BPL Community Profile

Susan Papuga (veganaloha) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale USA
About Me Susan Papuga has not added a biography yet.
CityHonolulu
StateHawaii
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListJMT 2012

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Susan Papuga

Showing 101 - 110 of 523 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...53

Forum » Thread

Re: Caldera Cone variants
Dean, This is a truly awesome review of the CC systems! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I am now much better able to understand the differences, purpose and use of tents stak...

In GEAR » New Stove Recommendations
January 17, 2:11pm

Re: FS: Custom Zpacks Bivy
Keth, How does this handle condensation at varying temperature. For example, do you find that it needs to be below a colder temp to avoid condensation? susan

In Gear Swap » FS: Custom Zpacks Bivy
January 17, 1:52pm

Re: OPen spaces
+1 for Mongolia, the grasslands and Gobi desert are both phenomenal places to visit, if you get a hankering for some trees, you can head north towards Russia and be in taiga-like forests.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Wide open spaces - best places in the world to hike long distances in vast open landscapes
January 12, 5:16am

MRE or HDR?
Greg, You may have a civilian MRE or a Humanitarian Daily Ration (HDR) since you say it came from a Hurricane Sandy relief effort. HDRs conatin 2200 total calories and are meant to be a full da...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New to MRE's
January 12, 5:10am

Re: JMT permits
If you know your dates, then applying for the advance permits would be worth it. However, if you need a flexible schedule, then I'd try walking in, but you would need to get there early to hav...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT permits
January 11, 4:14am

Re: New Stove Recommendations
Duane, Great feedback, thanks! I'm looking at the CCs now. I will probably hold on to my brasslite until I find something I like better. Other than discoloration and the simmer sleeve stu...

January 11, 2:31am

Re: jmt question
We had pretty solid rain, along with hail, for more than two weeks in August 2012 on the JMT. I understand from other BPL members that 2012 was an anonomaly, but I would have my rain gear ready to...

In GEAR » jmt question
January 10, 2:24am

Re: REI and Evernew and Tiware
Brasslite sells Evernew Ti pots - see brasslite.com

In GEAR » REI and Evernew and Tiware
January 10, 2:10am

Re: My first quilt - one quilt, all seasons, room to move
I have a katabatic gear palisade that I really love. it's perfect at 30F and a little below. I think KG is conservative with their ratings such that the quilts are actually warmer than rated....

In GEAR » My first quilt - one quilt, all seasons, room to move
January 08, 7:38pm

New Stove Recommendations
Thanks all! I started looking at the Caldra Cones and I must say that I find the website descriptions of each product confusing as to the differences between models. Not to mention the cost. S...

January 08, 7:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Susan Papuga

Susan Papuga has posted no reviews.