BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 1001 - 1010 of 1028 | Page: 1 ...84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: My thoughts so far
>About 2 days ago it did get sold out. However, I contacted the REI customer service and they told be they would be restocking it Thursday (today) as they would be receiving a new order. And sur...

In Gear Lists » Gear List - Most Economical way to reduce
May 21, 7:25pm

Re: My thoughts so far
> I'm looking at getting the REI Sub Kilo 20deg bag (29oz) from REI Outlet for $115 You must have got the last one.

In Gear Lists » Gear List - Most Economical way to reduce
May 20, 9:18pm

GSMNP (start 7/16)
I'll be in the area (Lake Junaluska, NC) starting the afternoon of July 16. At this point I'm not sure how much time I'll spend. It may be just a couple days (leave Sun morning) or coul...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GSMNP, Pisgah NF, or Cherokee NF? (start 7/16)
May 20, 10:39am

Re: Cannon Firmware Update (CHDK)
I agree CHDK is awesome stuff. I've used some of the intervalometer scripts to do sunrise/set timelapses. The histogram can be useful, too. Haven't played with the motion detection one yet,...

In Photography » Cannon Firmware Update
May 19, 6:29pm

Re: Scouts with severe food allergies
Joe, They can react even to the smell of nuts though not as bad. Same with touching a surface that had nut products on them. Maybe your boys could be extra vigilant about never eating anywhere ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thru-Hikes + Food Allergies = Conundrum
May 19, 9:36am

Re: Our Lightest Cozy Yet
Perhaps I missed it but what is this fabric? It looks like those padded tablecloths. My church has some old ones in gold.

In GEAR » Our Lightest Cozy Yet
May 19, 8:45am

Scouts with severe food allergies
This was the only thread I found that dealt with food allergies to any degree, and since it was over 2 years old thought maybe it would be good to revisit for others with this issue. Our troop h...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thru-Hikes + Food Allergies = Conundrum
May 19, 8:20am

Re: Getting Started - Scout Gear/Clothing List
Thanks for sharing, Patrick. Just a couple questions from glancing over your list (keep in mind I'm just starting BP-ing). Is it really more expensive to find Scout appropriate packs and bags t...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Father/son getting started
May 18, 9:01am

Re: Re: Frontier Pro lifespan
Is it simply because the charcoal has lost it's effectiveness or that it can no longer be backflushed effectively to get a decent flow?

In Make Your Own Gear » Heavier, Better Gravity Filter for the Lazy Backpacker
May 12, 7:57am

Frontier Pro lifespan
Chris Chastian wrote: > Aquamira: 2.2oz rated at 190 liters Being a newbie, does this mean you need to buy a new one after this amount?

In Make Your Own Gear » Heavier, Better Gravity Filter for the Lazy Backpacker
May 11, 9:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.