Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Hiking Malto (gg-man) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Hiking Malto hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Hiking Malto has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear List2011 PCT GearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hiking Malto

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1477 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...148

Forum » Thread

Interesting Comment
"Typical concentrations of Giardia cysts in the Sierra are ten times less than those found in San Francisco city water." Doesn't SF come come for Hetch Hetchy? Then where is the G...

In Philosophy & Technique » Drinking Water for Hiking: Myths and Facts
February 23, 1:56pm

Here's a 34.4 mile butt kicker
Big Run at SNP: Big run area Elevation Profile That will get you ready for R2R

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 22, 11:32am

Re: 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
Look at the area around Big Run. It is just south west of loft mountain, south of 33. You can definitely pull together a 30 milers with a bunch of elevation gain. It is also a great place to hik...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 30-35 mile loop in Shenandoah?
February 22, 11:15am

My Hike
I was ADHD as a kid and never outgrew it. My Backpacking reflect this since I like to be on the move. I typically starting hiking at first light. I love the early morning hours. I get going q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you actually hike/ spend your time hiking?
February 22, 10:09am

Great
I'm sitting on a plane at 32,000' flying out to Ca for a great weekend of UL gathering. I thought it was only warm and sunny in Ca, I only brought shorts and a T-shirt. Anybody else flyin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
February 21, 6:53pm

Re: Ohlone Wilderness trail gearlist
Hard to argue with 10lb skin out but 18 oz. trekking poles are over 10% of your total weight.

In Gear Lists » Ohlone Wilderness trail gearlist
February 21, 11:58am

Craig is a bad influence
Craig, you are a terrible influence on all of us. I took a 35 mile "hike" last Sunday that ended up being 70% in snow. I was coming off of one of the higher mountains with about a foot ...

In Other Activities » A Perfect Sunday Run
February 20, 7:50pm

Re: Ursack
Hiking the PCT and I'm from Canton, just north of ATL. Yes, I ran into Phreak on the AT in NC, expect to see him out on one of my training hikes on the AT prior to leaving.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ursack Lawsuit Moves Ahead
February 20, 7:16pm

Re: The Canister Myth
Acually, picking it up at MTR, Vermillion or Red's would keep you legal. I will likely carry one from Kearsarge on because it fits in my resupply plan better. Now if the Ursack is reapproved ...

February 20, 7:04pm

PCT vs. JMT
"Are you saying that PCTers get space priority over the JMTers at the boxes? " Not exactly, but they are coming through earlier in the year when there is less demand on the boxes. Du...

February 20, 5:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Hiking Malto

Hiking Malto has posted no reviews.