BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 3034 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...304

Forum » Thread

Tyvek
Have you considered cutting the suit into a separate pair of jacket+pants?

In Make Your Own Gear » Coloring a Tyvek Suit
November 04, 9:41pm

Re: Why I don't like bivy bags
I haven't used a real bivy bag before, but I wouldn't mind using one for camping in mostly dry summer weather where I most likely wouldn't need a shelter. Seems like a lightweight optio...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 04, 4:51pm

Re: Maybe if you ride them into the ground...
"My new bag is a MH Ultralamina, which was still cheaper than a down bag. I expect to get years of service." fwiw, my mh lamina 35 degree bag crapped out on me after about 60 nights.

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric
November 04, 4:15pm

Re: Re: Bummer!

In Philosophy & Technique » Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
November 04, 2:38pm

Re: Bummer!
That tarp looks too small. If you want to stick with tarp camping, I would get a much bigger tarp which would give you an effective "vestibule" to stash all of your gear (especially impo...

November 04, 2:21pm

Re: Foot of Bivy sticking out of tarp?
Get a 10x10 or even a 12x12 tarp and pitch it high, like a canopy. Plenty of room to set down your gear, change clothes, and cook a meal. If the weather is bad enough that you can't pitch it...

November 04, 1:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Extreme cold weather clothing systems and other related issues
Justin, it's 2013. There is no reason you would ever need to die on a trip like this. There are these things called personal locator beacons.

In Winter Hiking » Extreme cold weather clothing systems and other related issues
November 03, 9:25pm

Esbit
Esbit make good fire starters too. Maybe overkill for most situations, but when the woods is very wet and I'm cold I will use one.

In Philosophy & Technique » Fire starters
November 03, 3:32pm

Re: Re: portable DVD projector
What if you took this backpacking and projected a movie on the side of a huge granite boulder?

In GEAR » Need help picking a portable DVD projector
November 03, 3:16pm

Re: Layering strategies for rest/camp using sleeping insulation
In winter I use a campfire (which I also cook on). I get cold at rest and all of that camp clothing would be very heavy. In the summer, after a long day of hiking I go to bed when it gets dark and ...

In GEAR » Layering strategies for rest/camp using sleeping insulation
November 03, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am