BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 101 - 110 of 1060 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...106

Forum » Thread

Best Headlamp
>> With the Vizz on the highest 150 lumen setting with 3 AAA lithiums you get 110 hrs. << The Vizz would certainly be the market leader if it could output a 150 lm for 110 hours! I ...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 21, 2:25pm

Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
>> I like to keep my shelter packed at the top of my pack and I don't see how that would work with the SS1 unless I strapped it on the outside. << This was one of the biggest c...

In GEAR » Wet Weather Shelter Philosophy
October 21, 12:44am

Best Headlamp
>> I then looked for the lightest regulated flashlight that would put out 60 lumens all night (10+ hours). Well there isn't one made yet << Interesting comment and I have always...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 19, 3:26pm

DeLorme inReach SE
So here's something that might be of interest for those of you that are inReach users outside of the USA. Most of the messages that I send from my inReach go to email addresses but on my mos...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
October 19, 1:28am

Best Headlamp
While I like a good headlight, sometimes the best light isn't in a headlight format. I picked up this headband a while back and it's been quite good. The headband has a velcro closure...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 18, 4:56pm

Best Headlamp
>> Where do you find stock for these zebralights? << Unfortunately your timing is bad. Zebralight has just released a few new products and when they do this they move their existing...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 18, 3:48pm

Best Headlamp
Unfortunately, the seller having a good return policy doesn't help me if it breaks in the backcountry. I've destroyed several of the plastic headlamps (broken housing, broken switches...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 16, 10:36am

Best Headlamp
You have to be careful with regulated lights. I bought a Fenix HL21 which is a fully regulated, single AA headlight that is reasonably bright and offers a few brightness options that work well fo...

In GEAR » Best Headlamp
October 16, 10:12am

Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek UL1
I've had my Fly Creek UL1 for 4 years and have not seen any abnormal wear. I have never used more than 6 stakes to set mine up. I have never had any issue with rain getting in but I am ...

In GEAR » Looking for: Long-Term Durability of the BA Fly Creek UL1
October 08, 9:38pm

H52W AA
Zebralight's page says that pre-orders will start shipping on Oct 18, 2013. I've placed my order.

In GEAR » Zebralight H51 / H31 discontinued
September 27, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm