BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1001 - 1010 of 1094 | Page: 1 ...91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110

Forum » Thread

Prefilter...
I wish this post had been around a month ago... it would have saved me a ton of fooling around. I never thought about the plumbing section (all those screened washers...), that would have been a b...

In GEAR » ultralight water prefilter
May 18, 7:17pm

Big Agnes Air Core mattresses
I have an Insulated BA Air Core and a Prolite 4. Comfort definitely has to go to the BA Air Core and the insulating value has been fine as well although I've not used it below freezing. If I ...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Air Core mattresses
May 05, 2:05pm

What is your willingness to pay for lighter gear?
One factor that has been missed is "bulk". I replaced a fleece jacket with a Thermawrap and they both weigh the same and provide the same amount of warmth. The Thermawrap is at least ha...

In GEAR » What is your willingness to pay for lighter gear?
May 04, 2:12am

Mountain Hardwear Quark Jacket...
A couple of weeks ago I tried on a Mountain Hardware Quark jacket and was impressed with the features. If you want a light weight breathable jacket with pit zips, hand warmer pockets, inside pocke...

In GEAR » lightest eVent Jacket
April 23, 12:54am

Backpacking Lattern...
If you carry a cannister stove you could take a look at the Primus Micron Lantern (4.4 oz), it uses the same canister as the stoves. I have the heaver version of the Micron (the Easylight - 6....

In GEAR » Backpacking lantern?
April 21, 9:29pm

How much fuel...
One small canister of propane is tons of gas for a weekend trip. The smallest canister of Primus Power Gas (4 season mix) weighs 6.5 oz. when full. The canister contains 3.5 ounces of gas (100 g...

In GEAR » How Much fuel do you use?
April 19, 10:25pm

Signal Flares...
>> What's the calculus with the flares re: starting a wildfire? ... Is there a way to mitigate? >> Don't use them when the ground cover is dry would be the obvious answer......

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 05, 8:10pm

Lifesaver...
I carry a pen-style flare launcher. Pretty light and it can be seen for quite a distance day or night. Weighs 1.4 oz for the pen size launcher and .3 oz per flare cartridge. It will also sh...

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 05, 3:30pm

Day-pack Suggestions...
I use a Granite Gear Wisp for day trips and short overnight trips. It's a 2000 ci, hydration compatable pack that has a stretchy, fine mesh helmet pouch on the outside (I use the pouch for rai...

In GEAR » Day-pack Suggestions
April 03, 2:36pm

Stainless water bottle...
I'm more than happy to turn this back into a gear related thread! My new stainless bottle is made by Chinook Technical Outdoor http://www.chinooktec.com This was a gift, I don't know...

In GEAR » Warning for any aluminum can pot users
April 03, 1:51am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm