Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1445 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...145

Forum » Thread

Re: 3-4 Day Spring/Fall Gear List - Southeast
Add: + pealess whistle + compass + backup fire source + rain gear: DriDucks 12 oz (pants + jacket) + first aid: gauze pads, something for blisters? + gaiters? + Sunglasses? (depends on fores...

In Gear Lists » 3-4 Day Spring/Fall Gear List - Southeast
March 16, 8:47am

Re: height
I just got a Moment, but have only tried it in the backyard. I'm almost 5'9", 19" torso, thick skull. I have the liner, and have not tested without it yet. The liner takes up arou...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment
March 15, 7:21pm

Re: Young person experiencing foot pain+more on the trail...
Consider the point of the barefoot/minimalist footwear trend: sometimes footwear does more harm than good, and we often don't need all of that structure and support imposed on our feet. Sti...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Young person experiencing foot pain+more on the trail...
March 14, 7:20am

Re: re: WOW
"refusing to live anywhere less than ideal (I grew up in Ohio, that was enough)" I feel your pain! ;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ready for the season to start.
March 13, 9:29pm

Re: tent and pack recomendations.
Knowing your budget and base weight would be useful. Tent: I think these one person tents would likely have enough space for you. Contrail Sublite Sil Moment (what I have) If not, consid...

In GEAR » tent and pack recomendations.
March 13, 8:04pm

Re: mont-bell #3?
I have the super spiral #3, but have only tried it for 30 min so far. I agree with Benjamin's advice regarding fit and body size. The super spiral is like having the freedom of a quilt with...

In GEAR » big decision...mont-bell u.l. super spiral down hugger #3 or u.l. spiral down hugger #3?
March 13, 9:49am

Re: Please help me move from 1-season to 3-season
Bag: If you have a larger frame get the Super Spiral. I have the Super Spiral #3 and like it, but I'm thinking about a #1 also to fill the gap between that and my heavy 0F bag. Pad: You coul...

In Gear Lists » Please help me move from 1-season to 3-season
March 12, 9:50pm

Re: omni-tape suggestion
Quest has 3/8" and 1/2" hook and loop if you can use that instead of the OmniTape-like stuff. I've always used the stuff Quest sells, and I didn't realize any hook and loop fasten...

In Make Your Own Gear » Omni tape
March 12, 8:03am

Re: Dri Ducks
Diane: The DriDucks are a little on the bulky side when folded, but when stuffed into a pack, they compress well. I have my jacket in a mesh stuffsack because I'm always packing and unpacking i...

In GEAR » Rain gear
March 11, 7:34pm

Re: New Tarptent Website
Very nice! I especially like the setup videos. I own three Tarptents, and have set up two of those many times, yet I still learned a few helpful tips from those videos--nothing like the designer sh...

In GEAR » New Tarptent Website
March 11, 7:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.