BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SW/C PA
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1322 | Page: 1 ...94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ...133

Forum » Thread

NASA, Japan release improved world topo map
For the map nerds.

In Chaff » NASA, Japan release improved world topo map
October 21, 4:53pm

Surly just now?
Am I imagining that Surly was canning years ago? I swear they were.

In Chaff » "Beer in a Can"
October 21, 4:52pm

cuts
Tim, how big a difference do the cuts make in fit? I'm stuck on which to get. For reference, I'm 5'4'', 175, active sleeper and use a hammock.

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment is back with INSANE pricing
October 19, 9:53pm

Re: goggles/glasses
I have contacts, but the thought of fiddling with them and sticking icy cold fingers into my eyes doesn't appeal. For day trips, contacts are definitely the way to go.

In Winter Hiking » Goggles and glasses
October 19, 7:07pm

Re: Re: Goggles and glasses
Eugene, do you stick to sunglasses then?

October 19, 9:14am

thanks for posting :)
Your description sounds like accounts I've read on mountain lions (though I haven't been privileged to hear anything so wild in person). Nice report!

In Post-Trip Reports » Alone on the Sespe, 10/14-15/2011
October 19, 8:10am

Goggles and glasses
Can they be made to work together?

October 19, 6:57am

Re: a haven of non-crapiness
>>(I remember when most web sites/pages were personal and/or academic, and many had terrrible design... but I still feel that was way less annoying than how things are now.) Yeah...the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
October 19, 6:50am

Re: Re: Re: Bamboo poles
>> They wear down pretty quickly. So if you do find some, need some sort of a cup on the bottom. We used to use them for staffs back in the day. The one I use now has a 12 ga. shell on the...

In GEAR » More durable hiking poles?
October 18, 7:35am

Re: Bamboo poles
Where do you find bamboo locally? I have been unable to source it except via internet.

In GEAR » More durable hiking poles?
October 17, 5:54pm

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.