Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

chris kersten (xanadu) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale here
About Me chris kersten has not added a biography yet.
CitySulphur Springs
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by chris kersten

Showing 101 - 110 of 140 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Forum » Thread

coat hangers
Coat hangers are safe. Just burn the coatings off before you use them. They have been used for decades to roast marshmellows and hotdogs with no side effects. But now that I think about it, I have ...

In GEAR » Galvanized coat hangers?
September 04, 5:50pm

word!
Be sure to send an email to company "K" telling them why they lost your support. Have some fun with it. I can't stand idiots like that and I must be getting older because now I'll...

In GEAR » Does texting have a place in the gear market? OR show rant.
August 08, 10:14am

having kids
My question has to be- Why not have the kids? What are people trying to save the planet for? Nobody?

In Chaff » Personal greenhouse emissions: procreation vs driving a hummer
August 04, 5:23pm

none
Can someone tell me what the last 711 post are about so I don't waste my time reading them? Is this a real thread or a game that I did'nt catch on to?

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 29, 5:24pm

Bivy/tent
I was really happy with the marmot home alone 2. It has enough room to bring my pack in and I didn't feel trapped in it. It is more of a bivy/tent. About 26 ounces and waterproof.

In GEAR » Recommendation for a hooped bivy?
July 23, 10:08am

REI
4th post on this thread;"Sorry to be such a naysayer... but why should we wreck our brains thinking up ways to bend backwards to order from the likes of REI" From the first thread I p...

In GEAR » UL REI STYLE - Yes it CAN Be Done
July 19, 10:52am

storing cord
There was a great video on youtube about storing paracord. Using your hand to wind it in a figure 8 patern and then wrapping it at the end. Maybe search "rolling up paracord"

In GEAR » storing long cord
July 17, 9:12am

It varies.
I use mine only to help keep my pace going forward. What I mean by that is on smooth level ground, they may touch every 5 to 10 steps. But uphill and when I am getting sluggish, maybe every 2 to 3 ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Trekking pole technique
July 16, 5:53pm

rei gear (except Valuims)
I don't have a list but I do use several items that REI sales (or could order) My 2010 kwipment includes; Marmot atom 40 degree bag (I hate red, but this one is sexy) Marmot home alone ...

In GEAR » UL REI STYLE - Yes it CAN Be Done
July 15, 2:00pm

New pack.
Not here. My bad. Price?

In GEAR » LAUFBURSCHE huckePACK
July 13, 1:40pm

All Reader Reviews by chris kersten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Campsaver.com Retailer
Yeah, I have to go the other way on these guys. I ordered a jacket on clearance and they are the only ones that have it for that price. I paid for 2nd day shipping. I get an email 3 days later saying ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 11:17am

gossamer murmur
I am not going to hype up the good points. The GG website does a good job of showing the features. It is light and well made. I will point out the flaws that could be better. First the compression s...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 16, 1:11pm

Marmot Atom
I'm not going to say much since this has been reviewed allready. I just want to say the bag is made with great quality and is very light. The pictures don't show how pretty the red material is...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 13, 2:00pm