Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1464 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...147

Forum » Thread

Re: The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
I'm surprised his mileage hasn't picked up at all. He's been averaging around 10 miles a day and some of that's on road. Breaking trail with snowshoes is hard work but I would exp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 02, 2:57pm

Re: Base and Mid Layers for JMT....and Sleeping Bag
I would take your lightest LS shirt+windshirt+Ex Light because I rarely wear anything other than the Light LS except possibly windshirt. No Windpants. I would add glove liners for sleeping/earl...

In GEAR » Base and Mid Layers for JMT....and Sleeping Bag
February 02, 1:58pm

Clear as mud
Joshua, Sent in my permit yesterday and I have to say it was clear as mud. I did not get the Whitney stamp since I've done Whitney and frankly I didn't find any better than Forester. But...

In GEAR » Quick question PCT Permit
February 01, 8:00pm

Re: Leaving the Pack Outside
"Ya know, Mike, your ideas, often good ones, would have a lot more impact if they weren't almost invariably delivered as if you were reading them from stone tablets you just brought down f...

In GEAR » Leaving Pack Outside Shelter
February 01, 7:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Trail runners should be banned from trails
"People don't kill trails. Trailrunners kill trails." Douglas, You have it wrong. It is the trail that kills my trail runners. Three pairs in the last year, something needs to b...

In Chaff » Trail runners should be banned from trails
February 01, 7:01pm

Re: Re: JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
From Piute, you will have to make it all the way to the JMT to hit 8200' Near the trail junction there is a cluster of heavily used sites. There are also good sites in French Canyon and acres...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Access - Pine Creek TH vs North Lake TH
February 01, 4:45pm

Great Read
I had to laugh at the section about getting lost just south of Reds. I have been through there twice, once in each direction and lost the trail. And that was without any snow. I was surprised to...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole Part 2: The Snowy Sierra
February 01, 4:32pm

Pillow
My pack is my pillow so inside of my bivy

In GEAR » Leaving Pack Outside Shelter
February 01, 11:15am

Re: Re: when i was in Boy Scouts...
That almost won a Darwin award.

In Philosophy & Technique » Bad Behavior
January 31, 4:49pm

A long way to go
We have a long way to go to make our pup SUL. The 112lb. "base" weight is quite enough for the pup to carry. Great Pyrenees have double dew claws so our potential weight savings...

In Chaff » New SUL Puppy
January 31, 10:03am

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.