BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1255 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...126

Forum » Thread

Re: Revised. Nightlite vs ridgerest?
I would keep the Mora, especially if fishing. I haven't tried the NeoAir, but I use an Exped Downmat 7. Going from that to a Ridgerest is quite a shock comfort-wise. Although, I'd be fin...

In Gear Lists » Porcupine Mountains Gear List
October 04, 10:39am

Re: Entertainment on the trail
>What do BPL'ers use to escape on the trail? Why would I want to escape from the escape? ;-)

In GEAR » Entertainment on the trail
October 03, 10:26pm

Re: Smokies Gear
With the pack cover, it's an issue of always carrying extra weight versus preventing the possibility of extra weight in certain conditions--just a personal preference I guess. I'd still ...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 03, 9:21am

Re: Smokies Gear
A few quick suggestions: - nix pack cover - Add an on-person whistle - Keep lighter in pocket - I'd want at least a spare pair of liner gloves I think filters are worth the weight as f...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 02, 11:22pm

Re: Hogback in the wind
I haven't had my Hogback out in winds greather than 10 mph. I agree with everything Jeff said. For any sustained wind over 20 mph, I'd want to use the four extra guyout points (for which st...

In GEAR » 4 person backpacking shelter
October 01, 7:33am

Re: Golite
> If the Golite is silnylon, is it because of the coating that they can tape the seams? Yes. The seams are taped on the inside where the PU coating is.

September 29, 12:25pm

Re: 4 person backpacking shelter
This older thread has some great info, photos, and diagrams by Henry Shires: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=30392 One thin...

September 29, 11:40am

Re: Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
I like the Black Diamond Flick-Lock poles without shock absorption (aluminum Trailback model or something like that). They're 20 oz a pair, but the weight on my arms causes no complaints.

In GEAR » Time to get trekking poles. What do I look for?
September 28, 8:17am

Re: 4 person backpacking shelter
I have the smaller Shangri-La 3. For the SL5, The 2lbs 14oz is without the nest (floor and netting). The nest is an additional 2lbs 11oz. Unless you need a shelter for high winds and snow, cons...

September 27, 9:21pm

Re: MLD DuoMid vs. Scarp 1 for snow? Need feedback, please.
I vote for the Scarp. I have the Scarp 2, but haven't tested it in winter yet. As David said, in windy conditions, especially with blowing snow, the Scarp is going to be more comfortable becaus...

In GEAR » MLD DuoMid vs. Scarp 1 for snow? Need feedback, please.
September 21, 1:15am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.