Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1828 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...183

Forum » Thread

Eastern Sierra loop recommendations
Kearsarge Pass, Vidette Meadow, Forester Pass or the one out of Center Basin, Tyndall Creek, Colby Pass, (watch out for the Kern River) Avalanche Pass, Bubbs Creek, Charlotte Lake/Kearsarge Lakes. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Eastern Sierra loop recommendations
January 26, 11:04pm

ZPacks way of measuring your pack size length
I ordered a ZPacks pack the other night, going off of their way to measure what size pack that would fit. They have you measure from below where the hipbelt will be on you, to the top of your shou...

In GEAR » ZPacks way of measuring your pack size length
January 25, 11:19am

Snow setup
Jacob, please do post photos. I'm interested. Hmm, use in the snow, more weight savings over my BD Hilight at 3.5 lbs. Nice. Duane

In GEAR » About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
January 25, 8:57am

About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
With the big extra cost of the added beak, my thinking too was to somehow attach some polycryo or something light and a whole lot cheaper to the entrance side. Duane

January 25, 6:53am

One piece?
Rusty, I think it has to do with the ground sheet, so I guess the bug netting is "factory" installed already when the reference was made about cowboy camping and I asked about two pieces....

January 24, 5:35pm

P.S. Hexamid
Most of my bping is in the mountains, heat usually isn't a factor. Wind can be. Duane

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter guy line length?
January 24, 2:05pm

One piece?
Are these two pieces or all sewn together when you have the bug netting? I'm not worried about the cuben groundcloth, I use my polycryo. Duane

January 24, 2:01pm

About to pull trigger on a Hexamid - quick "?"s on cuben weight
I may go with the solo with bug netting, but the + is not much more weight. I'm interested too. I was giving this size some consideration, but have not opted to purchase yet. I did email an ...

January 24, 11:25am

Weight
Thank you Steven. Would you consider the Patrol more weatherproof than say the Hexamid? If I'm not saving weight or better performance from a new piece of gear, I may as well save my money fo...

In GEAR » Patrol Shelter guy line length?
January 24, 11:20am

Re: best stakes for the High Sierra
I've been using the ti shepherds hook type stakes for years in the summer, moving to SMC in the winter depending. A rock is usually mandatory also. Duane

In GEAR » best stakes for the High Sierra
January 24, 9:00am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.