BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 101 - 110 of 230 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...23

Forum » Thread

case of gloves
I have a whole Rubbermaid tub of gloves, so I suppose it means I haven't figured out a great system. However, since I continue to backpack in the winter, as well as snowshoe, ice climb, ski...

In GEAR » Glove/mitten system
October 30, 1:48pm

Re: for your purposes maybe skip the atom lt and go with a patagonia nanopuff
> the atom lt is desinged to be used as an active layer with an athletic cut and the power strech side panels. the nanopuff has a much better cut for layering under, doesn't have the power s...

In GEAR » Vest for underneath arcteryx atom lt hoody
October 28, 7:37pm

Micro D review
Max, you've already made the investment but I thought you'd be interested to hear Dane's thoughts on it: http://coldthistle.blogspot.com/2013/10/patagonia-micro-d-14-zip-synchilla.ht...

In GEAR » Patagucci as technical wear?
October 28, 9:54am

Snap-T
I have the Snap-T Pullover and Hoodie. According to Patagonia the Pullover weighs 18.7oz. Not exactly ultralight. The 10.6oz spec is the fabric weight by yard. That's essentially Polartec 3...

In GEAR » Patagucci as technical wear?
October 27, 11:50am

new pants for Max
Max, you're in my home territory! I think you should check out the Patagonia Rock Craft pants. The Patagonia Meatpacking store on 14th will probably have them. The other good ones I like ...

In GEAR » Looking for Great Lightweight Travel Pants
October 18, 9:37am

Q-Core
Big Agnes Q-Core might be the ticket. If you are bothered by the horizontal baffles I'm not sure that vertical baffles would do you much better so the Q-Core has squarish baffles. It's a li...

In GEAR » Sleep comfort: Neoair Alternative?
October 04, 12:44am

NEMO
I'd check out the NEMO Obi Elite 2P. At 2lb 3oz without stakes, it's a true lightweight and it is a lot less awkward for two people, having two vestibules and two doors! Good ventilation an...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 Platinum Tent - anything better for my purposes?
October 02, 9:02am

Almost
You need to split WPB into categories, PU and ePTFE. PU requires a phase change for humidity to pass through -- from vapor to liquid absorbed through the PU laminate, to vapor on the other side. eP...

In GEAR » Understanding rain gear materials?
September 30, 10:09am

Capilene 4
This looks a lot like Patagonia's Capilene 4 Hoody.

In GEAR » MEC T2 Zip Hoody Equivalent?
September 30, 10:00am

Andy Kirkpatrick
Andy is a climber and not so much a hiker but if you want to read stories about being miserable in the cold he is an expert on it, having plunged into winter alpinism with little experience. Check ...

In GEAR » Pack for Peak Assaulting?
September 27, 5:30am

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.