BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1031 - 1040 of 1110 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative...
I switched to WASA crisp breads a few years ago and they are great! Lots of different flavours available (I like the Multi-grain) and they hold up really well in a pack (I bundle them in small sta...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
March 23, 12:53am

IBS ruined my spring break

In Philosophy & Technique » IBS ruined my spring break :(
March 19, 1:58pm

When have you gone too light?
The line that you cross when you go from sacrificing comfort to compromising personal safety is the cut-off point in my mind. I am a light weight backpacker that borders on UL. With me it’...

In Philosophy & Technique » When have you gone too light?
March 15, 12:28pm

Hiking In Cold Rain
What Roger describes is what I've experienced... When it's pouring rain and the air is really damp I always jump out of my bag and immediately stuff it into my dry sack before the bag co...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking In Cold Rain
March 14, 4:34pm

Why buy the Caldera Cone?

In GEAR » Why buy the Caldera Cone?
March 14, 2:03pm

Hiking In Cold Rain
I live in the same area as Brian and the potential for being really wet in our part of the country is assumed on any multi-day trip. As Brian mentioned, there is a big difference between enduring ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking In Cold Rain
March 13, 8:11pm

Virga...
There are a few variations of the Virga around so if you decide on a Virga make sure you check it out carefully. The one I have does not have handwarmer pockets (just one chest pocket) and wei...

In GEAR » Precip or Virga?
March 10, 4:27pm

Sleeping Pad Options...
I carry a Zotefoams Blue Foam Bum Pad (2.5 oz) that can be used in a frameless pack and goes under my legs when sleeping on my torso length pad. If you use this for pack structure you can still b...

In GEAR » best sleeping pad for:
March 09, 11:35am

Three Season Bag...
David - A couple of years ago I decided to go the two bag route... my heavier down bag was too warm for mid season trips even when opened and used as a quilt. I figured I'd buy a lighter ba...

In GEAR » What constitutes an ideal three season bag?
March 07, 10:51pm

UL Crowd...
If you walk into a gear store and announce to the staff that you are an Ultra Light Backpacker or even worse, walk in with a scale, then you deserve what you get. Did you really expect them to gat...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why people gotta hate on the UL crowd?
March 06, 1:12am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm