BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1031 - 1040 of 1521 | Page: 1 ...95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ...153

Forum » Thread

runners
I dont know if they can CAUSE knee problems. However, the faster pace, and longer mileage days possible with light wt runners and a light pack may very well cause issues that previously went un...

In GEAR » Trailrunners cause knee problems?
July 02, 8:11pm

philmont
Most are not really out for 12 days at philmont. You do a couple of nights on trail, and spend the rest at staffed camps and activities locations. Usually no more than one night on trail at a tim...

In Philmont » Sleeping Bags - 2012 / Crew 1st aid kit
June 29, 3:57pm

distress
Satellite based distress signals are a luxury we have today. Unfortunately they replace common sense and discretion too often. It is important to remember that NOBODY has any obligation to come...

In GEAR » Another Data Point for Those Considering SPOT (vs PLB)
June 28, 6:06am

half the country is having multi day highs above 100f, unprecedented. It was 105 again today where I am, at 5000'. No, I wouldnt say NOAA was lying to you, its freaking hot.

In Philmont » Sleeping Bags - 2012 / Crew 1st aid kit
June 26, 7:33pm

trail shoes
Runners are superior to boots everywhere, not just at Philmont. Seriously. If you dont believe, hike a few hundred miles of rocks, roots, water in each to make up your mind. I have hiked so...

In Philmont » A couple questions on Phlmont (tents, gaiters, boots).
June 22, 6:03pm

Re: Re: My first hiking shoes!
"My Terroc 330's look like they're done after only about 200 miles. The tread in the forefoot is almost worn down. There are holes in the uppers near my pinkies. The liner behind my he...

In GEAR » My first hiking shoes!
June 21, 5:37pm

nylon
the black fabric is 1.9 nylon, it is probably PU coated, not sil It is still fairly fragile stuff when abrasion or pointy things is concerned. I wrap my cookpot in a bandana to make sure t...

In GEAR » Ohm / Ohm 2.0 - Long Term Durability?
June 20, 6:53pm

weight
The issue I see is that the listed weight is an important criteria which people use to make their purchase decision, relative to their other purchase options, and they expect only normal possible ...

In GEAR » Cuben Haven arrived
June 20, 6:45pm

ohm
mine is durable enough. I have the older 1.0 with smaller belt. The stretchy material for the rear pocket is not real durable, snags easy, gets holes Dont drag it thru briars or across rocks ...

In GEAR » Ohm / Ohm 2.0 - Long Term Durability?
June 20, 5:08pm

pot
sp600 is my 1P pot

In GEAR » smallest pot you would consider for one person?
June 20, 4:58pm

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm