BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1219 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...122

Forum » Thread

Pack fit: slowly slides down back
One detail I forgot to mention: My waist size is 42. I have the large size belt, which is what GG recommends for sizes 36-42. Dale: One issue could be that I'm not using any pad at all. I ...

In GEAR » Pack fit: slowly slides down back
August 23, 12:06am

Pack fit: slowly slides down back
I have a Gossamer Gear Gorilla which seems to fit well, as long as I cinch the hip belt so tight that it's slightly uncomfortable and keep pulling it back up higher every 5 minutes. Otherwise, ...

In GEAR » Pack fit: slowly slides down back
August 22, 9:17am

Re: Red River Gorge, KY; October
I'm not familiar with all of those manufacturer model names. Do you have rain gear and a windshirt? Maybe separate out stuff on your person vs. in the pack. * Add a pealess whistle and topo...

In Gear Lists » Red River Gorge, KY; October
August 21, 11:14am

Re: What size Exped Downmat 7?
I'm 5'8" and have the full-length Downmat 7. I sleep on my stomach and side, and I don't think I'd be comfortable with my legs hanging off and less insulated in winter. The sho...

In GEAR » What size Exped Downmat 7?
August 18, 11:24am

Re: Tarptent
So many houses for sale. People must be trying to dump them off. Houses must be crap! Good thing I have my Tarptent! ;)

In Chaff » Tarptent (con't since apparently the mods didn't think it fit in the Gear Swap section)
August 17, 4:09pm

Re: Cleveland National Forest Weekender
Test out the blue pad on a hard surface before your trip. I find the Ridgerest much more comfortable. I use a sturdy and long stick to dig cat holes. Rocks with an edge, trekking poles, and tent...

In Gear Lists » Cleveland National Forest Weekender
August 16, 9:24am

Re: Re: Re: Shang-ri La 5 and kids
Aaron, Be sure to consider the Tarptent Hogback. I decided on it over the SL 5. It wasn't an easy choice, but the 4 lb weight convinced me. It will fit 4 people, which I think is about what the...

In GEAR » Shangri La 5
August 15, 8:26pm

Re: Concerns about TT Rainbow
If it's misting you're referring to, you could coat the top of the fly with diluted silicone caulk as described here: http://jwbasecamp.com/Articles/Silnylon1/index.html You'd pro...

In GEAR » Concerns about TT Rainbow
August 15, 8:19pm

Re: ultralight knife sheaths?
The plastic sheaths which come with Mora knives are lightweight, but some of them are not good at knife retention.

In GEAR » ultralight knife sheaths?
August 13, 7:34am

Bug netting skirt in the snow
I have a Shangri-La 3 with a 16 inch noseeum netting skirt. If I use this as a winter shelter, should I use the netting as a sod cloth to help seal the windward side to the ground by piling snow on...

In GEAR » Bug netting skirt in the snow
August 12, 10:52am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.