BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 101 - 110 of 3011 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...302

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
So if you're constipated for the duration of a trip, do you not get to deduct the entire weight of consumed food?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is the weight of water that you've already drunk that much different from the weight of carried water?
January 22, 7:45pm

GO HIKE!
+1 on a trip Skip the beer and pizza, get two tanks of gas, and go somewhere a little further that you've never been.

In GEAR » $100 to spend... on what?
January 21, 5:45pm

Adventures in mini writing supplies
Are Nick and I the only ones with style around here? I'm into vintage typewriters. My favorite portable model is my Remington Rand. I believe it's about as miniature as they came in th...

In GEAR » Adventures in mini writing supplies
January 21, 8:28am

Re: Re: Finally happened - buzzed on the trail by Drones (UAV's)
I'm buzzed far more often by IPAs than UAVs.

In Chaff » Finally happened - buzzed on the trail by Drones (UAV's)
January 20, 3:40pm

Re: What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
I've obviously got other gear, but the "big 4" with them most miles on them are the following: GoLite SL3: $100 (fly only, purchased on sale when they sold them separate back in t...

In GEAR » What's your big four weigh/cost? Me- 2 lbs 8.4 oz/$773
January 19, 9:22pm

Re: Perimeter security
Seriously? Sounds like a great way to wake the entire forest at 2AM over a baby raccoon.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do you get used to animal noises? What about scaredy cats?
January 17, 4:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Glasses...
"My hearing has gotten to the point where I really need hearing aids, but then I would be able to actually hear my wife, so I have deferred that purchase as long as I can." That...

In GEAR » Glasses...
January 15, 10:56pm

Re: Re: Courtesy Nazis
6th post on this site and he invokes Nazis. Good start.

In Multiple Use Gear » Who does not love a cigar in the woods?
January 15, 2:01pm

Don't tune it out.
Leave the earplugs and iPod at home and tune in, not out. I'm confused that I hear people say they carry earplugs for when it's really stormy or raging outside. I always thought that lis...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Do you get used to animal noises? What about scaredy cats?
January 14, 10:21pm

SL3 Pole Connectors.
Don't know why the velcro and webbing won't work for you. I've used that system winter camping with a snow load and in very high winds with no problems.

In GEAR » Anyone use trekking poles with a Golite Shangri-la 3?
January 14, 8:52am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm