BPL Community Profile

Gordon Smith (swearingen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Portland, Oregon
About Me http://www.facebook.com/people/Gordon-Smith/100000899587475
CityPortland
StateOregon
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://pixelhorse.smugmug.com/
My PDF Gear ListGear List (4-day, summer, mountains, dry weather)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gordon Smith

Showing 101 - 110 of 242 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...25

Forum » Thread

Chaff
>>The rest of this is feeling like Chaffe.<< Yeah, sheesh. Apparently we can make anything into a controversy here at BPL. G

In GEAR » Emergency book
March 09, 8:49pm

Sqaull 2
A Tarptent Squall 2 is pretty palacial for one person plus dog. It was so roomy I got a Contrail to save some bulk and weight. The Contrail is definitely more cozy, but works OK for my dog & I....

In GEAR » UL Solo Tent for me and my dog?
March 06, 5:27pm

Bail
Drill a couple holes in your pot and put a bail on it. More ideas in this thread. edit to add: Drilling Ti may not be that easy. I'd do some searches in the MYOG section on the topic. Punc...

In GEAR » is a pot lifter necessary? What's lightest?
March 06, 10:15am

Bug Filter
>>In the way old days, some people used to buy a Volkswagen bug fuel filter and hook it up in a gravity feed arrangement with a 15 foot head of water. << Multi-use. I like it.

In GEAR » Aquamira Amount on PCT
March 05, 12:31am

RE: ULC Caldera Cone for SP 600
Thought I'd post an update on the Snow Peak 600 ULC Cone. First let me say Rand & Russ (Trail Designs) are awesome. They knocked out a custom Ti ULC Cone for my SP600 in a couple days, and ...

In GEAR » Stoves / Kitchen
March 03, 7:30pm

Picaridin
I don't like DEET. It's not a safety concern for me, I just can't stand the smell. For the last several years I've been using picaridin products with varying results. I started out...

In Philosophy & Technique » Diluting Deet?
February 26, 1:08am

Beverage Blasphemy
It may be blasphemy to this group, but here's backcountry caffeine delivery distilled to perfection:

In GEAR » Nifty loose leaf tea infuser
February 25, 5:21pm

Mora Clipper
The Mora Clipper is also a good choice. With any luck you won't need it though. The Bushbuddy will boil two cups of water with just a couple handfuls of small twigs. The twigs neeedn't be b...

In GEAR » Wood cutting knife?
February 23, 3:29am

Will's Review
I thought Will's review was quite positive: BPL's Contrail Review One of the main reasons I bought a Contrail last year was that review. In the discussion forum that follows the revie...

In GEAR » Tarptent Contrail Not BPL Recommended?
February 15, 10:00am

Wallowas Southern Loop
A few years ago I did the southern loop mentioned earlier by Mary D. It's about 38 miles total, a little more if you make the side jaunt to the summit of Eagle Cap. I can't recommend it eno...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Wallowas in late July
February 14, 12:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Gordon Smith

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Trail Designs Caldera ULC Cone for Snow Peak 600 mug
The Caldera ULC Cone is the compact version of the original Caldera Cone that Trail Designs has been making for several years. The great benefit of the ULC Cones is that they're designed to fit in...

In Stoves - Alcohol
March 05, 1:32am