BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1267 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...127

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Newbie with a question
Or ......... you could just go camping with a lightweight Nemo Gogo and keep your down bag dry :-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Newbie with a question
August 30, 5:36pm

Re: Whitney to Kearsarge in a day
This run/hike is on my list although it will have to wait till next season since I'm pretty busy with other projects. I was thinking Onion Valley (Kearsarge) to Whitney, but either wat works f...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Whitney to Kearsarge in a day
August 29, 5:10pm

Re: ROI of upgrading
$10 a gram is my limit. that's $283.75 per ounce. I'm mostly interested in speed over long distance, and every gram helps. (not that I'm that fast ... its all relative to how slow ...

In GEAR » ROI of upgrading
August 27, 1:26pm

JMT Permits
a 3am arrival at the wilderness office should insure you a permit. I arrived twice at 6am and was able to get a JMT passthru permit ... but the second time I got the "last" one. good ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Mileage JMT
August 21, 9:55am

Re: How about 8mph?
from my experience, the typical trail runner does a 23 mile training run at a pace between 4 mph and 6 mph. if those runners were really doing 8 mph you were passed by two high end champion trai...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 19, 11:34am

Re: what makes a record official?
Go here, read this . . . trail records

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » what makes a record official?
August 18, 10:25pm

Re: How fast do you hike?
Results can vary greatly depending on the terrain. 1. altitude 2. elevation gain / loss 3. make up of the trail bed (this can be a very significant factor) 4. and of course weight on your back ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How fast do you hike?
August 16, 10:04am

Re: How Much Food In A Bearikade Scout
I can just barely fit 5 days of food in my Bearikade Scout. However, everyone's food choices are different, and results may vary.

In GEAR » How Much Food In A Bearikade Scout
August 15, 9:31am

Re: SPOT
Ben you are correct on all points. ITs time for an official record committee of 200 to stand one mile apart on the JMT and verify all attempts. My only point is that "something" is be...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT Record Attempts for 2010
August 12, 8:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Spot Should be required for all Record Attempts
"At some point, you just have to put some trust in people's honesty and sportsmanship" unfortunately there is a long and well established history of members of the human race cheat...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » JMT Record Attempts for 2010
August 12, 10:40am

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.