Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 1001 - 1010 of 1127 | Page: 1 ...92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ...113

Forum » Thread

Steripen Usage..
I cut the bottom off of a 2 litre Platy bottle and inserted a small filter screen into the pull spout to get rid of some of the floaters. It makes a nice scoop and I have marked the bag with a .5 ...

In GEAR » Steripen Usage
October 24, 10:40am

Kitchen cover...
I have a 5 X 8 Integral Designs siltarp that weighs 6.9 oz. Nicely made with lots of tie-outs. I particularly like the tie-out that they put in the centre of the tarp (suspends nicely from a tree).

In GEAR » Kitchen cover?
October 24, 1:24am

Steripen...
Mary - Were you using rechargeable batteries in your Steripen when it failed to cycle? I tried rechargeables and they failed in the same way that you described and I had only treated about 2 li...

In GEAR » Steripen Usage
October 24, 12:53am

MEC Merlin - 3 bag...
Lots of comments here from people that have never used this bag... I thought I'd add my two cents since I used the bag for 2-3 years. I think the Merlin is a great bag but some may not like...

In GEAR » MEC Merlin -3C bag
October 21, 2:31pm

Affordable Rain Pants...
These ones are a bit different... instead of using breathable material they have added a mesh panel at the waistband for ventilation. Nice quality and my size Large weighs 6.4 ounces. http://w...

In GEAR » Affordable Rain Pants
October 08, 12:40am

GPS info...
There is a wealth of info at this site: http://gpsinformation.net/ One of their links is "which GPS to buy": http://gpsinformation.us/main/whichgps.html Whatever you buy, make...

In GEAR » GPS
August 14, 7:58am

Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park
Tom - My pack is a Granite Gear Wisp which has a capacity of 2000 ci (33 liter). It's not the lightest pack (1.5 pounds) but it fits me well and I can manage a 5 day trip with this pack but...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park
August 03, 2:04am

Suggestion...
"Only discomfort was that sharp pain right at the base of my neck along my spine, that I always get after a few hours with a pack on. Suggestions?" Sounds like the pack may not fit pro...

In GEAR » First lightweight multi-day trip: gear-love!
August 01, 1:19am

Torn Meniscus
I've had both my knees done, one about 12 years back and the other about 8 years ago. I've never been able to compress them completely since my surgery (squats) but that's not really b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Torn Meniscus
July 31, 8:02pm

Temperature Range...
Tony - I’m glad I could provide a minor diversion from the stresses of work... I know that one well. I don't know the exact temperatures but I'm pretty sure that the day time high woul...

In Post-Trip Reports » Vancouver Island's Strathcona Park
July 31, 12:48am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm