BPL Community Profile

Bob Bankhead (wandering_bob) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon, USA
About Me Bob Bankhead has not added a biography yet.
CityLake Oswego
StateOR
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Bankhead

Showing 101 - 110 of 1288 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...129

Forum » Thread

What to do when encountering nuns on the trail
And I always thought the Mormon missionaries were the serious recruiters. ONWARD, CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS, MARCHING AS TO WAR..... WITH THE CROSS OF JESUS GOING ON BEFORE.

In Chaff » What to do when encountering nuns on the trail
July 11, 7:11am

Where to find these mini ziplocks?
REI usually carries a couple of sizes.

In GEAR » Lightest contact solution bottle - the little stuff...
July 07, 10:15pm

New Skyscape Trekker....just received, and never used....
If you bought it already seam-sealed, why not just return it to SMD for a full refund (less shipping)?

In Gear Swap » New Skyscape Trekker....just received, and never used....
July 05, 10:29pm

double wide sleeping pad
At least 4 manufacturers offer double wide inflatable pads: KELTY double wide Basecamp pad ALPS MOUNTAINEERING lightweight series Double OUTBOUND EQUIPMENT doublewide Rest BIG AGNES Hin...

In GEAR » Double wide sleeping pad?
June 29, 5:15pm

What to do when encountering guns on the trail
SEE? Its working. No one noticed the guns; probably never even saw them in the first place. The eye is drawn elsewhere immediately. The solution is obvious: firearm-toting persons must hike n...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
June 29, 2:28pm

What to do when encountering guns on the trail
I just try to concentrate on the person and ignore the gun. Here is a perfect example on which to practice. That wasn't so hard, was it? I suppose one could also try Craig's metho...

In Chaff » what to do when encountering guns on the trail
June 29, 7:13am

bag/quilt
WM will overfill the bag of your choice if you special-order it through a dealer.

In GEAR » Best 2-bag Sleep System for Deep Winter?
June 25, 10:07pm

CT fire
From the CTF Facebook page today: "BUMMER, WATERTON CANYON CLOSED AGAIN - Rapidly changing fire conditions this Monday June 24 3:30 Mountain Time. Another fire (new, still small) has starte...

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 24, 8:09pm

VVR vs. MTR
VVR and MTR are only 20 miles apart. Which one to use depends on which direction you are hiking. Reds Mdw to VVR = 30 miles VVR to MTR = 20 miles MTR to Onion Valley = 78 miles If going sou...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How much does it cost to ship a ressuply box?
June 22, 9:40am

CT segment 2 closed due to fire
That section burned badly several years ago, starting just south of the river. This fire must be at the other end - past the fire station and the campground.

In Pre-Trip Planning » CT segment 2 closed due to fire
June 19, 7:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Bankhead

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Western Mountaineering The Company
WM products are a 5+ WM the company does not sell direct, only through dealers, ergo end-user contacts would not be expected. Their printed catalogues do list their address and FAX and telephone nu...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 24, 3:33pm

Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
I use a lot of Mountain House Pro Packs and as much as I like the flavor and texture of this item, I avoid it like the plague. The overwhelming downside is the cheese they use. It does NOT rehydra...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
October 05, 5:17pm

Mountain House Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
One of my favorite Mountain House meals, albeit a tad too sweet for my taste; too much pineapple, not enough sour sauce. Nonetheless, it makes a great motivator to get to a dinner spot when I know one...

October 03, 6:26pm

Mountain House Precooked Scrambled Eggs with Bacon
I tried these several years ago when they first came out - no bacon in them then. They were horrible! Like a previous reviewer said, virtually flavorless yellow sponges. Last year I noticed they ha...

October 03, 6:21pm

Gossamer Gear Lightrek 4 Adjustable CF Trekking Poles
I decided not to buy these when they first came out because fully closed they were too long to carry on my pack in checked baggage on the plane, and I really didn't want to hassel with the maili...

In Trekking Poles
September 24, 11:15pm

Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape
I just returned from 22 nights in the high Sierra on the PCT and JMT. I had two days of constant high winds in Onion Valley, with sustained gusts to at least 50 mph. My trusty Gatewood Cape flapped a ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
August 24, 9:23am

Six Moon Designs Traveler backpack
We have TWO Traveler packs. Early in 2008, we were shopping for a new pack for my wife, who has a short 14-1/2 inch torso length. We drove out to Ron's house to try the SMD Essence, but it did not...

In Backpacks - Frameless
April 06, 10:35am

Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Sack
In addition to silnylon, Sea to Summit also now makes their Dry Sack line in eVENT fabric, both with and without compression capability. evac Dry Sack: available in 3, 5, 8, 13, 20, 35, and 65 lite...

In Miscellaneous Products
May 21, 9:08pm

Therm-A-Rest Ridgerest
This has been my "go-to" sleeping pad for many years on the PCT. I've tried a variety of others but keep returning to this little beauty. It does a great job of insulating one from th...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
May 17, 8:26am

Aloksak O.P 12.5 x 20"
I have found them to be quite effective in the Sierras the past two summers. I have a Bearikade Expedition, and if you're not careful, the metal edges around the latches can slice an OP sak wh...

In Miscellaneous Products
August 21, 10:07pm