BPL Community Profile

R Alsborg (FastWalker) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southwest
About Me R Alsborg has not added a biography yet.
CityOrange
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by R Alsborg

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1024 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103

Forum » Thread

Everything Old Becomes New Again
Not to take any of the steam away from the stove inventors, but maybe you might want to check out: http://zenstoves.net/ or http://zenstoves.net/CanPots.htm My personal homemade (but not o...

In GEAR » Ultralight Outfitters Beer Can Stove System for Esbit Fuel
August 28, 12:29am

Montbell Bivy, The Best Part $$$
Price: $ 110.00

In GEAR » ultralight bivies.
August 26, 12:25am

Montbell Bivy
https://www2.montbell.com/america/asp/products/Spg_shosai.asp?cat=1106&hinban=2321027 Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec™ U.L. Sleeping Bag Cover Our popular and proven Ultra Light Sleeping Bag Cover...

August 26, 12:22am

Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec Bivy
I don’t pretend to be an expert on this product, but like you John was intrigued with the Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec Bivy. The following is an excerpt from a recent email I had with the Montbell cu...

August 26, 12:10am

Re: Integral Designs Sil Poncho Tarp
I just returned from a week in the Eastern Sierras (Lake Italy area) and found the Integral Designs Sil Poncho/Tarp @ 9.5 oz. & bivy combo a solid choice even with afternnon thunder showers, cold/w...

In GEAR » Shelter For JMT
August 24, 6:53pm

Product Warning: BearVault or Bearikade
Product Warning If you use a BearVault or Bearikade, or know somebody that does please pass this on. For the last two weeks approximately 7 BearVaults and 2 Bearikades have been broken into by a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Boxes in The Sierra's
August 24, 5:11pm

Re: To Roger
Dave, Not criticizing, Just stating a fact… Carol’s Spread Sheet worked flawlessly on first download. I would highly recommend it! Simplicity, Functionality and Performance, the same f...

In GEAR » Excel Gear Spreadsheet
July 28, 10:01am

Re: I'm back
Carol, Welcome back and thanks for sending me a copy of your excel gear spreadsheet. It worked flawlessly on the first try. Intuitive and simple to use, without all the bells and whistles requ...

In GEAR » Excel Gear Spreadsheet
July 27, 11:47pm

Bozeman/Montbell Bivy
Eric You mentioned your Bozeman Bivy was a little cramped for a big guy. I’m 6’4 and 218lb’s and was considering either the Bozeman or the New Montbell Breeze Dry-Tec UL. Here’s the s...

In Gear Swap » Bozeman Bivy
July 27, 3:04pm

Re: The Great Kilt - For Hiking??
Bill, Not sure about the Kilt idea… But found some uses for the sword as a multipurpose tool assuming it’s made of lightweight titanium or some composite material. 1. A trekking pole / su...

In GEAR » skirt vs. pants
July 20, 11:55am

All Reader Reviews by R Alsborg

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tarp
First Observation: Wow! This Tarp is wicked light 2.8oz on my scale that includes the Guylines and Stuffsack. z

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
March 14, 3:57am

Base Designs Titanium 500ml Cookpot
I was also looking for a Firelite 500 Ti Cookpot. Since BPL was out of stock, I purchased a similar one from Prolite Gear<...

In Cookware - Titanium
February 08, 11:11pm

Complete Walker by Colin Fletcher
Colin Fletcher masterfully wrote the 1st edition of The Complete Backpacker just as I was discovering backpacking some 30+ years ago. Mr. Fletcher wrote with such passion from his experiences in t...

In Books and Media
November 15, 11:05pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Excellent Stove: Convenient Adj. Heat, Lightweight, Compact and Dependable… At times I consider it a luxury item!

In Stoves - Canister
August 03, 12:13pm

Patagonia Specter Jacket
Patagonia Specter Jacket For all the reasons above and the fact it doesn’t just fit the vertically challenged or anorexic: 5 out of 5

In Clothing - Raingear
June 19, 5:22pm

Taco Bell Spork
Taco Bell Spork Review As early as 1995 Taco Bell has helped to lift this otherwise mundane eating utensil to cult status and might I say ultra-light backpacking greatness! At a scant 3grams, me...

In Cookware - Other
September 26, 1:26am