BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1283 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...129

Forum » Thread

Re: Follow-up
One issue you might run into with frameless packs is that most rely on a folded or rolled sleeping pad for their support and weight transfer to the hips. It seems like it might be quite a bit of &q...

In Gear Lists » My turn to submit a gear list!
October 25, 12:28am

Re: My turn to submit a gear list!
I use a .7 oz Rubbermaid Twist & Seal plastic bowl (16 oz size) without a lid as my mug. A 24 oz size Heineken keg pot is around 1.3 oz, but there's the issues of how it will work with t...

In Gear Lists » My turn to submit a gear list!
October 24, 9:16pm

Re: winter shoes
Consider using GoreTex socks instead of waterproof shoes. That way, you can use the same pair year-round, unless you need a larger pair for winter sock layers of course.

In GEAR » winter shoes
October 23, 8:04am

Re: Planning my lady's introduction to backpacking
I think it's too cold for a first trip. It's possible for temps to be down into the 20's F that time of year, along with snow on the ground. I wouldn't take many of those heavy e...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Planning my lady's introduction to backpacking
October 22, 10:14am

Re: Backpacking Light AR
Sounds like a fun trip... "Got to the trail head late due to the unpaved forest roads and trying to find the trail head." I prefer hikes to start at locations like this where enjoyi...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking Light AR
October 21, 10:15am

Re: Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
This is somewhat of a trick question. A knife won't help any without the knowledge and skills to use it. These are even more important than the knife.

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 20, 7:23pm

Glasses vs. contacts
I think glasses are best if they're only for occasional reading and close-up tasks, but I don't need them for this. For distance vision, I prefer contacts. I have worn soft contacts (and...

In Philosophy & Technique » contact lens wearers
October 20, 11:01am

widow-maker
Today's word is "widow-maker." "That's a widow-maker! I can't believe I missed it!", said as I quickly grabbed the dead 5 inch diameter tree my 7 year old daughte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Let's talk backpacking slang
October 19, 10:00am

Re: most comfy foam pad
"What's the most comfy foam pad of them all?" The one you sleep on on your back.

In GEAR » most comfy foam pad
October 18, 12:08am

Re: 35 degree 4-day list
You might be cold with only that blue CCF down to 20F. Wearing rain pants the entire time seems like it would be too sweaty. You might need a more substantial shirt/sweater and a windshirt wh...

In Gear Lists » 35 degree 4-day list
October 15, 3:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.