Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 101 - 110 of 235 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...24

Forum » Thread

Re: How important is the weight of trekking poles?
"but the poles are always in my hands (not on my back)." This is exactly why I'd categorize the weight of trekking poles as MORE important than the weight of an item in your backpa...

In GEAR » How important is the weight of trekking poles?
March 27, 6:31pm

Re: Caldera cone metal
"Bob, Any tips on doing a good small "brake" ? for precise folds and bending?" I'm not Bob..but... I've made ~5 cones of varying quality before finally really g...

In Make Your Own Gear » Caldera cone metal
March 27, 1:41pm

pack fitting
Where's the new guy from the "PLEASE READ" thread? He's an expert pack fitter :)

In GEAR » Where is the definitive pack measuring/fitting thread?
March 26, 4:27pm

MLD
Maybe give Ron at MLD a shout, their sternum strap uses very similar hardware from what I can tell...

In Make Your Own Gear » WTB Jet T-Glide 20x20 sternum sliders
March 24, 9:36pm

cover up
I'd strongly suggest wearing a cheap paper mask (think dentist/surgeon) over your face while doing this for two reasons. One, to keep from inhaling down fluff, in the mouth is annoying, in the...

In Make Your Own Gear » Question about down
March 22, 5:54pm

Anyone ever done a DIY pair of down booties?
So, I have a fair amount of Momentum 90 and down left over from my quilt project, and have been pondering how to use it. I like how my quilt turned out so well I'd love to be able to use it do...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone ever done a DIY pair of down booties?
March 20, 9:10pm

Re: seam allowances - new sewer
http://www.lytw8.com/uploads/LytW8_Summer_Quilt_Instructions.pdf Everything you want to know about sewing a quilt and more... Bear in mind these instructions are for a sewn-thru construction ...

In Make Your Own Gear » seam allowances - new sewer
March 20, 8:50pm

drybag
I bought the same bags for the same purpose...same results. Slow leaks from the taped seams. The tape application seemed very poorly done, re-taping could possibly work. The easier thing to do...

In Make Your Own Gear » myog dry bag gravity filter not so dry ??
March 17, 5:37pm

pics?
Any chance you could grab a pic or two of the BB can in the burn?

In GEAR » Bear Canister in MLD Burn
March 16, 10:00pm

Re: re: My first major foray into the MYOG world
Thanks Jamie, I sent you a PM about the bivy, thanks again for the great write-up on the quilt. I think I might try to go to greater lengths to document my subsequent MYOG attempts to create sim...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first major foray into the MYOG world
March 16, 9:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm