Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1704 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...171

Forum » Thread

Melting snow setup
Nick, very clean WL, great yeller pump. !!! Woohoo! Duane

In Winter Hiking » Melting Snow Setup
September 19, 5:50pm

Wolf expanding to N CA
In the local news there has mention of a lone wolf coming down south of the Lassen Peak area, close to where I live. Duane

In On the Web » Wolves expanding in WA and Oregon
September 18, 5:26pm

Boys and their toys
I need to get higher handle bars so I don't have to look up so much with my bad neck, then maybe I would get back to riding for exercise after work. I've hardly ridden the last 5 years but...

In Chaff » Boys and their toys....
September 13, 7:57pm

answer
Getting too technical now. I go bping for the outdoors and hopefully great fishing. A little info is good, experience counts more. Duane

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves at high altitude
September 12, 7:44pm

Melting Snow Setup
I've used my MSR Int'l for years, but with a much smaller pot. From posts here, the larger pot is supposed to be more efficient. On a snow trip last winter with mostly folks I had not ca...

In Winter Hiking » Melting Snow Setup
September 12, 11:48am

Alcohol stoves at high altitude
I've had same boil times at my home (4,000') as at elevation (10,000'+-) on bp trips. Duane

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves at high altitude
September 12, 6:51am

Flyover country
Summit Lake below Piute Pass is fly over country, but if push comes to shove, you can find a spot along the trail before the lake. Best to camp at the lake before or go over the pass a little and ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bishop Pass South-North Lake Loop ideas
September 11, 5:49pm

Re: JMT
Another note, for years I always wondered why folks would only hike on one trail and miss all the lakes and side trips. Maybe one day I'll find out the "trail" aka John Muir Highway ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » just finished the JMT... a few observations and thoughts
September 11, 2:01pm

just finished the JMT... a few observations and thoughts
Thank you Don. As I get older, I like to mention my pack weight to some who seem to know it all or I feel might need a encouraging word that lighter can be better, but also hyoh. Then there is th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » just finished the JMT... a few observations and thoughts
September 11, 11:11am

12-10 (Caldera Cone burner) question
I only had this happen once on my vacation a month ago. One night I had to boil over 2 cups of water, that boiled faster than a night or two later where I only had to boil 1.5 cups. No temps take...

In GEAR » 12-10 (Caldera Cone burner) question
September 10, 7:05pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.