Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1501 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...151

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Off Piste
perhaps even an after-life member!!!!

In Chaff » Off Piste
March 08, 6:25pm

Re: Re: Liner socks or no for blister prevention?
"I've seen hikers with fewer blisters from wearing thin polypro socks rather than thin wool socks. It may be due to the smoothness of the fabric, or it may be due to the moisture wicking o...

In GEAR » Liner socks or no for blister prevention?
March 08, 6:19pm

Yes but...
If I were to wear mid weight hikers I would always wear liners. But if you hike somewhere with heat then sweaty feet will not be your friend. I switched out to wrightsocks which are two layer soc...

In GEAR » Liner socks or no for blister prevention?
March 08, 5:50pm

Re: Twisting the night away.....
Doug, Thanks, I needed that!!!!!

In Gear Deals » Golite Huge Clearance - Up to 70% off, example 2008 Pinnacle $39
March 07, 7:34pm

Tarp plus one
If you already have a two person tent, throw in a tarp or a Contrail, even chance you won't have to use it. That way you have something you can either sell or use. A three person tent seems t...

In GEAR » Tent for 3 People On First Half of JMT
March 06, 1:23pm

Re: "The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?" No.
He has two wounds, his hip and his pride both will take time to heal. I for one hopes you doesn't abandon the original dream. It would be great if he healed, really trained, modified his plan...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
March 06, 5:02am

Re: America Cubed
"Somebody at the BPL Coe event said he had Cuben listed in his online dating profile under interests! " And how is that working out for him????

In GEAR » MLD - New 2011 Gear
March 05, 5:40am

Re: @Nick
"False. If everyone chips into pay for something that literally everyone takes advantage of, it is not taking from one to another." You mean like the involuntary "chip-in" th...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 05, 5:37am

Chinese Quality
If chinese goods sold by US companies are inferior to US made goods it not because they come from China but rather because the US company speced the products out to meet a price, margin and value t...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 04, 3:10pm

Motivating
Seeing someone push the envelope is incredibly cool and motivates me to get off my lazy butt and find my limits. Thanks for the post Kat. Are all the swiss mountain goats?

In Philosophy & Technique » Climbing Machine
March 03, 6:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.