Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

scri bbles (scribbles) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Atlanta, GA
About Me scri bbles has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by scri bbles

Showing 101 - 110 of 112 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Forum » Thread

Survival Kits
I found a great resource in www.survival.com 's Mini and Maxi kits. The mini kit can fit into an altoids can and is very easy to carry. Check it out, I purchased all the DVDs there after readin...

In GEAR » Do you pack your “survival essentials” on you rather than in your pack?
April 01, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Re: dropping pounds
I had the same problem. I was buying ultralight gear but still had a heavy alpine rear. My girlfriend and I decided to do something about it and started the South Beach Diet. I've lost 21.5lbs ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » dropping pounds
March 14, 1:29pm

Rain and Footwear
So you're nearing the end of a trailday, and ready to make camp a ways down the trail...it starts raining. You put on your rainjacket, packcover, whatever it is you do. What about your shoes? I...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rain and Footwear
March 13, 6:06pm

Hiking X-Socks
I received a pair of Hiking X-Socks yesterday. Tried them on and found them to be very comfortable and they breathed incredibly well. My feet were moist from wearing cotton (!) socks all day at wor...

In GEAR » Opinions on Hiking X-Socks?
March 13, 7:53am

Favorite
My Tarptent Rainbow for sure. Friend woke up in a sauna, I couldnt've been more comfy...

In GEAR » Favorite Piece of Gear Purchased? Last 6 Mo.
March 10, 12:44pm

X-Socks
I just ordered a pair of the X-Socks Hiking Performance Crew. They make quite a lot of claims on their website, and from what I'm seeing around, they aren't lying. If these prove to be &quo...

March 10, 9:55am

Everclear
And remember if you do use Everclear you get that extra satisfaction out of true multi use gear. ;)

In GEAR » Alcohol Stove and My Burning Eyes?
March 09, 11:40am

Opinions on Hiking X-Socks?
Anyone tried these? Are they worth the high cost?

March 08, 7:36am

Water Concerns in Ultralight
Thanks for all the great replies...that'd be quite a frankenstein water system pj but interesting nonetheless... I guess in making the transition from pump to chemical treatment I really jus...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Concerns in Ultralight
February 21, 1:05pm

What to do?
I'm getting the feeling that this is a "reduce your chances" and hope for the best type situation in regards to weight. Ideally, one would carry a standard pumpstyle filter and a UV d...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Concerns in Ultralight
February 21, 10:41am

All Reader Reviews by scri bbles

scri bbles has posted no reviews.