BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1582 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...159

Forum » Thread

Looking for the white pump still +++
Also interested in a MSR Simmerlite and a Windpro at a great price and shape. The white pump alone I would pay you enough to go a long ways toward a new stove. I'm up to 77 stoves, with 13 dif...

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
May 28, 8:47am

Air
I air dry, even in the 50's. Buurrrrrr! Duane

In GEAR » Towel Day
May 25, 11:08am

Fresh snow
A little fresh snow in the mountains, viewed just a few miles away from work. Duane

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the sierras already, or too early?
May 25, 9:07am

Buck's Lake Wilderness not Buck Lake
I've been into Emigrant Wilderness a few times, and I've been to many of the lakes. You may also have me confused with the post on the Emigrant Wilderness. Duane

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Into the sierras already, or too early?
May 24, 11:29am

Outside the same
I was getting some service work done on my Civic and in the lounge I flipped through 'Outside' magazine. I felt it had quite a few ads. Duane

In Chaff » Backpacker Magazine
May 23, 7:46pm

Still snow in the north
I was up to Spanish Peak in the Buck's Lake Wilderness last weekend, cowboy camped on the concrete slab that was part of the fire lookout. The last 40% of the trail in from Bucks Summit had 1&...

May 23, 7:42pm

The cat
How far can the cat hike? Meat on the hoof for some Asian type cooking. :) Duane

In GEAR » New shelter pictures--Haven and Net Tent
May 22, 11:07am

Over kill
I agree, a Hilleberg would be nice, but not needed. August is a good time for thunder storms. Can have wind. The thunder storms will hit and be gone in a few minutes. Bear canisters not require...

In GEAR » Shelter for the sierras in August
May 21, 3:37am

Explosion takes a little bit, two examples
In my younger days, I wanted to see how long it would take a empty paint aerosol can to explode in my burn barrel when incinerators were still allowed up here in the moutains. My trash was still b...

In GEAR » Alcohol cookers...please be careful out there
May 20, 7:33pm

Campfire permit?
I wonder how many folks read their Campfire permit and the need to clear flammable material five feet in all directions or listen to the speil when getting a wilderness permit where required? Even...

In GEAR » Alcohol cookers...please be careful out there
May 20, 2:30pm

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.