Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 1001 - 1010 of 1041 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lunar Duo questions
Thanks, James. I was thinking all the LD users must have gone packing for the weekend. >7. Here are some ideas: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo questions
May 26, 6:30am

Re: Re: Re: Shirts for Hot & Humid Weather
I'm confused like Terry, and Michael never responded back to his question. Seems I've read many conflicting things on whether the clothing should be tight or loose. If it isn't a good w...

In GEAR » Long Sleeve Shirt for Hot and Humid weather
May 24, 10:48pm

Re: Which packs should I be looking at?
The old 2000 cu in ext frame pack I have is ~53 oz. It doesn't feel all that comfortable (empty) but I don't have anything to judge against. Looking at Clelland's "Pretty Good&q...

In GEAR » Which packs should I be looking at?
May 24, 8:42pm

Starter Dri-Star
Was looking in Walmart for inexpensive clothes. They have some of these compression shirts - 81% polyester, 19% spandex essentially. Quite thin. Would those make a decent base layer for $10?

In GEAR » Starter Dri-Star
May 24, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Which packs should I be looking at?
Art, Let me clarify that I do intend to go at least as close to UL as I can get. I've not yet come across the definitions of what those weights actually are, but I'd expect to get close to...

May 23, 11:47am

Lunar Duo questions
Being a newbie at backpacking, I thought I should learn how experienced LD users use their tent and deal with certain things. Here's a ton of questions I've come up with: 1. It seems lik...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo questions
May 23, 9:59am

Which packs should I be looking at?
If I was to get closer to an UL pack, which of these would be closest to meet my needs in the OP (note: I decided to only consider Dyneema packs)? Golite Pinnacle (largest) MLD ARK SMD Starlit...

May 23, 9:24am

Which packs should I be looking at?
I'm just getting started backpacking (first overnight in a week) and need some direction to narrow my choices down given my relevant info and desires below. I know most recommend getting all ot...

May 22, 1:03pm

Re: Re: "Men's or women's Sub Kilo?"
Wish the 20% off from a couple weeks back was still active. Anyway, I selected men's reg for me, women's long for wife (if I can get her interested or possibly me if not) and women's re...

In GEAR » Men's or women's Sub Kilo?
May 22, 11:52am

Re: Men's or women's Sub Kilo?
This is what the other guy told me: About 2 days ago it did get sold out. However, I contacted the REI customer service and they told be they would be restocking it Thursday (today) as they would ...

In GEAR » Men's or women's Sub Kilo?
May 22, 6:28am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.