Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 1001 - 1010 of 1048 | Page: 1 ...86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105

Forum » Thread

Which packs should I be looking at?
Given the current Golite discounts, I think I'll risk getting a Pinnacle at this point. It seems to be the frameless that can handle heavier loads the best as well as the most flexible since it...

In GEAR » Which packs should I be looking at?
June 04, 8:31pm

Re: Re: Re: car saftey in GSMNP
Rick, My plan is to do a couple loops of 3-4 days each and at least 1 day hike. I'll be staying in the backcountry campgrounds. I need to find more info on what to expect at those, too. For...

In Post-Trip Reports » car saftey in GSMNP
June 04, 6:47pm

Re: car saftey in GSMNP
I'll be parking about a week this summer also, though I was more concerned about where to park in general when out for a few days. If the loop you want to do isn't near a campground, can yo...

In Post-Trip Reports » car saftey in GSMNP
June 04, 6:06am

Re: Re: Lunar Duo questions
I got some experience with #4 on my first trip. Even though rain wasn't in the forecast, we had a decent thundershower as we hit the campsite. Still curious about the self tensioning guyline...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo questions
June 02, 7:21am

Re: Which packs should I be looking at?
My (our) first trip went pretty well. My full pack weight with 2 L of water (my son also had 2 L) and most of our food was ~25 pounds. Since the pack was so small I also carried a large hip pouch I...

June 02, 7:16am

Re: Men's or women's Sub Kilo?
Just got the email the 3 backordered Sub Kilo bags have now shipped. I note they are no longer listed on the outlet site again so maybe they are finally all gone. It will be nice to have a &q...

In GEAR » Men's or women's Sub Kilo?
June 02, 6:39am

GSMNP - anyone there 7/16-25?
Even though GSMNP will be more crowded than the national forests (and much easier to do loops), I've decided that will also make it safer for me since this will be my first major trip. I'm ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GSMNP, Pisgah NF, or Cherokee NF? (start 7/16)
May 27, 9:13pm

Re: Re: Lunar Duo questions
Thanks, James. I was thinking all the LD users must have gone packing for the weekend. >7. Here are some ideas: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo questions
May 26, 6:30am

Re: Re: Re: Shirts for Hot & Humid Weather
I'm confused like Terry, and Michael never responded back to his question. Seems I've read many conflicting things on whether the clothing should be tight or loose. If it isn't a good w...

In GEAR » Long Sleeve Shirt for Hot and Humid weather
May 24, 10:48pm

Re: Which packs should I be looking at?
The old 2000 cu in ext frame pack I have is ~53 oz. It doesn't feel all that comfortable (empty) but I don't have anything to judge against. Looking at Clelland's "Pretty Good&q...

May 24, 8:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.