Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1390 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...139

Forum » Thread

Re: Toddler Sleeping Bag
We always dress our kids fairly warmly in a fleece jumper and maybe fleece jacket. The material of the bag doesn't matter very much as long as it's somewhat light and durable. I'd go wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Toddler Sleeping Bag
February 12, 7:57am

Re: Super Cat stoves
I've never been that impressed by any of the feline stoves. Their performance is darn good in comparison to their simplicity though. I've mostly settled on the Penny Stove for when I nee...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Cat stoves
February 12, 7:50am

Re: headlamp strap
I use black gaffer tape to block light from the bottom of my Tikka Plus 2 housing. Gaffer tape is a little better than other options because it doesn't slide around when things get hot, and it ...

In GEAR » Mount Tikka XP2 on Sternum Strap?
February 11, 12:22pm

Re: Early October '10, High Falls Loop and side trails, Adirondacks. First ever TR!
I enjoyed reading this!

In Post-Trip Reports » Early October '10, High Falls Loop and side trails, Adirondacks. First ever TR!
February 11, 10:28am

Re: Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
Use sticks instead of stakes. I didn't see sunglasses? Use the roll-up ones from eye doctor. Carry a whistle.

In Gear Lists » Help me reach a sub 5lb base weight
February 11, 8:19am

Re: Two weeks in Alaska
I've learned a lot from reading the responses to this thread. I'd want the flexibility of a larger 3 liter Nalgene Cantene or Platy, especially since the ideal sites would probably be fa...

In Gear Lists » Two weeks in Alaska
February 09, 1:12pm

Re: Snowshoe floatation question
The weight limit recommendations are usually for packed trails. Larger shoes will provide a little more floatation, but they'll still sink, and will be heavier to lift with each step. That'...

In Winter Hiking » Snowshoe floatation question
February 07, 8:59am

Re: video of fastpacking gear
Interesting video, thanks. What's the lowest temp your sleep system keeps you comfortable?

In Make Your Own Gear » video of fastpacking gear
February 05, 11:00am

Re: UL freestanding tent: Terra Nova Solar Photon 1
Have you considered the TT Moment with a liner and crossing pole? It comes pretty close to your requirements (no inner tent though).

In GEAR » UL freestanding tent: Terra Nova Solar Photon 1
February 04, 10:42pm

Re: Help...$5 WallyWorld jacket mods
I did most of the same mods to this same jacket in size 2XL, which fits like an XL. It was down to 9.6 oz before DWR, but up to 10.something after. I used Nikwax wash-in DWR, and it was totally wat...

In GEAR » Help...$5 WallyWorld jacket mods
February 04, 10:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.