BPL Community Profile

USA Duane Hall (hikerduane) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
About Me I'm 60, single male. I had been in Retail Management for over 30 years. I have mostly solo bped since the early mid '70's. I XC some, not afraid to go alone, I also solo winter camp, even out in sub-zero temps. A few years ago, I went on a backcountry bp to Alaska, where I flew in by bush plane with five others into Wrangell/St. Elias NP. Since early 2010, I have been collecting vintage/antique camping and bp stoves, having acquired over 90 now. I like many outdoor activities, from bping to dirtbike riding, gardening.
CityMeadow Valley
StateCA
CountryUS Of A

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by USA Duane Hall

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1590 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...159

Forum » Thread

Help for Mt. Whitney climb
Wow Bob, you can haul ash. Due to the wind, I bundled up and I only added windpants and my Polartec top back on I believe at the top. Weather was good for my trip, rather nice at the CG, glad I h...

In GEAR » Help for Mt. Whitney climb
June 08, 11:14am

Help for Mt. Whitney climb
Bring snacks and snack regularly, I'd second the lose your appetite bit, but I still ate food, more like I wanted to get up there. Water can be gotten in places along the trail, so filtering w...

In GEAR » Help for Mt. Whitney climb
June 07, 9:38pm

Titanium, Aluminium, & Stainless Steel over Coals
In that case, watch out for the UL Police. :) Duane

In GEAR » Titanium, Aluminium, & Stainless Steel over Coals
June 06, 8:59am

Anything would burn
Seems to me, if any kind of metal pot is directly on coals, anything in the pot is going to burn or at least stick, except water. Do you mean placed over coals instead? In my early days until fir...

In GEAR » Titanium, Aluminium, & Stainless Steel over Coals
June 05, 9:18pm

quilt sleeping advice
Thanks Roger. I'm still mulling over the whole switching to a quilt thing. It was starting to look like there would be no weight loss, but I have a silk liner anyway, so problem solved. Duane

In GEAR » quilt sleeping advice...
June 03, 7:17pm

New MSR Parts Kit for Model 9A or Model DF Stoves
Jean, all but the windscreens. email me, I can get back to you tonight or after 6:00PM PST on Friday, after I get home from work for the week. So there may be a couple stoves I don't have yet...

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
May 31, 7:45pm

Same here
Ken, my original leaked from the get go. I did the same, checked for those hard to find bubbles in my bath tub. The replacement has been fine. Duane

In GEAR » Weird leaky NeoAir
May 31, 6:55am

so cool!
Thanks, I'm moving to this direction in a cheaper shelter and light too. Duane

In GEAR » My newly modified Hexamid, Wild Oasis inspired.
May 30, 1:59pm

Looking for the white pump still +++
Also interested in a MSR Simmerlite and a Windpro at a great price and shape. The white pump alone I would pay you enough to go a long ways toward a new stove. I'm up to 77 stoves, with 13 dif...

In Gear Swap » wtb vintage MSR/Optimus stoves
May 28, 8:47am

Air
I air dry, even in the 50's. Buurrrrrr! Duane

In GEAR » Towel Day
May 25, 11:08am

All Reader Reviews by USA Duane Hall

USA Duane Hall has posted no reviews.