BPL Community Profile

Pete Staehling (staehpj1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pete Staehling hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Pete Staehling has not added a biography yet.
CityBaltimore
StateMD Maryland
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Pete Staehling

Showing 101 - 110 of 329 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...33

Forum » Thread

Bivy
I have done a month long and a 9 day (bicycle) trip using an REI bivy and it worked out OK. It was kind of heavy and pretty sticky inside if and bugs forced me inside on a hot night. I managed th...

In GEAR » New to the bivy world. Looking for advice and tips!
June 15, 2:22pm

Must have been a different Nescafe
I tried some individual serving Nescafe packets and found them pretty awful. I do not recall the specific product name on the package.

In GEAR » how to cut coffee weight
June 13, 12:44pm

Yes
Yes I have and have used some thrift store stuff for bicycle touring and backpacking. Nothing in my current rotation is from a thrift store though. While not from a thrift store, I do use a kay...

In GEAR » Thrift stores.
June 13, 12:41pm

Eggs
I recently had a chance to eat powdered eggs from Honeyville and they were not too bad. I also had some Rancher's Cut freeze dried scrambled eggs recently and really like them especially wit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » dried eggs or freeze dried? Need some advice for a good choice/flavor
June 13, 7:43am

At what temp do you forego sleeping-specific insulation entirely?
I don't think I have ever been on a trip of any length where there wasn't a reasonable chance for a cold night. I have slept without anything over me for a night here or there, but even wh...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » At what temp do you forego sleeping-specific insulation entirely?
June 12, 5:41pm

Flash 45
I am pretty happy with my REI Flash 45 so far. It is light, cheap, and comfortable. When I am not carrying a bear canister or much food I also like the Flash 30.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Non-Cuben internal frame backpack?
June 12, 8:15am

100+
Sad Story. I don't think I could call off my trips at 100F or even 105F without practically giving up entirely. That may be an exaggeration, but it seems like my long distance bicycle tours...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Temp of 115 kills hiker
June 11, 10:58am

Go
Why on earth wouldn't you?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
June 11, 5:36am

Coffee
The best way to cut weight on coffee is to just forgo it. That is my usual approach for the backcountry. It has the benefit that when I get to towns along the way or get back home the coffee tast...

In GEAR » how to cut coffee weight
June 09, 7:39am

You original plan
Your original plan sounded good to me. I have gone with similar quite often and been happy with the combination. It covers a wide range of conditions.

In Gear Lists » Beating a dead wind pant horse
June 07, 9:29am

All Reader Reviews by Pete Staehling

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Thermarest Neo-Air
I love my NeoAir (size regular). It is light, comfy, and packs small. I agree that for the price a patch kit should be included, but I don't miss the stuff sack. I have been using a ziploc ba...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
March 23, 12:04pm