BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1277 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: compressing down
with all the research and investigation that's now required to be a true Ultralighter, how do any of us find time to get out into the wilderness ?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Extraordinary Claims - Extraordinary Proofs
October 14, 10:31am

Re: Grand Canyon R2R2R, 10/9-10/10
Craig Great report, great scouting trip. When you "run" the R-R-R next spring, the return leg generally takes about 1 hour longer than the first crossing. Funny how fatigue tends to ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon R2R2R, 10/9-10/10
October 11, 5:01pm

Grand Canyon Shuttle Alternatives
I agree the shuttle seems way too expensive. A cheaper and more enjoyable way to solve this would be to do a Rim to Rim to Rim hike. Its doable in a day for the super fit, and doable in 2 day...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon Shuttle Rip Off
October 03, 11:30pm

Re: Food for Nighttime Heat
pretty simple ... sugar for fast heat. fats for long lasting heat. Yvon Chouinard, one of the great Alpine mountaineers of the 1960's -1980's , was quite fond of drinking a shot of O...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Food for Nighttime Heat
September 30, 1:55pm

Re: Sizing up rain gear for loft
I always size up my rain gear to fit comfortably over every other layer I might bring. Lots of trapped air inside. My rain gear is essentially my walking/standing tent. Would you size a tent t...

In GEAR » Sizing up rain gear for loft
September 28, 10:14am

. . .
. . .

In Chaff » Dual Survival
September 27, 1:45pm

Boiling Water in a Plastic Water Bottle
ok, yes, I do watch TV on occassion. On a recent episode of "Man, Woman, Wild" , the lost and stranded couple actually purified their water by boiling it in a used plastic (PET) water ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Boiling Water in a Plastic Water Bottle
September 22, 9:05am

Re: W to K
Jeff I meant to imply a shorter run for you, not me. I have another project going that will trash me for a month. Late October may be late for the Sierras. Craig I did Grand Canyon Rim Rim Ri...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Whitney to Kearsarge in a day
September 01, 9:23pm

Re: Re: Re: Lightest Trail Runners with Large Toebox?
Chris did you take them out on the trail? They somehow feel wider once you run in them a few miles. I have a really wide foot and they fit me. but I've moved on to amother shoe for other r...

In GEAR » Lightest Trail Runners with Large Toebox?
August 30, 8:01pm

Re: Lightest Trail Runners with Large Toebox?
What weight do you call light weight ? I strongly recommend Injini Toe Socks for toe blisters. these have pretty big toe boxes and are light. however, they have a much different feel than your...

In GEAR » Lightest Trail Runners with Large Toebox?
August 30, 7:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.