BPL Community Profile

Andy F (AndyF) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Midwest/Midatlantic
About Me Andy F has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListWet-cold winter

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy F

Showing 1011 - 1020 of 1260 | Page: 1 ...93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ...126

Forum » Thread

Re: Gear List? I need help
These aren't lightweight-focused sites, but they should be helpful in generating ideas: http://www.wintercampers.com/ http://wintertrekking.com/index.php Do you have previous backpacki...

In Gear Lists » Gear List? I need help
October 07, 8:46am

Re: work and fire gloves
Depending on what you're cooking and the pot, maybe you could use different pot support options made from sticks and a poker stick with a carved flat end for the coals?

In GEAR » work and fire gloves
October 07, 7:44am

Re: Burly, bushcraft-y everyday coat for cold winter conditions
Empire Canvas Works

In GEAR » Burly, bushcraft-y everyday coat for cold winter conditions
October 06, 9:50am

Re: Additional thoughts
It wouldn't surprise me if you're warm enough in the Ultra 20 without any down clothing while using the Downmat 9! Extra space in the shelter shouldn't be a problem, but make sure no...

In GEAR » First time Winter BP'er. HALP!
October 04, 8:04pm

Re: First time Winter BP'er. HALP!
Many use single-wall shelters in the winter, but they're generally pole-supported pyramid/hex designs. Those designs are good for shedding snow and wind, and can be pitched tight to the ground ...

In GEAR » First time Winter BP'er. HALP!
October 04, 7:06pm

Re: Revised. Nightlite vs ridgerest?
I would keep the Mora, especially if fishing. I haven't tried the NeoAir, but I use an Exped Downmat 7. Going from that to a Ridgerest is quite a shock comfort-wise. Although, I'd be fin...

In Gear Lists » Porcupine Mountains Gear List
October 04, 10:39am

Re: Entertainment on the trail
>What do BPL'ers use to escape on the trail? Why would I want to escape from the escape? ;-)

In GEAR » Entertainment on the trail
October 03, 10:26pm

Re: Smokies Gear
With the pack cover, it's an issue of always carrying extra weight versus preventing the possibility of extra weight in certain conditions--just a personal preference I guess. I'd still ...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 03, 9:21am

Re: Smokies Gear
A few quick suggestions: - nix pack cover - Add an on-person whistle - Keep lighter in pocket - I'd want at least a spare pair of liner gloves I think filters are worth the weight as f...

In Gear Lists » Winter Gear List (Smokies, 8-10 day trip)
October 02, 11:22pm

Re: Hogback in the wind
I haven't had my Hogback out in winds greather than 10 mph. I agree with everything Jeff said. For any sustained wind over 20 mph, I'd want to use the four extra guyout points (for which st...

In GEAR » 4 person backpacking shelter
October 01, 7:33am

All Reader Reviews by Andy F

Andy F has posted no reviews.