BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 101 - 110 of 374 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Soylent Experiments
He'll I'd try it! Would love something like this for the majority of my meals. Not something I'd replace all food with, but would be nice for the majority of my day to day non restauran...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Soylent Experiments
March 19, 2:09pm

Re: Soylent Experiments
It's made of people!!! Cool, but how many calories per ounce?!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Soylent Experiments
March 19, 1:46pm

Re: Rainier is a strange one
"They prohibit all backcountry fires now, as far as I know. (http://www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/wilderness-guidelines-and-regulations.htm). On the bulleted list of prohibited items, it ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is a tiny wood-fuelled stove a campfire?
March 19, 12:50pm

@ Roger. Re: Smallest volume pack...
Roger: So which pack do the "contents fit better in"? The tall, narrow tube, or the short, squat roll top?

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 19, 1:47am

try the straps
personally, i don't grip my poles other than to guide it between my thumb and forefinger. I put my actual weight on the wrist strap. If you use yours like I do, then the squishiness may not be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG ergo trekking pole grips. Which materials? Also, attached pic.
March 18, 9:25am

Re: BA Scout UL2
there was a thread on this not long ago. someone bought it and returned it. seemed like the rear pole being inside encroached on the actual usable floor space inside

In GEAR » New Big Agnes SCOUT UL2
March 18, 9:17am

Re: Donut shaped center draft alcohol stove
That is a pretty awesome little stove!!! I would be interested to see you play with the hole sizes though. I wonder what a larger amount of smaller, needle holes would do to the boil times and fil...

In Make Your Own Gear » Donut shaped center draft alcohol stove
March 15, 1:09pm

Re: Stuff sacks for sleeping bags
Personally, I've been using a small trash bag. Put trash bag in bottom of pack, stuff sleeping bag into trash bag. Smash it down as small as possible and work out all the air, then just twist a...

In GEAR » Stuff sacks for sleeping bags
March 14, 12:58am

Re: Optimizing my Esbit Performance and other adventures in reinventing the wheel.
I'd have to dig up the thread where I listed all the info, but I think my modified caldera cone system weighs 2.5 or 3oz total, and brings 16 oz to a boil with just over half a tab. Easily get ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Optimizing my Esbit Performance and other adventures in reinventing the wheel.
March 11, 12:25pm

@ Jake Re: skin out weight
Jake: How dare you question me! Haha, just kidding. Seriously though, here is my reasoning behind the idea: 1) Standard days - makes it easy to calculate your consumables, and since, as yo...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 11, 1:25am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.