BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1378 | Page: 1 ...94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ...138

Forum » Thread

critical readings
While I've seen some science blogging supporting some of these and examining some of the studies cited, I notice there's only one or two studies listed per myth. Hardly enough to draw conc...

In Philosophy & Technique » THE 10 BIGGEST FITNESS MYTHS - Outside
December 18, 5:59pm

Re: Exactly...
Man, give up on repeating yourself and just admit this is grudgewank already.

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 18, 3:08pm

Amazing
Stunningly beautiful, what a marvelous piece of work!

In Chaff » I finished my Alpaca blanket :)
December 17, 6:53pm

balance
Ryan, thanks for the broader perspective. I like the concepts rando seems to be pushing forward. It just doesn't fit my budget or the kind of trips I'm doing for the foreseeable future. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 16, 11:33am

yes
I think there are lots of folks who would be happy to join/re-join but are wondering about where things are heading, and are getting no information or vision.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 10:35am

Well, two things
1. You are gonna get all manner of word-I-can't-say-here for this. 2. Good luck getting any sort of official acknowledgement, much less response.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Open Letter: Don't make the Gear Swap for members only
December 16, 8:04am

multi-day =/= long distance
Traveling into backcountry, setting up basecamp, and staying put for several days is one way in which "multi-day trip" is not synonymous with "long distance trip."

December 15, 4:42pm

come again
For roughly double what I'd pay for a new Hok setup, I could get a used rando setup that's some unspecified amount lighter. In addition, I'd be committing to boots that are impossible ...

December 15, 4:37pm

Haha
OK, I may be biased ... The reporter guy's a bit of an idiot. I would say irresponsible journalist and hack writer, but "idiot" is more succinct. ;)

In Chaff » Is Your Fleece Killing the Ocean?
December 15, 2:17pm

!
sometimes i think our entire economy is making stuff that we dont "need" for consumption ... Sometimes?! Consumption is the basis of our entire economic system!

In Chaff » Products R Us: Are We 'Brandwashed'?
December 15, 1:01pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.