BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1369 | Page: 1 ...94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ...137

Forum » Thread

!
sometimes i think our entire economy is making stuff that we dont "need" for consumption ... Sometimes?! Consumption is the basis of our entire economic system!

In Chaff » Products R Us: Are We 'Brandwashed'?
December 15, 1:01pm

Oh, him
Tom Crackpott. Plays fast and loose with his research to up the alarmist feel of his articles. As a science journalist he's the equivalent of a tabloid hack.

In Chaff » Is Your Fleece Killing the Ocean?
December 15, 12:57pm

calf size
Err by walkers calves do you mean kankles? I'm thinking he meant calf muscles of unusual size. Sure, they look impressive, but they make buying gaiters a pain in the a**. I have to slide t...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 5:36pm

hmm
I was not expecting this review to be contentious. The proof will be when the first production run of Hoks gets delivered and the people who're actually using them can give their assessments.

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 14, 5:30pm

ha!
We have modest backcountry in Ohio and nearby western Pennsylvania. But the terrain is not necessarily modest. Local Metroparks have steep ravines and dense woods whose narrow trails were built for...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 14, 11:31am

high boots
IMO, a goretex lining is pointless in footwear that isn't 8" high or more. In a lower shoe, water coming over the top is inevitable and that expensive membrane is quickly rendered useless...

In GEAR » gortex in shoes
December 14, 10:04am

15 posts is nothing
That's one day of active posting.

In Chaff » Where to sell my UL stuff?
December 13, 2:10pm

car camping
As a kid, when car camping in the rain, my mom put us in raincoats and galoshes and shooed us outside. We weren't going to melt. Just make sure towels and dry clothes are available. Hot drin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » tent bound with kids
December 13, 1:43pm

Re: Alter Ego backpacking gear update
"Christ people on this site are brutal sometimes." For a forum that prides itself on civil behavior, I agree. But it's all cool, because at least the forum software makes sure we ...

In GEAR » Alter Ego backpacking gear update
December 13, 1:30pm

Re: What is your winter weight?
About ten pounds more than my summer weight. Oh! You meant my pack, not me. ;)

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter weight?
December 12, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.