BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1021 - 1030 of 1103 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111

Forum » Thread

Trails.com...
Mark - I agree that the Canadian coverage is poor. If I hiked in an area that actually had decent coverage I would probably sign up on Trails.com because every little bit of info helps. If y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trails.com experience?
March 30, 8:06pm

waterproof stuff sack...
I've used an OR Hydroseal bag to store my down sleeping bag for a few years and really like it. It's a bit heavy, so when the OR Helium sacks came out I thought I'd save some weight an...

In GEAR » Help selecting a waterproof stuff sack for storing my down sleeping bag
March 29, 4:39pm

Ultralight Climbing...
I remember watching this guy do amazing things... and he died doing what he loved... no great surprise. http://www.videospider.tv/Videos/Detail/663022796.aspx

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Climbing
March 26, 7:51pm

High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative...
I switched to WASA crisp breads a few years ago and they are great! Lots of different flavours available (I like the Multi-grain) and they hold up really well in a pack (I bundle them in small sta...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » High Calorie crackers or other tortilla alternative?
March 23, 12:53am

IBS ruined my spring break

In Philosophy & Technique » IBS ruined my spring break :(
March 19, 1:58pm

When have you gone too light?
The line that you cross when you go from sacrificing comfort to compromising personal safety is the cut-off point in my mind. I am a light weight backpacker that borders on UL. With me it’...

In Philosophy & Technique » When have you gone too light?
March 15, 12:28pm

Hiking In Cold Rain
What Roger describes is what I've experienced... When it's pouring rain and the air is really damp I always jump out of my bag and immediately stuff it into my dry sack before the bag co...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking In Cold Rain
March 14, 4:34pm

Why buy the Caldera Cone?

In GEAR » Why buy the Caldera Cone?
March 14, 2:03pm

Hiking In Cold Rain
I live in the same area as Brian and the potential for being really wet in our part of the country is assumed on any multi-day trip. As Brian mentioned, there is a big difference between enduring ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hiking In Cold Rain
March 13, 8:11pm

Virga...
There are a few variations of the Virga around so if you decide on a Virga make sure you check it out carefully. The one I have does not have handwarmer pockets (just one chest pocket) and wei...

In GEAR » Precip or Virga?
March 10, 4:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm