BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 101 - 110 of 216 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Help with pack choice...
+1 on GregF's reply and on your recognition that your son's comfort is of primary importance. What pack you carry for these next couple of years isn't going to affect your experience. W...

In GEAR » Help with pack choice...
April 12, 8:08pm

Re: Lower Body Clothing System
After trying a pretty fair number of things, I was surprised to find myself gravitating back toward pretty ordinary lightweight nylon hiking pants. Any of a variety of the usual brands, based mostl...

In GEAR » Lower Body Clothing System
April 12, 7:54pm

Re: Light stream-crossing / camp shoes?
When I feel like I want some stream-crossing shoes and care enough about weight to do something other than clip on a ~ 10 oz pair of plastic sandals, I usually go with Vincere Grip Sand Socks with ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Light stream-crossing / camp shoes?
April 12, 7:37pm

food storage in the Winds
There are lot of bears in the Winds, both blacks and grizzlies. I have not had problems with my food, but I know others who have. Please protect your food, yourself, and most importantly, the bea...

In Pre-Trip Planning » WIND RIVER BEAR CANISTER?
April 05, 6:35am

Re: A counterpoint
What kinds of candy have you tested? Chocolate works? Bill S.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food plan - thoughts?
March 27, 7:59pm

Re: food plan - thoughts?
Realistically, I don't think you're going to do much better than that unless you can push the fat up a bit more without affecting your digestion. My rec is to do some tests to see what fat...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food plan - thoughts?
March 27, 6:44pm

pack volume
I've been asking myself similar questions, as I get ready to MYOG a small sil pack for some long weekends with minimal gear. At same time, I've been following other threads in which people ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 18, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Re: That ol' stuff sack debate
"I just feel like I HAVE to be missing something big" I suspect it's that there's not a very good relationship between a pack's weight, its carrying capacity in weight, and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stuff Sacks- overkill?
March 17, 7:33am

Re: Holds water
Thanks, David. That's helpful. Just to be sure I understand, it'd be for hot, low humidity conditions where water sources are relatively infrequent, to allow you to spread out the cool...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 12, 8:12am

drying too fast
A couple of people mentioned the undesirability of a garment material that dries *too* fast. I'm having a hard time thinking of specific circumstances under which that would be a problem. (Th...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 12, 7:00am

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.