BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106

Forum » Thread

How do You Train?
>> One legged squats (never to failure) You will only have to fail once and the fun will be over. Take it from somebody that's been there (twice), don't stress the knees needles...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
January 30, 1:41am

Packing your backpack...
I've found that a dry sack really help me reduce the volume of the compressible gear in my pack. The sack is not only water tight but it is temporarily air tight as well which allows me to squ...

In GEAR » Packing your backpack...
January 30, 1:33am

Synthetic or Down?
I recently bought the Thermawrap Jacket and have been doing some tests with it locally before heading out on any overnight trips (I don't like surprises). I hiked for over an hour with the jac...

In GEAR » Synthetic or Down?
January 27, 9:15pm

Map coordinates to GPS
There's a tool called Geocalc (freebee... google for it) that can do coordinate transformations for you. You still have to convert your coords from UTM to Geographics and Geocalc will do that....

In Philosophy & Technique » Map coordinates to GPS
January 24, 2:12pm

Map coordinates to GPS
Your GPS is set to display UTM coords (a map projection). You can just go into setup in your GPS and changes the coordinate reference to Geographic and the coordinates will match google earth. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Map coordinates to GPS
January 24, 12:48pm

How do You Train?
I find weight training really helps prepare my legs for backpacking (especially for the steep stuff). It's really important to include stretching into your weight training workout if you want ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How do You Train?
January 23, 9:29am

wound rrigation...
>> Does anyone else have ideas on improvised wound irrigators? Since reading Patrick's note I've been giving this some thought as well and I think I might get rid of my slightly ca...

In GEAR » What you shoud know about wounds.
January 21, 10:03pm

Sleeping Bag or Quilt...
I totally disagree with the comment that mummy bags have wasted down on the back. This would only be true if you never changed position and I think that is very unlikely. Mummy bags are warm beca...

In GEAR » When a Bag is Better than a Quilt
January 21, 1:12am

What you should know about wounds...
Patrick - Thanks for taking the time to post your very informative response. Very much appreciated.

In GEAR » Any med people that carry lightweight med kits?
January 21, 12:21am

Nasties...
>> There are very few nasties in the wild in fact. Roger - the nasties aren't in the wild they are on your skin! It's one of the reasons you want to flush the area around the cut ...

In GEAR » Any med people that carry lightweight med kits?
January 19, 2:22am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm