BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1297 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...130

Forum » Thread

0.7 oz cup
I use the 16 oz size Rubbermaid Twist and Seal cup without the lid. It weighs 0.7 oz. I made a 1" wide CCF wrap for holding it, but often don't take this because I can use the handles on t...

In GEAR » mug/ cup?
November 06, 3:33pm

Re: Hex 3 Skirt
"1. On the sewn perimeter version, wouldn't putting it right on the hem of the tent make it impossible to clip in the floor? At least if the plan was to place the mesh on top of the interi...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 05, 6:43pm

Re: fireboard
"Brad, scrape the black stuff off the end of your spindle" And the hearth board hole too. One thing which helps with the string slipping is to use a counter-twisted pair instead of ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bow Drill Fires!
November 05, 10:47am

Re: AT 2011 Gear list
You might want to try making a Penny Stove and see if the simmer ring meets your requirements: http://www.jureystudio.com/pennystove/ The stove itself (including penny but not stand) is aroun...

In Gear Lists » AT 2011 Gear list
November 05, 10:32am

Re: A Few Months Later: List Revised
I agree with you about the filter for sketchy water sources. I like to have whistle, compass, light, knife, firesteel, and map on-person in case of being separated from my pack because that'...

In Gear Lists » New to Forums: Gear List
November 04, 3:29pm

Scarp
Awesome photos, Nick! I really like my Scarp 2, although it's only seen 2 nights of warm weather-only use so far. That clip in the middle of the vestibule part of the fly along the center po...

In GEAR » Scarp 1 First Impressions
November 04, 8:06am

Re: Hex 3 Skirts
I sewed a 16 inch noseeum skirt onto my 2010 SL3. It has 3/4" Velcro (loops because hooks will snag the netting) on the bottom for attaching a floor. Velcro also allows the netting to separate...

In GEAR » Hex 3 Skirts
November 03, 10:22am

I think she barely made it
From the interviews, it appears she's in the hospital being evaluated for frostbite. If she had been out another night or in 10 degree colder temps, I don't think she would've made it. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 28, 6:43pm

Re: PCT Gear List 2011
You could probably get a lighter pack, depending on your food weight. Consider just using a trash compactor pack liner instead of a cover. You could get your pot weight down to 1.3 oz with a ...

In Gear Lists » PCT Gear List 2011
October 28, 1:53pm

Re: My first UL-want-to-be list
Good list. I think ticks would be a possibility. For the weight, I'd probably carry the net tent. Or, maybe treat pad, sleeping bag, groundsheet with permethrin. I like to carry these items ...

In Gear Lists » My first UL-want-to-be list
October 28, 8:41am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.