BPL Community Profile

Reginald Donaldson (worth) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Wind River Range
About Me I am a wilderness canoeist with a preference for paddling Northern Ontario.
CityPlainfield
StateIN
My Website URLhttp://worthdonaldson.weebly.com/
My PDF Gear List2 Weeks in the Mountains

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Reginald Donaldson

Showing 101 - 110 of 124 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Forum » Thread

Black Bear outside the tent strategy question
I might be inclined to retreat if possible. The bruin was obviously too comfortable around man. My concern is that one may unknowingly cross that line of getting too close and accidentally trigge...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Black Bear outside the tent strategy question
September 07, 8:22am

My avatar
My avatar was taken seconds before my first swim in a canoe. I bottom out in a souse hole and sideswipe a rock before I could ride the next wave at Wavy Rapids on the Upper Missinaibi River in Ont...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Avatar
September 05, 4:18pm

An interesting windscreen design
The following web site has an interesting windscreen design for cannister stoves: http://tinyurl.com/24ebzt

In Make Your Own Gear » An interesting windscreen design
September 02, 11:13pm

Polar bears
I just got back from Churchill, Manitoba commonly referred to as "Polar Bear Capital of the World". You want to stay out in the open so you can both see each other. I had the opportunit...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Life one link down the foodchain
August 01, 4:50pm

Bear bangers
I just returned from a paddling trip to Churchill, Manitoba also known as "Polar Bear Capital of the World". For protection we carried an air horn, bear spray and bear bangers shot from ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Large carnivore/omnivore protection
July 12, 10:52pm

Re: S2S Thermolite Reactor
Over rated! I used it in conjunction with a 50 degree bag and when the temperature drop into the 40's I was uncomfortably cold in the early morning hours. Save your money.

In GEAR » Sea to Summit Bag Liner:)
June 06, 5:31am

Waterproofing Maps
Ryan said from another post: I like the Rite in the Rain paper for writing, but for map printing, it's expensive and heavy. So, I like regular copy paper: cheap and light. When I'm done...

In Philosophy & Technique » Waterproofing Maps
May 17, 9:35pm

Better yet, Goggle Maps
This will give you a chuckle! 1. go to www.maps.google.com 2. click on "get directions" 3. type "New York" in the first box (the "from" box) 4. type "London...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Google Earth Adds Hiking Trails
April 18, 5:50pm

Re: Re: What cheese for a 6 day trip?
I prefer to wrap my cheese in cheese clothe soaked in vinegar and stored in a zip-lock bag. The vinegar will retard mold growth and the clothe will absorb any oils the cheese may extrude. The vin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » What cheese for a 6 day trip?
March 23, 8:10pm

I guess I had not reached rock bottom yet.
And I thought I had hit an all time low when I was forced to use my Crocs as a urinate bottle.

In Multiple Use Gear » Cookpot Toilet
January 07, 8:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Reginald Donaldson

Reginald Donaldson has posted no reviews.