BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1292 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...130

Forum » Thread

Scarp
Awesome photos, Nick! I really like my Scarp 2, although it's only seen 2 nights of warm weather-only use so far. That clip in the middle of the vestibule part of the fly along the center po...

In GEAR » Scarp 1 First Impressions
November 04, 8:06am

Re: Hex 3 Skirts
I sewed a 16 inch noseeum skirt onto my 2010 SL3. It has 3/4" Velcro (loops because hooks will snag the netting) on the bottom for attaching a floor. Velcro also allows the netting to separate...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 03, 10:22am

I think she barely made it
From the interviews, it appears she's in the hospital being evaluated for frostbite. If she had been out another night or in 10 degree colder temps, I don't think she would've made it. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 28, 6:43pm

Re: PCT Gear List 2011
You could probably get a lighter pack, depending on your food weight. Consider just using a trash compactor pack liner instead of a cover. You could get your pot weight down to 1.3 oz with a ...

In Gear Lists » PCT Gear List 2011
October 28, 1:53pm

Re: My first UL-want-to-be list
Good list. I think ticks would be a possibility. For the weight, I'd probably carry the net tent. Or, maybe treat pad, sleeping bag, groundsheet with permethrin. I like to carry these items ...

In Gear Lists » My first UL-want-to-be list
October 28, 8:41am

Re: Help! Need ideas on slippery silnylon floors...
I did the anti-slip coating on the outside of the floor on my Scarp 2 and Hogback (30D floors), and it works great. The Hogback had up to 4 rambunctious kids in it at times on a 3 day trip in the m...

In GEAR » Help! Need ideas on slippery silnylon floors...
October 27, 5:56pm

Re: mid support
Other options for supporting the mids: - sturdy overhead branch (not during windy weather) - wooden pole cut to length from dead but sturdy wood - wooden poles lashed together at top to fo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Please - help me with my gear list purchase.
October 26, 11:36am

Re: My First Lightweight List--Please Critique
Here are my "cheapest options" ways to save weight: pot: aluminum by Open Country or AntiGravity Gear or a 1.3 oz Heineken 24 oz can (be aware of the controversy over whether the can...

In Gear Lists » My First Lightweight List--Please Critique
October 25, 10:47am

Down mat
Good suggestion, Bradford. Down mats seem to have their own heat source compared to other pads! I have the Exped full-length for winter. It's warm, comfy, and durable, but also heavy at 2 lbs. ...

In Gear Lists » My turn to submit a gear list!
October 25, 10:20am

Re: Follow-up
One issue you might run into with frameless packs is that most rely on a folded or rolled sleeping pad for their support and weight transfer to the hips. It seems like it might be quite a bit of &q...

In Gear Lists » My turn to submit a gear list!
October 25, 12:28am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.