BPL Community Profile

Tony Ronco (tr-browsing) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Tony Ronco hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Tony Ronco has not added a biography yet.
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Ronco

Showing 101 - 110 of 241 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...25

Forum » Thread

Article or Ad?
+1 on that this "article" is pure ad ... Article Title Could have been more transparent on its intent - From the title, I was hoping that the article would have a market review, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Group Cooking
September 06, 10:06am

Re: Make UL lantern out of headlamp?
Are you aware of this: It is a crushable lantern shade (0.18 oz) designed to use your headlamp. Here is the link: http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=52&p_id=1124462 Buy ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Make UL lantern out of headlamp?
July 24, 10:47am

Re: "Mainly an adult issue"
Michael D, One line in your post troubled me. That issue raised in this thread are "mainly an adult issue". Let me respectfully suggest that issues such as LNT are not mainly an adult...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Philmont Journal - Part 1
July 20, 6:16pm

RE: Trees and Concentrated Impact
While it is nice to hear about the stand-off sticks, it is too bad the trees are being used as belay pins to provide enough friction to control the rope when lowering down the bear bags ... yup, th...

July 20, 5:52pm

RE: Philmont Rules
Thanks Mike for your efforts. RE: LNT - I agree with your observations on garbage disposal an LNT method would be better. In addition, on our last trip in 2011, the bear bag ropes wrapped ...

July 19, 11:59pm

Re: Backpacking with heavyweighters without preaching
Like John, I'm involved in Scouts where many times Be Prepared is interpreted to mean "Have a lot of stuff" rather than "Know a lot of stuff" In that context, here is a ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking with heavyweighters
July 07, 5:29pm

RE: Contoured design acting as a de-facto frame
Not attempting to answer for Lawson here, but hopefully offering additional information for consideration: Way back in the day, Jensen frameless packs were contoured design too & attempted ...

In Gear Deals » Semi-Custom Backpacks
July 06, 7:42pm

RE: Balaclava (sub 1.5 oz)
I really like the Patagonia Capilene 4 Balaclava (HE). It's a great piece for me. 1.2 oz, compacts down very small, nicely warm, stretchy, and very breathable (It is made from Polartec Power...

In GEAR » Favorite balaclava (sub 1.5 oz)
July 04, 12:27pm

White Peak Fire is about 3 Miles South of Philmont
FYI: (as quoted from Philmont's webpage) "The Whites Peak Fire is located about 3 miles south of Philmont’s southern property line. It is approximately 850 acres in size. Fire crews h...

In Philmont » White Peak Fire is about 3 Miles South of Philmont
June 14, 7:49am

RE: What would John Muir take?
For your consideration: hmm, Bread Satchel, Coat Pockets full of stuff, a Sierra Cup hanging off of one of his coat's button holes ... a prime example of Chouinard's saying "The m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight and the 10 Essentials
June 09, 1:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Tony Ronco

Tony Ronco has posted no reviews.