BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 101 - 110 of 465 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...47

Forum » Thread

Mini Biners
I've been holding out for the cork screw stakes and was planning on ordering some mini biners as well. Are you no longer carrying the biners? I triple checked but don't see them on your sit...

In Gear Deals » Titanium Tent Stakes
January 30, 1:58am

Awesome
Thanks for the great photos and the great writing. I'm going to have to look into visiting this place someday.

In Photo Gallery » Lassen Volcanic National Park
January 30, 1:27am

Re: Re: Waterbobble water bottles
"Wonder if the charcoal filter would fit into a collapsible Platypus bottle?" It shouldn't be hard to smuggle a 1 liter Platy into the local Target. If I get bored in the near f...

In GEAR » Waterbobble water bottles
January 29, 4:08am

Juniper Canyon Pictures
As I said originally my batteries died before we got to Juniper but I finally got Josue's pictures. Here they are for the perusal of those who are interested. Here's Robert huffing it ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Big Bend OML Jan. 6-9, 2011
January 29, 3:23am

Re: Re: So far so good
"I would start out with a certain distance. Lets say 2 or 3 miles, a loop back to your house or starting point. Flat terrain is best for now. Do it several times a week. Run at an easy pace un...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
January 29, 1:11am

Re: Going lighter is simple
"You dont have to weigh every little tidbit and type it into an Excel spreadsheet. Leave that to the folks that can take their spreadsheet to the store and "buy" their weight down.&q...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Gear for the Non-ultralight wanting to go a little lighter
January 28, 6:51pm

Icebreaker
I'm calling dubs if the previous poster falls through.

In Gear Swap » Small closet clearing sale.
January 28, 5:56pm

So far so good
Thanks for the tips and encouragement. I wish I had more elevation to train with but it's pretty flat here. So far I've learned that my technique was pretty flawed. I'm bad about ke...

January 28, 4:34pm

Lighter, Further, Faster (a.k.a. Trail Running)
I'm going to try leaving this pretty brief and see where it goes because I'd love to glean some advice from you guys who do this stuff seriously. I mean, I'm not sure if I'm even as...

January 28, 3:39am

Hadn't checked this thread in a while
It's been a while since I've read this thread but since everyone else is posting how they improvise their Fenix lights I figured I would too. I didn't like the way it hung off my caps b...

In Gear Lists » PCT 2011 Gear List: Feedback VERY Welcomed!
January 28, 2:45am

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.