BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1655 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...166

Forum » Thread

Zipper Repair
I've pinched the zipper on my old Epperson pack too, unfortunately, I had pulled a tooth out on it trying to get the pack opened up, so that zipper is shot now, the rest of the length of the zi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some Things I Learned on My Trip to Yosemite
August 12, 8:48am

Some Things I Learned on My Trip to Yosemite
I had to do a field repair on the zipper to my old, small fanny pack last week on my vacation to Mono Creek drainage. I used it to store my new camera along with the usual wallet and car keys. I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some Things I Learned on My Trip to Yosemite
August 11, 11:15pm

Re: Re: Re: JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear!! on
Susan saw me off, we had a good chat over just one brewski, I was driving to my trailhead, so we drank water after just one. Very down to earth, confident lady, even after the mess up with her pac...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear!!
August 09, 8:04pm

I'll check for you
Susan, I made it to the Mammoth Library, I'll pop in at the Inn here in a bit. Duane

August 02, 2:51pm

Desolation Wilderness tips
Bugs should be lignt by then. Food protection, they would like you to use a canister, free use of one while visiting, I would use my original Ursack TKO if going. Duane

In Pre-Trip Planning » Desolation Wilderness tips
August 02, 8:53am

Re: JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear
Susan, I went to bed early last night, so any PM's will not able to view until after my vacation. Sorry. I hope all works out, things happen. Sounds like you have a plan anyway. Enjoy your t...

August 02, 6:48am

JMT: Help! United/Alaska Air lost my pack & gear!!
I'm headed to Mammoth Thursday after working half a day, getting a wilderness permit, then heading to Mosquito Flat for the night, south of town, above Toms Place. Not sure I can help any. I s...

August 01, 8:31pm

Alcohol stove boil times
I used my CC for the first field trip, last August. I tried it at home first, elevation around 3800'. Boil time for 1.5 cups of water were the same at 9,000'+, I believe a little over 7 m...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Alcohol stove boil times
August 01, 8:22pm

Donner Pass day hike / camping
You might be able to sleep close to the FS office, a little east of Rainbow Lodge on old Hwy 40, in the area where bpers park to head up to Loch Leven Lakes. Can't remember the name of the FS ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Donner Pass day hike / camping
August 01, 8:16pm

Micro Rocket now
The PR is still out there, MSR came out with the Micro Rocket which I have yet to buy to replace my sold PR. I have only used my used GP once, it worked quickly for soup last winter on a short, sno...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pocket Rocket or SnowPeak GigaPower?
July 31, 11:17am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.