Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1463 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...147

Forum » Thread

Make your own
Take your favorite crystal light (or other) flavors and mix in Salt Balance (or equivalent) and a magnesium/calcium complex. Hammer makes electrolyte capsules. If you look on the nutritional info...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Favorite Powdered Electrolyte Drinks?
February 18, 11:55am

POE Peak Elite AC
I have been waiting patiently for POE's new pad to come out. It has been months with no updates on when it will hit market. I sent POE an email and received no response and I'm ready to m...

In GEAR » POE Peak Elite AC
February 18, 9:12am

Two Poles
I'm usually in rough terrain but I also carry two and I would disagree with Roger on using CF. I would use a stronger vs lighter pole. I hit a void nearly a completely hidden log and snapped ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How necessary are poles with snowshoes?
February 18, 5:40am

Snowshoeing vs. Hiking
"Anyway, is there anybody here with an idea of what kind of performance 10 mpd represents on snow shoes? Six seemed pretty darn slow, even if snowshoes aren't the fastest form of locomotio...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 17, 9:16am

Fishing the JMT
There are plenty of places to fish on the JMT and two years ago I met two men that were fishing the JMT. They were spending a couple of months and when I ran into them heading up to Muir Pass they...

In Fishing » Fishing the JMT.
February 16, 5:03pm

Bottle holders
Ryan, Did those 20oz. bottle move around a lot. f not then that is a very simple idea.

In GEAR » MLD Burn Users
February 14, 1:07pm

Re: JMT Trip Plan
Robert, yes

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Comments/Suggestions on partial JMT trip plan
February 14, 1:04pm

Palasides
David, These is some great camping tucked up just to SW of lower Paliside Lake. You can see two red tents in this picture as well as dozens of other alternatives. I don't remember it being t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Comments/Suggestions on partial JMT trip plan
February 14, 6:15am

Re: "MLD Burn Users"
Eugene, Should have mentioned that I'm also switching to a POE Elite whenever they are actually sold. The Ridgerest deluxe is WAY too big for this pack but I have so much room in my jam that ...

In GEAR » MLD Burn Users
February 12, 5:47pm

Re: dehydration than from a stream crossing...
Sounds like you have a great first section. Highly reco hitting Marion Lake prior to popping over to Dumbbell. It was probably the coolest place on the SHR IMHO. Got it on the stream crossing ...

In GEAR » Where to carrying a plb and why?
February 12, 5:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.