Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Justin Baker (justin_baker) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Rosa, CA
About Me http://jbaker8484.imgur.com/
CitySanta Rosa
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Justin Baker

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 3260 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...326

Forum » Thread

White man fire.
The white man fire, red man fire thing is a load of b.s. It originated in times of hostility between settlers and natives. White men would make large fires that could be seen from very far away wi...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 18, 5:16pm

Re: Photo as requested
Thanks for posting the timestamp Jeff. It's nothing personal, recently we had a guy with only a few posts scam a member out of several hundred dollars. Good luck with your sale.

In Gear Swap » Brand new ULA packs at huge discounts!
December 18, 4:55pm

Re: fire
"I would love to hear some BPLers' strategies for keeping a fire going in steady rain" First thing is to place it under the densest tree canopy you can find, this will do a lot for...

In GEAR » A 3.4oz fire starting insurance policy
December 18, 12:26pm

Re: Best way to setup 8x10 tarp
For mild weather and ease of set up, I like a simple lean to. Tie the corners on one side off to 2 trees and pin the other side to the ground with stakes. A very short set up time and requires very...

In GEAR » Best way to setup 8x10 tarp
December 18, 12:06pm

Re: Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
The ultralight distinction is about base weight, not overall weight. To answer your question though, once you get over 30 pounds the weight will start to slow you down.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 18, 11:51am

Re: gore tex
"despite all the "bad rap" goretex gets here .... for mild PNW always slushy wet or puddles conditions (your sneakers WONT dry even if they are mesh, theres no effing sun or dry grou...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 18, 11:17am

Re: 100 weight fleece pullover is light?
Yes, it's the ideal weight for an active layer. Not too warm, which is good.

In GEAR » 100 weight fleece pullover is light?
December 18, 11:08am

Re: When to carry/wear a Short Sleeve shirt?
Hiking in a mostly shaded area in warm weather, the short sleeve will be cooler. Actually going shirtless would be even cooler. I would go shirtless more often if pack straps didn't rub shoulde...

In GEAR » When to carry/wear a Short Sleeve shirt?
December 17, 10:03pm

Re: Trail Runners and Snow
Bread bags haven't worked for me at all. They are so slippery that my feet will literally go flying out of my shoes if I try and walk uphill. They are nice for keeping dry socks dry around camp...

In GEAR » Trail Runners and Snow
December 17, 9:56pm

FS: C.A.M.P Slim ED down jacket (large) - $50
This jacket has served me well, but I know prefer hoods on all of my jackets and I'm about to replace this with a hooded down jacket. The camp jacket has 85 grams of 650 fill down. Total wei...

In Gear Swap » FS: C.A.M.P Slim ED down jacket (large) - $50
December 17, 9:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Justin Baker

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Gregory Tarne 36

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 13, 11:53am