BPL Community Profile

Dondo . (Dondo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado Rockies
About Me Dondo . has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://dondo1.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dondo .

Showing 1031 - 1040 of 1050 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Forum » Thread

Re: UltraLight Outfitters Stove Stuff
Sorry about that, Bill. I got a bit of spray myself when I opened the can. Luckily, I was working outside. Just hate to waste perfectly good beer. After experimenting this afternoon with alcohol a...

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 21, 6:08pm

Fosters Beer Can Lid
To make a lid for your Fosters can, just open the can with your Good Cook Safe Cut opener without popping the pop top. Save the top of the can and carefully give the pop top a quarter turn. With ...

August 21, 3:31pm

Re: Ultralight Outfitters Beer can stove and alchohol
Daniel, I tried it with Sgt. Rock's Ion Stove and it works well. The fuel efficiency of the Ion stove and the Esbit tabs are similar,about.5 oz. per boil. There would be a weight penalty for the s...

August 21, 9:43am

Re: Is Ultralight Backpacking Less Safe?
For me, going lighter is all about conservation of energy. The times I've felt less safe were when I was carrying a too heavy pack, getting tired, and feeling my mental accuity slipping. The probl...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is Ultralight Backpacking Less Safe?
August 16, 7:35pm

Re: tyvek envelopes
I may be wrong about this, but I think I saw plans for tyvek underwear on "The Red Green Show". Seems like it also involved some duct tape.....

In Make Your Own Gear » Good use for Tyvek from Post Office Envelopes?
August 06, 6:41pm

Re: Rain Pants vs/ Windpants
At a presentation at the REI Denver Flagship store earlier this month, Golite's Coup said something like: "If you need to carry rain pants in Colorado, you're paranoid". O.K., so call me paranoid....

In Philosophy & Technique » Rain Pants vs/ Windpants
July 29, 9:24am

Re: How do you UL ?
Stephen Mitchell's translation of the Tao Te Ching. (pocket edition,2.4 oz.) Something about being out in the natural world helps me "get" it.

In Gear Lists » How do you UL ?
July 28, 8:40pm

Re: eureka spitfire?
Take a look at this review: http://www.thebackpacker.com/gear/tents/johnson_outdoors_eureka_spitfire.php

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Looking for light solo tent: your help needed
July 08, 7:39pm

Re: Review of Montbell UL Super Stretch #4 Sleeping Bag
Thanks for the thorough review, Mitchell. I just got back from a three-day trip in Colorado's Lost Creek Wilderness where I used Montbell's synthetic version, the Super Stretch Burrow Bag #4 for th...

In GEAR » Review of Montbell UL Super Stretch #4 Sleeping Bag
June 24, 2:52pm

mozzie repellant
I tried one of those a number of years ago. You're right, it sounds like a great idea. Think of the possibilities. Unfortunately, the one I tried didn't work at all. I'm glad I tested it in my ba...

In GEAR » mozzie repellant.
May 25, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Dondo .

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell U.L.AlpineBurrow Bag #3 Long
Nice review, Mitchell. After our discussion here about this bag back in April, I had a serious hankering after this bag. I really had no need of another bag and managed to resist until the Memorial ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
June 29, 8:38pm

Rocky Rocky GTX Socks
Mine fit well. Size 10 slips right over a thin pair of wool socks and my size 9.5 feet. They are comfortable inside my trail runners and do what they claim to do--keep my feet warm and dry in wet, col...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
February 27, 8:01pm

Pacer Poles
Here's something I just posted at the Editor's Roundtable forum. It occured to me that it belongs here as well. Heather, here's something I posted on the TLB general discussion forum a...

In Trekking Poles
December 12, 8:28pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
This is the book I recommend to friends and folks I meet on the trail who are interested in going lighter. It's fun, unpretentious, and lays out the basic ideas in ways that are easy to understand. Do...

In Books and Media
November 23, 8:15am

Eastern Mountain Sports
Craig, good news. The last EMS store in Colorado closed a few months ago so no more tax for you. It was two miles away from my home in Denver and I miss it but I'll admit that I took full advantage o...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
November 21, 9:20pm