BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1247 | Page: 1 ...94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ...125

Forum » Thread

nice
I really like the daisy chains. I wish my pack had those instead of the wierd back pockets it has. They offer much more flexibility in packing.

In Make Your Own Gear » first time myog backpack
August 24, 3:38pm

talented pooch
Now there is a multi-use item.

In Philosophy & Technique » Knot tying cheat sheet?
August 24, 7:11am

asym or not
You can still get diagonal in a symmetrical hammock; the asym cut (as I understand it) just helps with that by setting the direction of the diagonal. If you flip over the other direction in an asy...

In Hammocks » Super Hammock Newb - help!
August 23, 10:27pm

nice!
Beautiful countryside and nice write up. Thanks for posting.

In Post-Trip Reports » Three nights in the Sierra de Secús, Spanish Pyrenees, Huesca, August 2011
August 23, 5:05pm

Temp and UQs
Keep in mind that for a lot of the GA summer it's going to be warm enough that you won't need an UQ. Nighttime temps above 70 and most people don't need bottom insulation. Depending o...

In Hammocks » Super Hammock Newb - help!
August 23, 1:14pm

hammock suspension
I don't use them but there are whoopies made of dynaglide.

In Gear Swap » Dyna-Glide Dyneema 1000 pound test for bear bags, hammocks, guylines....
August 22, 7:26pm

simple suggestions
YES, get some new sleeping insulation. A mummy bag will save weight just by design, a quilt more so. If you're on a budget, stick to synthetic or troll the gear swap forum looking for used do...

In Gear Lists » advise me ultralighters!
August 22, 7:05am

PM sent for hudson
hopefully.

In Gear Swap » FS Jacks R Better Quilts and Bivy
August 21, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Foam
awesome, Ryan, thanks for the info.

In GEAR » Ul pillows that don't feel like a ballon
August 21, 4:33pm

Re: Foam
I literally had this same idea while in bed last night. Do fabric stores sell open cell foam by the yard or will I have to cut up an eggcrate mattress pad?

In GEAR » Ul pillows that don't feel like a ballon
August 21, 2:12pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.