a waste of time and it never, ever works. There is no way to stake it down. Just set up on the dirt.

In Gear Lists » Summer Sierra / Lost Coast List
June 15, 6:52pm

Re: +1 on Smart and Final
Is it possible to get the scent out of scented trash compactor bags?

In GEAR » trash compactor bags
June 14, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am