BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1441 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...145

Forum » Thread

You mean this
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=41174

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the initiative (all 4 trails)
February 10, 2:45pm

Re: Sierra snow pack
In addition to the amount of snowpack there are several other factors that will impact the hikers reality of snow. The biggest appears to be the springtime temperatures. Last year it wasn't t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Black 2009 Jam
Tom, sending email

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Golite Jam, SilTwinn or equivalent tarp
February 10, 12:35pm

nido
It is sold in the hispanic food aisle

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where's the Nido?
February 10, 10:28am

Re: Look into your Crystal Ball
I have 25 years on data on the southern sierra and after careful observation I can tell you that there is zero correlation between snow levels prior to 3/1 and actual snow levels on trail later in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 8:29am

Another option
Make it easier. Skip Toulemne Meadows down to Happy Isles. Do the TRT, head south on PCT and then do Whitney and head out Whitney portel. Theres a bus that runs up the east side (google crest &a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The PCT roughly runs from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, right?
February 03, 8:07pm

Solution
Wasn't there a thread recently about marmot flambe?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King
February 03, 6:00pm

Re: The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
I'm surprised his mileage hasn't picked up at all. He's been averaging around 10 miles a day and some of that's on road. Breaking trail with snowshoes is hard work but I would exp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 02, 2:57pm

Re: Base and Mid Layers for JMT....and Sleeping Bag
I would take your lightest LS shirt+windshirt+Ex Light because I rarely wear anything other than the Light LS except possibly windshirt. No Windpants. I would add glove liners for sleeping/earl...

In GEAR » Base and Mid Layers for JMT....and Sleeping Bag
February 02, 1:58pm

Clear as mud
Joshua, Sent in my permit yesterday and I have to say it was clear as mud. I did not get the Whitney stamp since I've done Whitney and frankly I didn't find any better than Forester. But...

In GEAR » Quick question PCT Permit
February 01, 8:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.