BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1415 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...142

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: new waterfall record
"He should have just jumped off the cliff. He stayed inside his dinghy for about 0.7 seconds." I thought the same thing. Would have more entertaining if he went over in an inflatable ...

In Packrafting » new waterfall record
January 13, 4:33pm

Re: Maybe what I meant was...
"* What high calorie options are others drinking on the trail?" Keep in mind that all carbohydrates and proteins are 4 calories/gram and fats are 9 calories/gram. So you will not get hi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Liquid calories vs food calories?
January 13, 4:23pm

JMT Lite
If you want the "best of the best" (IMHO) I would hike the JMT between Muir Trail Ranch and Whitney. Challenge would be getting transport between the Start and Finish. One option may be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Sierra Hike in 7 days.
January 13, 11:20am

No difference
To answer the totle of the original post.... No there is no difference between the form that calories are consumed. To illustrate. imagine eating a poptart and drinking a liter of water with it. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Liquid calories vs food calories?
January 13, 10:51am

A few possibilities
1) Hetchy Hetchy- hike out of the valley and up toward Vernon lake. You can make as long of trip as you want. I did a 45 mile out to tilden and back and it was awesome. 2) Later in the season yo...

In Winter Hiking » Snow Camping in the Southern Sierra (or anywhere for that matter).
January 12, 6:05pm

Re: Stuff sack for my sleeping bag
If you use a bivy, use the bivy as your stuff sack.

In GEAR » Stuff sack for my sleeping bag
January 12, 12:57pm

Electrolytes
I started taking electrolyte capsules because I have had some serious problems after some of my longer hikes. For my PCT hike I will be taking the electrolytes, multivitamin and glutamine. Are th...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Multi-Vitamin for a long distance trek?
January 12, 10:09am

Re: Re: re
Flagyl is metronidozole, it is the branded version. I will treat water and am not letting myself get sick and treating it. I am not willing to go through several days of misery in the event I d...

In Gear Lists » New PCT 2011 gear list
January 11, 7:43pm

Re: Re: re
I never used to treat water at all and went almost 7 years with no problem. Then after a trip out of Sonora Pass my luck gave out. I went to the doctor and yes they ran a test and a week after th...

In Gear Lists » New PCT 2011 gear list
January 11, 6:56pm

Re: Gear Swap Etiquette
"Further, there's been a couple times in the last month that I've seen used gear listed in the Gear Swap forum with a higher asking price than the same item is selling for new (on sale...

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap Etiquette
January 11, 11:15am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.