BPL Community Profile

spelt ! (spelt) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Things I do: hike, camp, packraft, dive, XC ski

Things I'd like to do: easy rock climbing and canyoneering, more winter camping, more off-trail trips, and learn to telemark ski (it just looks so swooshy and cool). also, packraft MOAR.

Things I don't do: run, unless a rugby ball is in the vicinity. bike, unless it's casual, commuting, low-speed, or otherwise not hardcore.
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://equilibriumsands.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by spelt !

Showing 101 - 110 of 1242 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...125

Forum » Thread

Re: Hokas - ankles
That's good to hear about the stability. I think I personally would be better served by continuing to strengthen my feet and balance at this point, and a thinner sole has helped with that.

In GEAR » Backpacking in "maximalist" shoes? (ie.Hoka One One)
January 09, 6:21am

the real questions
So the real questions are: Why do you backpack? What do you get out of it? What is your relationship to the wilderness? What do you learn about the natural world? What do you learn about you...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 09, 6:16am

I like padding, but no
I put a cushy insole in my inov8s, but the height of these things are an ankle sprain waiting to happen.

In GEAR » Backpacking in "maximalist" shoes? (ie.Hoka One One)
January 08, 8:29pm

Re: Carrying Only Smartphone on Backpack Trip? That's So 2013.
But what if I don't want a cyberpunk dystopia?

In GEAR » Carrying Only Cellphone on Backpack Trip? That's So 2013.
January 08, 9:53am

Re: pizza pizza!
I think we can all agree that Chicago style pizza is pizza in the same way that a 60 lb overnight pack is UL. ;)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
January 07, 2:58pm

Re: Repair Kit?
Zip ties, safety pins, gumbands, binder clips, omnitape, tenacious tape, and UV cure aquaseal. I keep meaning to add needle and thread and some spare cordage but haven't yet. I also have a m...

In GEAR » Your Repair Kit Contents
January 07, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Re: TSA Absurdity
You can kill someone with a pen or pencil if you try hard enough. Those will be next to go. Oh, but at least you can use your phone in-flight now.

In Chaff » TSA Absurdity
January 07, 7:37am

Re: Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
Thanks, guys. Glad you liked it.

In On the Web » Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
January 05, 9:22pm

Re: Finally happened - buzzed on the trail by Drones (UAV's)
Uck.

In Chaff » Finally happened - buzzed on the trail by Drones (UAV's)
January 05, 8:16pm

Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
I follow this guy b/c he seems to genuinely enjoy eating. I especially agree with the points about stock and the problematic framing of "cheat" meals. http://thedomesticman.com/2014/01...

In On the Web » Three Years Paleo and lessons learned
January 04, 9:48am

All Reader Reviews by spelt !

spelt ! has posted no reviews.