BPL Community Profile

spelt with a t (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt with a t

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1359 | Page: 1 ...94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ...136

Forum » Thread

details
Try an all-forum search, b/c I know there was at least one thread this summer that went deeply into this topic.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Concentrated Aquamira
December 12, 11:58am

comfort is king/queen
Wool is just more comfortable. It doesn't get chilly when sweaty, generally stays up better, is more cushiony, and doesn't smell nearly as bad. I've tried multiple brands and settled ...

In GEAR » Socks: wool vs synthetic
December 12, 8:51am

cedar
Stuff with cedar shavings and use as sachets. Cheap, and your clothes will never smell musty again.

In GEAR » What to do with old wool socks?
December 12, 8:45am

Goodwill
Scored two pair of stretchy fleece pants/tights for $5 a piece last week.

In Winter Hiking » Winter/All Around hiking/backpacking pants?
December 10, 9:23am

mine came today
Looks great, slightly narrower than I expected but still has adequate coverage. I intend this to be a topquilt down to 20F or so, and a supplemental bottom quilt below that. Trying it out tonight!

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
December 09, 7:43pm

compensation
I can't imagine a conservation group paying ranchers for wolf predation. Not going to happen. Well, a hunting group might, since they are more about conservation. Never happen with an environme...

In Chaff » Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
December 08, 10:37am

faces of conservation
Again before you wolf lovers out there flame me I like wolves to. I just think wolves need some better informed friends. Ecologists and wildlife biologists know that charismatic megafauna are th...

December 08, 10:32am

Wolf kill confirmed in Alaska
From my hometown paper: Report confirms wolves killed Alaska teacher ANCHORAGE, Alaska – At least two wolves chased down and killed a teacher who was jogging on a road last year outside a r...

December 07, 8:56am

yaktrax
I have found Yaktrax entirely adequate for around-town walking on winter snow and ice. They are somewhat difficult to put on, though.

In GEAR » Question about walking on ice/icy surface etc
December 07, 8:34am

hothands
He puts a Hothands in there and he swears that it keeps him warmer. I tuck one inside my neck gaiter over the carotid. Works very well.

In Winter Hiking » How many of you bought "Long" sized bags for winter camping?
December 06, 12:25pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt with a t

spelt with a t has posted no reviews.