BPL Community Profile

Jared Baker (simply_light) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Midwest, US
About Me I love the feeling of solitude and the chance to be at one with the world around me.

My passion for MYOG has become not just a hobby, but a way of life, and so started my own company - Simply Light Designs. Right now we focus on mostly backpacking tarps & hammocks along with various accessories.
CityIndianapolis
StateIN
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttps://www.simplylightdesigns.com/
My PDF Gear ListSummer UL

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jared Baker

Showing 101 - 110 of 153 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Forum » Thread

Reinforcing Tie Outs
Currently working on two projects that have tie out points. A backpacking tarp and a hammock tarp, both out of silnylon. In previous versions, I've just been using 200D Oxford Nylon with ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reinforcing Tie Outs
January 27, 12:07pm

Ground Sheet Required
Interesting to note as well, is that Zpacks listing indicates a ground sheet is required with the netting floor. - "A ground sheet is required (sold separately). A Cuben Fiber Bathtub Groun...

In GEAR » Pyramid tent with netting floor
January 27, 6:11am

Money not a concern
If money isn't really a concern, I was always taught to by the best quality you can afford. Of course, you could always buy the Stoic and use the extra funds to upgrade other gear.

In GEAR » Stoic Bags?
January 23, 11:53am

General Consensus
I missed out on a great deal on one a while back and am kicking myself for it. So, while I cannot speak from personal experience, I did find the following thread. It seems that the general cons...

In GEAR » Stoic Bags?
January 23, 9:05am

Links to Threads on Repairing Nylon
Here are a few other threads covering this topic, that are displayed when you do a search for "repair nylon hole": Link 1 Link 2 Link 3 I hope one of these can help. If not, ...

In GEAR » repairs in general, and repairs to my rain jacket
January 23, 8:34am

Point Taken
"(7) One could install two zip ties and pretty much eliminate the chance of failure. Caution-Do this 10 or 20 times and you've added a gram to your pack" Good Point, the number of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Attaching Buckle To Existing Web Loop
January 22, 11:59am

Field Replacement Buckles
I had to replace a buckle that had broke just last week, only to find that I was out of Field replacement buckles. I ended up taking a small rope saw and cutting the angled slit into a regular buc...

In Make Your Own Gear » Attaching Buckle To Existing Web Loop
January 22, 1:15am

Nice
I am usually impressed with the price points on packs at REI. Of course when you mass produce them it allows you to be more flexible on the price.

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 First Impressions
January 21, 7:12pm

Kelty Dart
I may be interested in the Dart. You say it isn't in good condition, but what exactly is wrong with it? Any idea what shipping is going to be on that? Also, you don't have your priva...

In Gear Swap » FS: Closet Cleaning
January 20, 6:24pm

Alternative to Litetrail.com
Noticed Litetrail was only showing the X-Large in stock. Another alternative is below. The Cameleer $5.95 on shipping

In GEAR » where to buy possumdown gloves?
January 19, 5:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Jared Baker

Jared Baker has posted no reviews.