Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1505 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...151

Forum » Thread

Re: 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
Look at the area around Big Run. It is just south west of loft mountain, south of 33. You can definitely pull together a 30 milers with a bunch of elevation gain. It is also a great place to hik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 22, 11:15am

My Hike
I was ADHD as a kid and never outgrew it. My Backpacking reflect this since I like to be on the move. I typically starting hiking at first light. I love the early morning hours. I get going q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
February 22, 10:09am

Great
I'm sitting on a plane at 32,000' flying out to Ca for a great weekend of UL gathering. I thought it was only warm and sunny in Ca, I only brought shorts and a T-shirt. Anybody else flyin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 21, 6:53pm

Re: Ohlone Wilderness trail gearlist
Hard to argue with 10lb skin out but 18 oz. trekking poles are over 10% of your total weight.

In Gear Lists » Ohlone Wilderness trail gearlist
February 21, 11:58am

Craig is a bad influence
Craig, you are a terrible influence on all of us. I took a 35 mile "hike" last Sunday that ended up being 70% in snow. I was coming off of one of the higher mountains with about a foot ...

In Other Activities » A Perfect Sunday Run
February 20, 7:50pm

Re: Ursack
Hiking the PCT and I'm from Canton, just north of ATL. Yes, I ran into Phreak on the AT in NC, expect to see him out on one of my training hikes on the AT prior to leaving.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
February 20, 7:16pm

Re: The Canister Myth
Acually, picking it up at MTR, Vermillion or Red's would keep you legal. I will likely carry one from Kearsarge on because it fits in my resupply plan better. Now if the Ursack is reapproved ...

February 20, 7:04pm

PCT vs. JMT
"Are you saying that PCTers get space priority over the JMTers at the boxes? " Not exactly, but they are coming through earlier in the year when there is less demand on the boxes. Du...

February 20, 5:27pm

The Canister Myth
There is a belief in the PCT community that canisters must be carried from Kennedy Meadows to Sonora Pass. This is just not true and I did an entry in my 2011 TJ that documents where they must be ...

February 20, 4:39pm

Bob is Correct
The picture was likely taken on the climb up to Kearsarge or down from Charlotte. Here's a winter view.

In Photo Gallery » TRT and Marlette Lake
February 20, 4:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.