BPL Community Profile

Joe Kuster (slacklinejoe) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Flatirons
About Me I'm the president of Slackline Express. We make slacklines (think of it as a backyard tight rope) but also manage an outsourced sewing shop for lightweight backpacking gear designers. We do industrial sewing, cutting, and assembly here in Colorado.
CityLongmont
StateCO
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.slacklineexpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Joe Kuster

Showing 101 - 110 of 361 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...37

Forum » Thread

Barefoot Running and Shoe Companies
>>Hydropel seemed to slick up the footbeds of my vibrams a lot. >Is that a bad thing? Yes, the inside of the shoes are essentially fake leather and rubber - neither absorb the lubrica...

In GEAR » Barefoot Running and Shoe Companies
April 23, 6:41pm

>Im thinking that companies who make shoes know that low income people tend to have more physical jobs... Actually, my mother worked in the shoe industry for 25 years. The answer is far simpl...

April 23, 10:22am

Hydropel seemed to slick up the footbeds of my vibrams a lot. No mesh or fabric to absorb excess.

April 23, 10:03am

>Can you share any experience backpacking barefoot or with very minimal soles (other than the 5 fingers)? Yes. I've used extremely thin sandals (no idea what brand) for a long time before...

April 22, 11:29pm

> I think you need to give them more time. Keep in mind, I'm performing for hours each day barefoot already and have been for 6 years. From everything I've read, I worked into as rec...

April 22, 6:57pm

More of a repost from a similar thread earlier this week but here's my 2 cents: First off, I've actually tried this since I received a pair of Vibram 5 Finger shoes to review for work. I...

April 22, 5:47pm

Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro
Good job Ron! Of course, some of the photos were a "Where's Waldo" with spotting some of my equipment. :)

In Editor's Roundtable » Tools and Techniques to Sew Like a Pro
April 22, 11:27am

Most calorically dense food with no dry heaving
I don't know the exact weight / calorie ratio, but Mike's Super Spackel recipie in the Bio-Groovy article has got to be up there. Tastey too, you can actually eat a decent amount of daily c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Most calorically dense food with no dry heaving
April 20, 10:06pm

Wag Bag
PCV pipe has been used by climbers on big walls for years. Build a Poop Tube It ain't light weight, but it's not going to leak or break.

In GEAR » Carrying Your Sh*t
April 20, 9:41pm

Lightweight Rope
Thinner ropes = shorter life span yes. For alpine use and such, ropes either are used little or they are retired relatively soon. It really depends on your use. For a comparison, simply google &quo...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight Rope
April 20, 10:34am

All Reader Reviews by Joe Kuster

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Garmin Oregon 400T
Note: This review reflects using Beta Firmware v. 2.86 released Feb 4, 2009. My wife bought me the 400T as a birthday present. Now that I've had time to use it in the field tramping around Roc...

In Navigation Gear & Accessories
February 14, 2:55pm

PossumDown Glove Liner Gloves
I tried my best to like these gloves but even treated with the utmost caution my pair only lasted 1 trip before starting to show significant wear. By the end of the second trip, I had holes in both g...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 29, 1:08am

GlobalStar SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker
I have to wonder if some of the units out there are possibly defective judging from other reviews. I've had mine since they first came out and I have apparently had a radically different exper...

In Miscellaneous Products
March 17, 10:23pm

Mountain House Beef Stew
Actually, it just goes to show different tastes for different folks. After a heavy exertion day the Mountain House stew is usually one of my favorites. I have only noticed it being a bit salty wheneve...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
January 24, 10:13am

FlexAir Pillow Dual Compartment Ultralight
I've used one on six trips so far. It is definately a discussion piece and it's incredibly light weight. It took a little trial and error with it to find my comfort range, which is about half ...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 07, 1:05pm

MiniBull Designs Atomic (with stand)
This is one of the first commercial alcohol stoves I've worked with. It does exactly what it says it should and it does work fairly well. It does have a higher capacity for longer burn time, it do...

In Stoves - Alcohol
November 22, 9:08am

Evernew Nonstick Titanium 0.9 L Pot
It's non-stick titanium, how cool is that. The reality is that it does live up to most of the hype and it is a solid performer. It has a wide base and is very efficent. It is about the perfect volume ...

In Cookware - Titanium
November 22, 8:43am

Marmot Atom
At 16oz this is an excellent option for warm weather 3 season backpacking. The compressibility of this bag is phenomonal. It is unusual to find a summer oriented bag with a full hood & draft collar, m...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
November 22, 8:36am

Marmot Atom Mens Regular 40 Degree
Please Delete, put in wrong category

In Sleeping Bags - Quilts & Top Bags
November 22, 8:33am

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
As always, it depends on your need. If you find other stoves finicky and would like a complete cooking system that just "works", it's possible you'll like the JB. For trips where ...

In Stoves - Canister
October 04, 8:21pm