Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jeremy Greene (tippymcstagger) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me Jeremy Greene has not added a biography yet.
CityArlington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jeremy Greene

Showing 101 - 110 of 327 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...33

Forum » Thread

Double quilt width
Javan, "I'm guessing just combining the width of two quilts isn't the answer..I figured the width of two sleeping pads, plus an allowance of, how many inches?" In my mind yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Advice on MYOG two-part modular, two person quilt.
January 19, 9:54pm

rain pants ankle opening
I have never found it useful to use ankle zips. You are just distributing the muck on your soles throughout the inside of your pants. I don't get it. If someone can explain it better I am open.

In Make Your Own Gear » Rain Pants
January 19, 1:36pm

pocket drainage
Rusty, My old Lowe pack has grommets for this. They are located too high and would hold water. I don't ever remember having water in there. I also don't remember a time when I should ha...

In GEAR » Question about ULA packs
January 19, 10:35am

What are you carrying Lynn?
I remember reading about your double quilt, but what else?

In GEAR » New pack needed. Must fit full Ridgerest inside
January 18, 4:55pm

golite weights
I think it is an error. There seem to be others in the light backpack category.

In GEAR » Golite has Officially Lost Their Mind
January 18, 10:03am

got Golite Pinnacle, no more excuses!
I turned down a trip with some great folks this weekend because I didn't want my old de-laminated pack to soak up the expected rain. I might have used my smaller pack, but it only fits my infla...

January 18, 12:31am

Bad title. Actually looking for advice, not wtb.
But I am tempted Lynn.

January 17, 2:01pm

Re: Wenger v Vic
They are owned by the same company as of 5 years ago: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_army_knife#Victorinox_and_Wenger We have an example of each. My old Wenger has serrated scissors. Wife...

In GEAR » knife input needed
January 17, 1:56pm

New pack needed. Must fit full Ridgerest inside
I need to replace my highly modified Lowe Contour 3 (unless you convince me to re-coat the fabric). My other pack is a Golite Breeze but too small for wet 30F nights. Specs: Base weight 10# (+ ...

January 16, 4:26pm

temperature?
or at least time of year?

In GEAR » Sweater/ Jacket recemendation
January 16, 3:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Jeremy Greene

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Littlbug Wood Burning Stove Littlbug Junior
I have some, but not enough experience with campfires and this stove seems like a good tool for me. My MYOG attempts were not satisfactory. This stove will let me dispose of my laundry lint and avoid ...

In Stoves - Other
February 09, 4:10pm

Ben's Backwoods Online Retailer
He caters more to the bushcraft market than the UL market. Good selection of Moras. Shipping cost is reasonable. When I destroyed my plastic handled Mora Triflex with poor baton technique, he let m...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 09, 3:37pm

Golite Pinnacle Pack
Bigger company: Found this for a good sale price and at my door in 5 days. It is visually appealing too. Impression: Haven't used it yet, but inspected and started trimming. First use will be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 21, 2:38pm

MSR E-Wing
Good: *Sil-nylon cat cut tarp, elongated hexagon. *Small and light. *Can purchase with REI gift cards! *Use as dining fly or windbreak for 2, awning, minimal solo shelter, etc. *MSR suitably answ...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 13, 2:05pm

Golite Ultra 20
Limited testing so far. Hope to add. I got it 2nd hand (but unused). Even at full price it is reasonable. Good materials, design, and build. Full baffle construction going *both ways* means that do...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
January 13, 12:03pm

Allen & Mike's Really Cool Backpackin' Book 2001
Light/UL/SUL books sometimes offer instruction for fast and light travel in optimal conditions. This book is not for lightweight, but gives more universal aspects of backpacking. The text covers th...

In Books and Media
October 28, 12:38pm

Backpacking Light MiniDrop 0.35-oz Dropper Bottles (7 pack)
The good has been clearly stated. The not-so-good: -orange and red are too similar -could use a ridge on tip for easier removal and filling edit: ridge not needed. Just push 90 degrees to tip.

In Miscellaneous Products
October 21, 8:08am

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
Very well organized. The crucial topics are touched. Combining the illustrations with the text allows for a brief overview or an in-depth visualization. As little as 1/2 hour of skimming gives a wealt...

In Books and Media
September 13, 11:00am

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
If you have just stumbled onto this website, I highly recommend getting offline and reading this book. It covers many (perhaps most) of the topics repeatedly discussed here. It is well organized. It m...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:41pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
The Book of the Bivvy jumps about, but mainly covers two subjects: bivvy bags and hillwalking in the UK. Though I've found several books on hillwalking, this is currently the only book I know of f...

In Books and Media
September 12, 2:28pm