BPL Community Profile

Charles Jennings (vigilguy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern Utah
About Me Former Mechanical Engineer in the Aerospace Industry. Changed careers to sales and business development.

I own 6 packgoats and really enjoy their companionship and service while on the trail.
CityDeweyville
StateUtah
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Charles Jennings

Showing 101 - 110 of 213 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Field testing vs. Cyber-testing
I am amazed at the skeptical, negative "glass-half-empty" attitudes of some posters on this particular forum, who take upon themselves the role of Forum Police. Reminds me when I used to...

In Gear Deals » New jacket by Valandre' - the Immelman
February 27, 9:17am

Valandre' Immelman
It actually has a baffled hood that conceals inside the collar (on the video). The stitching behind the zipper is such that no draft tubes are needed. Once I had a chance to try it on and go ...

February 22, 5:37pm

New jacket by Valandre' - the Immelman
Scheduled to be in production soon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WO5h7l_764 I had a chance to try it on at this January while Neils was in town for the OR Show. NICE jacket, should be...

February 22, 5:23pm

How much?
How much are you selling them for now, with the "lowered" price? I wear a size 13.

In Gear Swap » FS Inov-8 Roclite 315 size 13
February 21, 8:31am

F/S Bushbuddy Stove with Snowpeak Ti pot included
I am selling a slightly used Bushbuddy stove (regular) with the SnowPeak Ti pot included. I only used it maybe 5 or 6 times. Excellent condition. $100.00 plus $10 shipping for both pieces for ...

In Gear Swap » F/S Bushbuddy Stove with Snowpeak Ti pot included
February 18, 8:44am

What is everyone getting so worked up about?
From an Outsider's point of view- Just reading this LONG thread....looks like Devin has a great design, but has failed to produce the product for consumer use. Is that not the truth? Seems ...

In GEAR » Double walled mini volcano kettle
February 17, 10:06pm

Valandre'
Be careful how you use the EN ratings. In actual experience out in the field, I have used the Shocking Blue down to -20F (actual measured temp outside the tent) and stayed warm. I have customers ...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering or Feathered Friends?
October 10, 6:46am

You may want to consider Valandre' as well for subzero temps.
I would REALLY suggest that you consider a Valandre as well. WM and FF make beautiful bags, no doubt. We own a number of WM bags in our family and enjoy them. But the Shocking Blue or the Freja ...

In GEAR » Western Mountaineering or Feathered Friends?
October 09, 11:36pm

Where is the snow load testing?
No photos of the Moment under 3 feet of wet snow, like the BPL review of the Akto (a few years ago)?

In Editor's Roundtable » Performance Appraisal of the Tarptent Moment
July 28, 8:06am

Free Exped chair kit No longer available
Going to Alabama in the morning.....

In Gear Swap » Exped chair kit (M) for free + shipping
May 09, 9:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Charles Jennings

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Caldera F-Keg Titanium Cone
I had the opportunity to go goatpacking with Josh Leavitt of Ti Goat, who hooked me up with a Ti version of the cone that fits with the Fosters can. As I recall, I had complained about how fragile th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 22, 4:34pm

Valandre Bloody Mary
I have had the chance to test the Bloody Mary over the last few weeks, so this would be an INITIAL REVIEW, with more to follow. The Bloody Mary, rather than a specialized bag which some of Valandre...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
February 21, 3:26pm

Gossamer Gear
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 21, 3:06pm