Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1840 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...184

Forum » Thread

May get some wind
Eric, if you bring that to Desolation, could see some wind at Gilmore. Looks very nice, great thinking. Duane

In GEAR » SCARP 2 winter mods photos
January 31, 7:03pm

I got a response from John at Borah, made me a nice offer on a demo bivy, exactly what I wanted. It was demoed at GGG. Part of my puzzle acquired. Duane

In Make Your Own Gear » Small bug netting plans/ideas?
January 31, 6:51pm

tulle not worth it
Never heard of it, I'll have to do some research on that then. I envy Alameda Frank, he can do with a 3oz. tarp and no bug netting, the bugs don't mess with him. Here I'm trying to ge...

January 30, 9:57pm

Won't the 10D be cooler, letting wind thru, thus making you colder? Duane

In GEAR » EE Rev Fabric Advice
January 30, 8:39pm

I'm fence sitting on whether to get a regular Revelation (more weather resistant material), EE cuben quilt or hold off a year and just get a new, lighter pack and maybe a new shelter this year....

In GEAR » EE Rev Fabric Advice
January 30, 8:20pm

Small bug netting plans/ideas?
Can someone direct me to a thread with good ideas/issues/plans for a small inner tent of sorts that can be hung from a MLD Patrol? I'm thinking what I have come across so far is either too exp...

January 30, 7:47pm

Sans Bugnet
Mosquitoes are notorious in the Caribou Wilderness just to the east of Lassen Vol NP. In the High Sierra, I usually run into heavy numbers of mosquitoes, so a bug net is mandatory. On a mid-Augus...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Small Tarp
January 30, 6:00pm

Which bug bivy or net cover?
I've been doing a little research this last week or more. Looking at the ZPacks Hexamid, MLD Patrol and some bivies like the Borah. From what I can come up with is the Hexamid is lighter and ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Small Tarp
January 29, 7:55pm

Foam pad(s) for side sleeper?
Man, I can see why you don't sleep well on these, they are hard. You need a inflatable. I'm 160-165 and for my shoulders, I need an inflatable of some sort. A couple years ago before a w...

In GEAR » Foam pad(s) for side sleeper?
January 29, 11:19am

5TH Annual GGG 1/25-27, 2013 Henry Coe St Park
Really enjoyed the photos, great to see some youth coming too. How many people made it? It didn't look too crowded, maybe I can show up sometime. Can you say whose stove and woodstove "...

In Photo Gallery » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks 2013: Henry Coe State Park, California
January 28, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.