BPL Community Profile

M B (livingontheroad) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale M B hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me M B has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by M B

Showing 1031 - 1040 of 1700 | Page: 1 ...95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ...170

Forum » Thread

fbc
"I sure would have liked to have my scouts be given the opportunity to do LNT at Philmont, but it is their ranch and their rules." Yes, their rules, but as a BSA members I would sure l...

In Philmont » freezer bag cooking
October 18, 7:22pm

cooking
Found it interesting that a crew was there this past summer, water was in short supply in places. But yet, they wanted them to use that precious water to wash pots, instead of allowing turkey bags....

In Philmont » freezer bag cooking
October 18, 4:57pm

knife
A knife is more a tool of convenience, than a tool of necessity. I cant think of anything I might need a knife for, that I couldnt do without it. Amputations excepted. I havent even used a razor...

In GEAR » 1.5" Knife: 35 grams, $0.95
October 18, 4:36pm

glasses
I have been very satisfied with 39ollarglasses.com. Both in service, warranty, turnaround,etc. All top notch. When I started wearing glasses again, instead of my contacts, I complained to the ...

In GEAR » Playing w/ Zenni Optical - Ideal, cheap glasses for the trail?
October 18, 6:22am

coyotes
Do you have the app that makes cat "Meow" sounds? If so, whatever you do, dont play it!

In GEAR » Surrounded by coyotes need help
October 14, 11:35pm

meanings
a fanny pack has another meaning here too.

In GEAR » Do you use a fanny or lumbar pack?
October 14, 11:22pm

touching
Pitch on flat ground Sleep in one spot and dont move around. Its not that hard with a reasonable shelter.

In GEAR » How do you keep your Down Quilt / Bag from touching the side of your Tent???
October 14, 6:25pm

obsession
Yep. Dial in your system, then forget it. When your base is between 6-8 lbs, depending on season, you arent getting much lighter, so quit worrying about it and go hike. Carry a few luxuries ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is every ultralighter obsessive?
October 14, 12:00pm

shirt
I wear the lightest nike running shirt i could find most of time. It weighs 3.5oz. Has antimicrobial treatment so it doesnt stink much even after a week.

In GEAR » Light, cool t-shirts
October 14, 11:10am

feet
I wear trail runners, no goretex of course, and THIN socks. I dont mind wet feet at all. Really no different from dry. In hot weather I look forward to walking in cold water. Keeps socks clean too...

In GEAR » Nervous about no longer using GTX shoes (Patagonia Trip)
October 14, 10:35am

All Reader Reviews by M B

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
very light, very warm, very comfortable. great design. A bit pricey, but worth it for the use I get out of it.

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
March 19, 9:27pm

Western Mountaineering Megalite
Roomy, warm, true to rating , or better if shift down to top to maximize loft when sleeping on good R value pad. I sleep cold with a pretty low bodyfat percentage. After shifting most down to to...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
December 09, 2:50pm