Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Art ... (asandh) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Art ... hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Art ... has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Art ...

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1375 | Page: 1 ...96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ...138

Forum » Thread

Re: The Clymb
Tim I'd be using the Hokas for 50 and 100 mile trail runs. they look really clunky, but a growing number of ultra runners swear by them. supposedly your feet and legs feel almost as fresh at...

In Gear Deals » Hoka One One waterproof trail shoes ~60% off
August 26, 11:02am

Re: How many packs do you own?
9 packs but 3 of them are small ultra running packs, do they count? also, 3 of the other 6 are home made. all the commercial packs are modified to some extent.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many packs do you own?
August 25, 5:34pm

PCT Record Attempt Going on Right Now
Scott Williamson, current co-holder of the PCT speed record, has just begun a solo attempt at breaking the record. PCT Record Attempt Go Scott

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PCT Record Attempt Going on Right Now
August 24, 2:45pm

Re: Hoka One One waterproof trail shoes ~60% off
Tim what can you say about this company ?? I just took a chance and bought some Hokas from a company I never heard of. yes they are very cheap ... if they are for real, and ever show up Hokas...

In Gear Deals » Hoka One One waterproof trail shoes ~60% off
August 24, 1:46pm

Re: Knife for self-arrest in snow
I agree a knife strapped to your wrist may be a bad idea. however, improvising sort of depends on the angle of the slope you're on and how icey it is. I have grabbed a couple pointy rocks o...

In Winter Hiking » Knife for self-arrest in snow
August 19, 4:34pm

Re: Using a quilt as a camp shawl to avoid carrying down jacket...
I would probably go with a jacket and very light bag/quilt

In GEAR » Using a quilt as a camp shawl to avoid carrying down jacket...
August 18, 9:01am

Re: Re: Using a quilt as a camp shawl to avoid carrying down jacket...
I agree with everything Sean said. Bring the jacket, make the quilt lighter if you must shave weight.

In GEAR » Using a quilt as a camp shawl to avoid carrying down jacket...
August 17, 8:18pm

Re: What is Shoulder Season backpacking?
where I live, shoulder season is that time of year where its still mostly sunny, but the temps can drop as low as 55* or rise as high as 75*.

In Philosophy & Technique » What is Shoulder Season backpacking?
August 17, 12:08pm

Re: Shops that carry Leukotape?
I think the REI where I live carries it. It may go under a different name, like Therapy Tape or something like that. In the medical / first aid section I think.

In GEAR » Shops that carry Leukotape?
August 17, 8:06am

Re: 100% Agree
You need to write your Congressman and express these views ... (not that it will do any good). But sometimes it does.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Smokies considering charging for backcountry camping
August 15, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Art ...

Art ... has posted no reviews.