BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1450 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...145

Forum » Thread

Twisted Logic
"If you have never been overweight, or had to loose weight YOU HAVE NO reason to make any comment about the subject." So by this logic you could only practice criminal law if you are a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Training & Workout
January 30, 9:30am

Training Simplified Even More
Just did a nice long hike and had plenty of time to think about this. Since we're off of the OP question..... Lean and Mean Eat less calories than you burn Do some physical exercise but i...

January 29, 4:00pm

Re: Opinion
Mike, My suggestion for treadmill workout without knowing what kind of physical condition you're in. Keep the pack at home. Assume your 80% max speed is 4.0mph Absolutely no holding on! ...

January 28, 11:58am

Re: Re: Re: Re: You mean this Bob
Ken, let me guess, you hike clockwised and saw the bears near the Paradise Valley campsites. I've only seen two bears in the "wild" and one was there last year. I think the bears ha...

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 28, 9:39am

Hey, I have one of those
Yours is a better picture! :(

In Photo Gallery » TRT and Marlette Lake
January 27, 7:42pm

Re: PCT shoes help
"About how many pairs of shoes are needed for the PCT." I have looked into this and 5 seems to be the average answer, just over 500 miles. Much will depend on brand on shoe on how yo...

In GEAR » PCT shoes help
January 27, 7:36pm

Re: Re: You mean this Bob
Haven't seen them either. This was a picture from a Trail journal of a hiker, trail name - Bearcan't. Wanna guess why???? Made an impression on me!

January 27, 6:40pm

You mean this Bob
One Backpacker's Worst Nightmare at Thousand Island Lake

January 27, 6:06pm

Re: Are you a solitary hiker?
If one of my sons goes on a trip with me then I swap out one item; the tarp/bivy gets replaced with a TT Squall. (It has same weight per person.) Everything else, alchohol stove etc, stays the sa...

In Gear Lists » General go-anywhere/ 3-season gear-list almost complete
January 27, 6:01pm

Re: Trip & Route Planning Process
1. What do you do (e.g., checklist of your trip/route planning activities?) On all trip I have a food plan. On most trips I will plot the route on my GPS software. For long trips such as SHR, JM...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trip & Route Planning Process
January 27, 5:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.