BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1031 - 1040 of 1732 | Page: 1 ...95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ...174

Forum » Thread

wetness
Ive worn damp (damp, not sopping wet) clothing under a down quilt before, and dried up nicely with no effect on the quilt, in humid climate. But I made a point to keep the quilt pretty loose. To...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Drying wet gear ... inside a down sleeping bag...
November 21, 3:04pm

packs
This is an old thread. But I just thought Id throw in: This time last yr my son was 14" torso at 12.5 yo Now, 1 yr later he is 18.5" torso with size 13 feet, and still growing fast, ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Youth Scout Packs?
November 21, 12:06pm

surcharge
Maybe I should have said it doesnt make sense to mail cannisters or alcohol. You can, but the surcharge generally makes it ridiculously expensive for small amounts, and it of course has to go by gr...

In GEAR » Esbit vs. Alcohol?
November 21, 11:20am

esbit
Esbit is hard to light, puts gunk on your pot,leaves a messy gunk covered esbit support tray, and is a pain to save the little left over bits (very messy). They also smell, even thru small ziplock...

In GEAR » Esbit vs. Alcohol?
November 21, 10:15am

Bearpaw
John at Bearpaw Wilderness Designs has some pics in his gallery of modified packs, so he obviously will do that kind of thing too.

In GEAR » Company that will modify packs...
November 21, 8:01am

clothing
When you first said what you were wearing I thought "way too much" 40F and rain , while hiking I would be wearing synthetic short sleeve shirt and breathable rain jacket. I would ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Learnt an very important Lesson on Hydration and Salts
November 20, 9:03pm

nope
Packs at Philmont scout ranch go on the scale before leaving. The average is 45-55 lbs With only 3 days food at a time. Philmont does require some extra stuff, but most newbs would bring more o...

In Gear Lists » Exaggerated pack weights????
November 19, 6:06pm

straps
Yep. If you use the straps properly, you dont have to grip the pole when putting wt on it. This makes it much easier on you over the course of a day. Both uphill and downhill. Removing strap...

In GEAR » Removing Wrist Straps From Poles
November 17, 10:41am

gear
Pretty short trip, but you have to start somewhere, so congrats for taking that step. You can get by with almost anything for one night, and two 5-6 mile days. If you have a local hiking club...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Packing list for scouts?
November 17, 10:33am

UL
Sounds like you should try a different brand of shoes, or keep buying them from REI. I dont have any complaints about Innov8 yet. Except Id like them to dry faster. Gear is a consumable, just li...

In GEAR » UL issues
November 15, 6:34am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm