BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1444 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...145

Forum » Thread

Unused Gear
I have no unused gear but I do I a few items that have been used once. Examples of why? 1) A 2008 Jam2 pack - Bought on gear trade replace my current pack (which is showing wear) on my PCT hike. ...

In Chaff » Never Used Gear
February 12, 5:54am

good question
Seems like it has been 5,10,7.5 mile days when they are listed. Wouldn't expect the total to be above 300miles

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Initiative...12,500 miles, one year, will he do it?
February 10, 5:07pm

Different Objectives
What's the hurry? It depends on why you are hiking. And not everyone can do a nice leisurely 5 month PCT trip so they have to have tradeoffs to make an adventure like that happen, so a quick ...

In Philosophy & Technique » morning routine
February 10, 5:05pm

You mean this
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=41174

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the initiative (all 4 trails)
February 10, 2:45pm

Re: Sierra snow pack
In addition to the amount of snowpack there are several other factors that will impact the hikers reality of snow. The biggest appears to be the springtime temperatures. Last year it wasn't t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 12:43pm

Re: Re: Black 2009 Jam
Tom, sending email

In Gear Swap » Wanted: Golite Jam, SilTwinn or equivalent tarp
February 10, 12:35pm

nido
It is sold in the hispanic food aisle

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Where's the Nido?
February 10, 10:28am

Re: Look into your Crystal Ball
I have 25 years on data on the southern sierra and after careful observation I can tell you that there is zero correlation between snow levels prior to 3/1 and actual snow levels on trail later in ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Look into your Crystal Ball
February 10, 8:29am

Another option
Make it easier. Skip Toulemne Meadows down to Happy Isles. Do the TRT, head south on PCT and then do Whitney and head out Whitney portel. Theres a bus that runs up the east side (google crest &a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The PCT roughly runs from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe, right?
February 03, 8:07pm

Solution
Wasn't there a thread recently about marmot flambe?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Mineral King
February 03, 6:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.