Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rod Lawlor (Rod_Lawlor) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Australia
About Me Rod Lawlor has not added a biography yet.
CityMelbourne
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rod Lawlor

Showing 1041 - 1050 of 1074 | Page: 1 ...89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108

Forum » Thread

Lighting a fire
Mary, I'm with you. Plus, I'm guessing you and I will find it much easier to get a fire started with our luxury item, than what all those gadget whoosies wll! ;>) Rod

In GEAR » 1 Heavy essential item you can' leave at home?
August 24, 4:22am

Where from?
As a fellow aussie megamid user, I'm just wondering where you're buying from? Local or OS? I'm thinking about changing to the Light, but they don't ever seem to come on sale. Rod

In GEAR » Black Diamond Megamid/Megalight and bug advice
August 24, 2:04am

Durability
This thread came up on the UK Outdoormagic about three days after I bought my Ion, which is also Pertex Quantum. http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/qna/qna.asp?SP=332471698719328444310&v=1&P=2&search=...

In GEAR » Marmot Ion Wind Jacket
August 24, 1:58am

Re: FS: Titanium pots and cups
Dale, I'd love to take the Evernew 400 off your hands. USPS to Australia is $9.50 up to 8oz, and $11.50 9-15oz. I'm happy to Paypal or money order. (Also sent this to your email) Rod

In Gear Swap » FS: Titanium pots and cups
July 30, 8:41pm

Thanks
Thanks Andy, that probably clears it up then. It would also explain the price. Now I just have to take it out for a run. Rod

In GEAR » Marmot Ion; Really Pertex?
July 29, 4:06am

Bought the Marmot Ion
Just a post to say thanks for everyone's help on this one, esp Kevin and Colin. Got a Marmot Ion in the post today. I held out for the sale pricing and picked it up for 25 British Pound (plus p...

In GEAR » Hooded windshells
July 27, 6:48am

Thanks
Thanks guys. Once again the forum has come up with the goods. Based on your responses, and Colin Kelley's info here Hooded Windshells I'm guessing I'm pretty safe to assume it's the real th...

July 27, 6:37am

Marmot Ion; Really Pertex?
Just bought a Marmot Ion, in Real Red. Happy with the weight, but I can't find anything on it that says Pertex, and Real Red isn't a listed colour on the Marmot website. It has Marmot tags et...

July 26, 8:52pm

Re: Re: Thanks: Making a Tilley Hat Waterproof
Dale, I like your thinking. Here's a couple of ideas to add. White is likely too bright/reflective for your hiking buddies; think about beige/offwhite (may also need less processing in the re...

In GEAR » Making a Tilley Hat Waterproof
June 26, 1:53am

Off centre centre pole
Brian, I've used my BD mid with three guys sleeping in there. We just set it up about 40% of the way across the floor space, and set it up on a lean. Worked great, never looked like coming down. ...

In GEAR » Hex 3: for 3 or not?
June 22, 9:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Rod Lawlor

Rod Lawlor has posted no reviews.