BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1663 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...167

Forum » Thread

Bubble attacks!
:) Kinda funny when we talk about line size, can fish see it, etc. For years now since I found out about using a clear bubble to get a fly out "there", I have to laugh at times when my ...

In Fishing » Bubble attacks!
August 21, 9:03pm

Re: Backpacking in winter and being bored?
I'm mostly solo year 'round. Bring a book, stomp around camp, get to know your immediate area. Duane

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in winter and being bored?
August 20, 2:00pm

White pump
Bump. Coming to the end of many folks bp season, time to regroup and get rid of un-used gear. Still looking for that elusive and very rare white pump. I also have been collecting a number of ot...

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
August 16, 6:52am

Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?"
With that many encounters, I'd contact the FS/permit issuing authorities to give descriptions of dogs/people and time/location, maybe they can follow up with correspondence with those parties. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
August 15, 7:44pm

GG the One
I had talked with one of the members here over a week ago face to face just before my trip, said their One was not very water resistant. Sounds like an item not suited for wet conditions. Duane

In GEAR » Shelters
August 15, 7:31pm

I prefer four pound
Knot tying, that's why I have used 4 lb. line for years, the 2 lb. breaks too easily for me, trying to get that last little bit of tightness. Of course I use a fly with bubble, so no finesse w...

In Fishing » line test
August 13, 7:58pm

UL Telescopic Fishing Rod & Reel
On my vacation to the JM Wilderness here in CA in the Mono Creek drainage and lateral canyons, instead of trying to get a new reel and work my way thru reviews and should I/shouldn't I, I stuck...

In Fishing » UL Telescopic Fishing Rod & Reel
August 13, 5:29pm

nonstick fry pan?
I spent a lot of time a few years ago checking, finally found a part, the Trangia non-stick lid as a frying pan. Kinda small, but for pancakes and 2 pieces of bacon you get used to it, although I ...

In GEAR » nonstick fry pan?
August 13, 6:30am

Zipper Repair
I've pinched the zipper on my old Epperson pack too, unfortunately, I had pulled a tooth out on it trying to get the pack opened up, so that zipper is shot now, the rest of the length of the zi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some Things I Learned on My Trip to Yosemite
August 12, 8:48am

Some Things I Learned on My Trip to Yosemite
I had to do a field repair on the zipper to my old, small fanny pack last week on my vacation to Mono Creek drainage. I used it to store my new camera along with the usual wallet and car keys. I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Some Things I Learned on My Trip to Yosemite
August 11, 11:15pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.