BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 101 - 110 of 259 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...26

Forum » Thread

USGI Bivy, 100% Gore-Tex?
Are the USGI BIvies 100% Gore-Tex or are they like most bivies with a non-breathable polyurethane bottom?

In GEAR » Best Cheap Gear of 2013
December 23, 9:28am

good
I have it with the (discontinued) inner nest and I like it a lot. I've spent over 15 days in it so far and it's a snap to set up and quite weatherproof. I don't like the pole in the...

In GEAR » shangri la 2 tarp golite
December 20, 9:48am

Packs down pretty small. I've used it as a daypack for excursions on multi-day trips instead of carrying a separate "summit" pack. The compression straps (2 on each side) are quite su...

In GEAR » Boreas Buttermilk 40 $99 at the Climb
December 14, 9:34pm

Good pack, good company
I have a Buttermilks 55. It's been my primary pack since I bought it a year and a half ago and I've put hundreds of miles on it. I love this pack. It's simple, the fabrics are burly and...

In GEAR » Boreas Buttermilk 40 $99 at the Climb
December 14, 4:24pm

my favorite
The Mora Bushcraft are my favorite fixed blades. I've used the heck out of a lot of really, really nice fixed blades, production and custom, and I keep coming back to the Mora. It's slim, c...

In GEAR » Mora Bushcraft Stainless knife peek
December 13, 7:39pm

Fleece is nice
For years I moved away from fleece because of its perceived issues -- thick/bulky, not windproof but I'm glad to say I'm back in the fold again, because it turns out it's weaknesses als...

In GEAR » Lofty Fleece Layer
December 12, 9:30pm

too late for me
It's too bad your vest wasn't an option when I bought a down vest... seeing as it's half the weight. I think your suggested pricing is fair.

In GEAR » Interest in a down vest
December 10, 8:21pm

micros and pons
If you expect light snow and softer icy conditions, Kahtoola Microspikes have proven themselves time and time again. If you expect hard, glassy ice, Microspikes are not enough. You need crampon...

In GEAR » microspike, crampon suggestions.
December 05, 8:18am

I like the Fly
How else am I supposed to pee while wearing a harness? And since my hiking clothes do double duty as climbing clothes, they sure as heck had better have a fly.

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 03, 11:21pm

more Helios problems abound
Tested it today. Nothing changed, except that I left the canister and the whole rig put together outside overnight. 45ยบ outside today. I timed it. 13 minutes to boil 1.5L. Twice the flame we...

In GEAR » Jetboil Helios... extremely slow?
December 02, 8:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.