BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 101 - 110 of 1110 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...111

Forum » Thread

The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
I always carry a little extra guy line to extend the lines so that they can reach the ground if needed when I'm setting up on a platform. In the picture below I used rocks on one end, extended...

In GEAR » The Notch, in the wind, on a platform
January 09, 12:30am

DeLorme inReach SE
>> It is easier to store waypoints on a GPS receiver, then transfer those to any map once home again << Ahhh, but that would mean you'd have to carry a GPS receiver! I can leav...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
January 07, 1:48pm

inReach SE...
>> It goes against my nature to pay somebody $4 per month for nothing. << The $4 per month gets you your own web map, online storage of all your contacts, pre-composed messages, down...

January 07, 12:54am

inReach SE
@Bob - I use the inReach very much as you have described. I don't always know when I will stay longer or if I plan to bail early, so it's nice to have an option to let others know your pla...

January 06, 10:19pm

inReach SE...
@Bob I agree that the inReach SE seems to be built well but it's hard plastic, so a drop on the rocks might damage it. Delorme sells a neoprene case that would really help it survive a drop...

January 06, 12:50am

pad to garmin?
OK, now I understand what you are trying to do. Obviously, a pad with a USB port would solve your problem of data transfer. You can also look for a device (pad) that can take an inserted SD c...

In GEAR » pad to garmin?
January 05, 6:05pm

pad to garmin?
I'm a bit confused at what you are trying to do. If you can connect your Etrex 30 to your computer via usb then most of the GPS apps available for a pad will transfer a GPX file via email...

In GEAR » pad to garmin?
January 05, 3:37pm

DeLorme inReach SE GPS receiver...
Now that Delorme has added the "Location" option on the main menu I was finally able to test their GPS receiver. Before this option was added, I don't believe you could actually tel...

December 29, 12:20am

Which map subscription for a gift?
Check out Garmin's Birdseye imagery. I really like it but they will need to own a Garmin device to make it work (it works in both the desk top (with BaseCamp) and can be loaded on to the GPS)....

In GEAR » Which map subscription for a gift? (PNW)
December 23, 1:49pm

Re: DeLorme inReach SE firmware update
The key sequence Jim mentioned probably sets the unit back to the factory default setting but it also syncs your unit with your web account at the same time, so your settings and data are restored....

December 19, 10:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm