BPL Community Profile

Stephen Nelson (stephenn6289) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me I am 18 years old an an avid hiker who just recently converted to the ultralight way of thinking. I hate that I live about 8 hours away from my favorite national park-Great Smoky Mountains National park. I love backpacking with my friends and family and am looking forward to what the future may bring.
CityOcala
StateFlorida
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.xanga.com/stephenn6289
My PDF Gear ListAT in June

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Nelson

Showing 101 - 110 of 112 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
Thanks mark. I am sold on the shorts and tights idea. I just need to select a pair. My research on the Golite baseline was good, and I really like them. Did you use the golite spandex boxer-briefs?...

In GEAR » Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
January 05, 3:04pm

Re: Titanium Pot Durability
I have a .9 L evernew titanium that is very durable. With patience, I have even cooked for 4 people with it. I just heated water like Denis, but it has always been plenty if you don't mind doin...

In GEAR » Antigravity Gear Pot Feedback
January 04, 8:22pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
hey scott, yeah that is weird. But there is more, I love digital slr photography too. are you a UF student?

January 04, 8:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
so, should I even bother with the new balance tights or whould the chapps be enough?

January 04, 1:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
thanks again, you all are a wealth of info. I like the sound of those shorts, but I am tempted by the cheeper GoLite Motion shorts that also weigh less (5 oz vs 8 oz). I also don't typically pu...

January 03, 2:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
Thanks Shawn, I don't mind pushing the limits on being comfortable, so I think I'll stick with what I have. I can always do some push-ups or jumping jacks to warm up too. Worst case scenari...

January 02, 2:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
Thank you Shawn, I will be going from Springer to the Double Spring Gap Shelter, so you certainly know the area. I'm not one of those Floridians that freaks out when it gets below 50, Cold weat...

January 02, 11:50am

Re: Re: Questions regarding all layers of clothing for the AT in may/June
Thanks pamela, I appreciate your insight. I don't think that I will need the sports bra. I also don't mind cutting it close on safety/warmth because I can always just climb in my sleeping b...

January 02, 8:24am

Florida boy in the mountains
If the HTML works, here are some pictures from my latest adventure Alabama mountains behind my hammock My view from bed, notice the drop right next to me.

In Photo Gallery » Florida boy in the mountains
January 02, 1:43am

Florida and Go Lite
Hey Scott, It is nice to see another human from Central Florida on this site, you definately have the right idea here. I recently purchased a GoLite poncho/tarp and gound it to be a fine product. I...

In GEAR » Hammock and a GoLite Poncho/Tarp
January 01, 7:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Nelson

Showing 1 - 10 of 17 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Inov8 Flyroc 310
These are designed as trail running shoes, which makes them perfect for lightweight backpacking. They have lots of heel cushion, excellent grip, good fit for me, and are light. Mine are a size 13 and ...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 22, 9:59pm

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
I had a lot of questions when ordering from Jacks R Better. They promptly answered 2 emails and I called them. Jack himself answered the phone and descibed everything very clearly. I placed my order a...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 27, 8:32pm

Jacks R Better Stealth
Disclaimer:this is merely first impresions, as I have yet to test this quilt in the field yet. I find the quality of this quilt to be great. It is very well designed. I own the long size and it is ...

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
February 27, 8:25pm

Gorillapod SLR
an amazingly useful and sturdy tripod for even heavy SLR cameras. It is light (5.8 oz) and very durable. I love it

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 25, 12:20pm

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
If weight comes before longevity, this may be the one for you. It is a good length for me (6 feet) if I place it from my shoulder to my lower back. It durability is definitley limited.

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
January 25, 12:18pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
This is the best light I have used. It is small, light (.4 oz), and more useful than a headlamp. Its handly clip attaches to any hat brim or shirt. It also has some amazing microprocessor features whi...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 25, 12:14pm

McNett AquaMira Water Treatment
This si the lightest and best water treatment I have used yet. It is easy(no pumping), fast (add it and go, but you still have to wait 30 min. to consume), but a little on the expensive side. Over tim...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
January 25, 12:12pm

MSR Whisperlite regular
My rating is $ sensitive here. It really depends on what you are looking for. What I like best about it is is high fuel efficiency and ability to cook for a large number of people (I have done 4). The...

In Stoves - White Gas
January 25, 12:08pm

North Face Beeline 900
it is one of the lightest full covering mummies available. It is very soft, light, and compressable. I like its weight a lot too, just 20.5 oz for a large size. It is a great sleeping bag.

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 25, 12:05pm

Evernew .9 Liter pot
Very good pot, with some minor imperfections. I like that it is light and durable. but the handle insulator tend to burn up if you don't watch them and the lid is rather heavy. other than that it ...

In Cookware - Titanium
January 25, 12:02pm