BPL Community Profile

Tom Lyons (towaly) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Smoky Mtns.
About Me Likes the outdoors.
StateTN
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tom Lyons

Showing 101 - 110 of 299 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...30

Forum » Thread

re
To me, it sounds like you should shop for a bug shelter that fits your tall size, and then just run a large flat tarp, maybe a 2-person size tarp, in the pitch of your choice that works with the bu...

In GEAR » Really need some shelter help.
October 10, 7:31pm

Long Term Storage Food.
For backpackers and such, it's really not necessary to buy 15-year lifetime storage food for meals. While the MH pouches are convenience packaged, there are many other options when you don'...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Mountain House Beef Stew -- not impressed
October 06, 10:38am

size
Well, being tall as you are, you can manage a longer cape or poncho when you wear it as rain gear. I do think you are a bit too tall for the Gatewood Cape, unless you are a side sleeper that doe...

In GEAR » Poncho-Tarp "Sizing" Question
October 05, 3:29am

Re: Gatewood
I previously used a 5x8 flat tarp, which is the size of the Golite poncho tarp. Using that size tarp was the reason that I moved to the Gatewood. After a few nights in the heavy rainy season und...

In GEAR » Gatewood Cape vs ?
September 30, 10:18am

Sleep on it.
There are many user comments about the short NeoAir pads being somewhat too thick and there is a "drop-off" to the leg area which can be a deal-breaker for some people. Also, there are c...

In GEAR » Small NeoAir Xlite...actual weight?
September 29, 12:53pm

Re: Re: Bradley Alias II
Yes, I spent a good amount of time comparing the Chris Reeve Sebenza to the Bradley Alias. In the end, I felt that the Bradley Alias was the better knife for me. The shape fits my hand better. I&...

In GEAR » EDC Knife
September 28, 5:36pm

Bradley Alias II
I carry a Bradley Alias II folding frame-lock knife with titanium frame and 2.95" S30V blade. Weighs 3 ounces. Awesome EDC knife.

In GEAR » EDC Knife
September 28, 3:27pm

Hogback
If I wanted a big luxurious roomy tent for two, I'd buy the 4-person Tarptent Hogback and split the weight up for carry. Thirty-two ounces for me carrying the outer, and thirty-two ounces for t...

In GEAR » Luxurious ultralight tents for two; price per oz
September 28, 6:28am

Re: I can fix that
Yup. That works, but needs to be re-done periodically. Not difficult. That's what most people do who get the loose ones.

In GEAR » Quick look: Olight i2 EOS AA LED flashlight
September 27, 2:15pm

Twisty variances
One thing to note on many of these Chinese twisty lights, especially known about the Olight and 4 Sevens lights, the threads are not always consistent, and the twisty function is sometimes affected...

In GEAR » Quick look: Olight i2 EOS AA LED flashlight
September 27, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Tom Lyons

Tom Lyons has posted no reviews.