BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

How much fuel...
One small canister of propane is tons of gas for a weekend trip. The smallest canister of Primus Power Gas (4 season mix) weighs 6.5 oz. when full. The canister contains 3.5 ounces of gas (100 g...

In GEAR » How Much fuel do you use?
April 19, 10:25pm

Signal Flares...
>> What's the calculus with the flares re: starting a wildfire? ... Is there a way to mitigate? >> Don't use them when the ground cover is dry would be the obvious answer......

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 05, 8:10pm

Lifesaver...
I carry a pen-style flare launcher. Pretty light and it can be seen for quite a distance day or night. Weighs 1.4 oz for the pen size launcher and .3 oz per flare cartridge. It will also sh...

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 05, 3:30pm

Day-pack Suggestions...
I use a Granite Gear Wisp for day trips and short overnight trips. It's a 2000 ci, hydration compatable pack that has a stretchy, fine mesh helmet pouch on the outside (I use the pouch for rai...

In GEAR » Day-pack Suggestions
April 03, 2:36pm

Stainless water bottle...
I'm more than happy to turn this back into a gear related thread! My new stainless bottle is made by Chinook Technical Outdoor http://www.chinooktec.com This was a gift, I don't know...

In GEAR » Warning for any aluminum can pot users
April 03, 1:51am

Aluminum cans...
I like to have a choice in the products I choose to buy and as long as the risks are on the label then I can at least make an informed decision (ie. any smokers out there?). Aluminum contamina...

In GEAR » Warning for any aluminum can pot users
April 02, 1:55pm

Trails.com...
Mark - I agree that the Canadian coverage is poor. If I hiked in an area that actually had decent coverage I would probably sign up on Trails.com because every little bit of info helps. If y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trails.com experience?
March 30, 8:06pm

waterproof stuff sack...
I've used an OR Hydroseal bag to store my down sleeping bag for a few years and really like it. It's a bit heavy, so when the OR Helium sacks came out I thought I'd save some weight an...

In GEAR » Help selecting a waterproof stuff sack for storing my down sleeping bag
March 29, 4:39pm

Ultralight Climbing...
I remember watching this guy do amazing things... and he died doing what he loved... no great surprise. http://www.videospider.tv/Videos/Detail/663022796.aspx

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Climbing
March 26, 7:51pm

High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative...
I switched to WASA crisp breads a few years ago and they are great! Lots of different flavours available (I like the Multi-grain) and they hold up really well in a pack (I bundle them in small sta...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
March 23, 12:53am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm