BPL Community Profile

Michael Ray (topshot) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Middle-aged father who got into backpacking late (2009) and wants to encourage his 16 and 7 year old sons to backpack lightweight. Video trip reports of all the adventures so far are on my YT site below.
StateIndiana
My Website URLhttp://www.youtube.com/user/topshotrhit
My PDF Gear ListMaroon Bells - August 2011

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Michael Ray

Showing 101 - 110 of 1028 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...103

Forum » Thread

Missing hiker on Mt Hood found
Didn't see that Eric Chan already posted this. PCT 2010 alumnus apparently.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing hiker on Mt Hood found
March 31, 11:30am

Re: Hanging food to prevent Mice/Rodents from pillaging
I made a flat disc from a pie pan that I put above the clip that held my food bag. Don't know if a critter ever tried. I haven't used it since those 10 days in the Smokies since I now us...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hanging food to prevent Mice/Rodents from pillaging
March 30, 7:08pm

Re: Chlorine vs chlorine dioxide
It was me, not Colin, that had responded. I also use just plain household bleach and carry a Frontier Pro, but have never actually used it. The likelihood of cysts is quite small in reality and I t...

In GEAR » That "Hydration Revolution" from Sawyer
March 15, 3:14pm

Re: FS: Patagonia Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Crew Men's Large
Are these still available? My son has outgrown the M size. :(

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Capilene 4 Expedition Weight Crew Men's Large
March 15, 2:59pm

Pending payment
Sold pending funds.

In Gear Swap » FS/FT: New Patagonia Sunshade shirt (Men's M)
March 15, 9:23am

Re: Re: tarp from 2 mil plastic
Edit: guess I can't post ONLY a link. Polycryo is superior to painter's plastic I also use my DriDucks jacket as a half bivy to protect the bottom of my bag.

In Make Your Own Gear » Gear Hacking Goodness : Duct Tape, Tyvek, Subway bags, and other magical materials
March 15, 7:01am

Re: tarp from 2 mil plastic

In Make Your Own Gear » Gear Hacking Goodness : Duct Tape, Tyvek, Subway bags, and other magical materials
March 15, 6:59am

Re: Waist size
This was a major design flaw for them IMNSHO, and am disappointed they have not corrected it yet. You cannot cinch it down below 33". Guess everyone with large torsos is thick, too. The torso ...

In Gear Swap » GoLite Jam 50L
March 15, 6:42am

Re: MLD now has SAWYER bladders in stock
I think Travis meant to say Sawyer. :) Or have they subbed it out to Evernew? :P Edit: I stand corrected. I see they sell both Evernew and Sawyer (but not the new Sawyer bladders w/o the filter ...

In GEAR » MLD now has Evernew bladders in stock
March 15, 6:37am

Re: pull-on sun shirt as baselayer: does it exist?
I wouldn't think such exists. I agree with Ben that it would need to stretch to be a pullover (or upsize), which would also mean skeeters could bite through it. Anything that would repel skeete...

In GEAR » pull-on sun shirt as baselayer: does it exist?
March 15, 6:33am

All Reader Reviews by Michael Ray

Michael Ray has posted no reviews.