Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 101 - 110 of 263 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: Physics
"As has been pointed out, the relationship between distance hiked and weight is nonlinear, but how close to linear is it if you count system weight rather than just pack weight? (snip) I'd...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 22, 6:33am

Re: packs
I may not be picturing this right, but it sounds to me as if a pack with a little bit more of a lumbar pad might help you. You'll get a rather different lower back contour than the Osprey Airsp...

In GEAR » Backpacking and anterior pelvic tilt
May 19, 6:28pm

the paddles
Ryan, could you tell us more about the paddles? Basic idea sounds like a good one and not too difficult to imagine a number of ways of doing it, but would be good to know what things you've tri...

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL BikeRaftFishPacking (BFRP)
May 17, 5:52pm

Re: Re: a few pinches of salt
"For the guy who drinks 10 liters of water a day in all but the most extreme circumstances, an excess of potassium would be the least of his troubles. Think hyponatremia?" Using your r...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 17, 4:22am

a few pinches of salt
"Be careful with high-potassium formulas" This is a good reminder. It's a case where "more is better" can collide calamitously with human physiology for some people. &...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » electrolyte supplements---capsules in particular--how many?
May 16, 7:40pm

Re: Re: Basic Food Question (Vegan/Vegetarian)
"Don't overthink it. Eat what YOU like, not what others say you should eat." Oh yeah, that, too! :) Bill S.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Basic Food Question (Vegan/Vegetarian)
May 16, 6:55pm

Re: Bivy Used: Integral designs ( AKA RAB ) alpine bivy
I hope I didn't alarm you more than appropriate with my hail blender story. It's not something I worry about myself. At all. I've only ever seen hail like that once in my life, and no o...

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain SuperUltraLight Backpacking – Going SUL in the Mountains with Adequate Shelter, Insulation, and Rain Protection. Part 1: Concepts and Scope.
May 16, 4:51am

Re: Thanks Jim!
"I'm thinking that the bivy would take less damage because it isn't pulled tight and the sleeping bag insulation would cushion the impact." I expect you're probably right, ...

May 15, 7:14pm

Re: SUL BikeRaftFishPacking (BFRP)
"My SUL raft is a vintage 1980s Curtis Designs Packraft (22 oz!)" Oh, baby, I want one of those! Bill S.

In Editor's Roundtable » SUL BikeRaftFishPacking (BFRP)
May 15, 7:00pm

Re: Dried Fruits
"I would like to know if Dried Fruits are good source of calories when it comes to backpacking" That depends on how you look at it. They're tasty and have lots of potassium, among ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Dried Fruits
May 15, 6:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.