BPL Community Profile

William Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale William Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me William Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Segraves

Showing 101 - 110 of 213 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

food storage in the Winds
There are lot of bears in the Winds, both blacks and grizzlies. I have not had problems with my food, but I know others who have. Please protect your food, yourself, and most importantly, the bea...

In Pre-Trip Planning » WIND RIVER BEAR CANISTER?
April 05, 6:35am

Re: A counterpoint
What kinds of candy have you tested? Chocolate works? Bill S.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food plan - thoughts?
March 27, 7:59pm

Re: food plan - thoughts?
Realistically, I don't think you're going to do much better than that unless you can push the fat up a bit more without affecting your digestion. My rec is to do some tests to see what fat...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » food plan - thoughts?
March 27, 6:44pm

pack volume
I've been asking myself similar questions, as I get ready to MYOG a small sil pack for some long weekends with minimal gear. At same time, I've been following other threads in which people ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Smallest volume pack dimensions you guys? Cubic inches...
March 18, 6:26pm

Re: Re: Re: That ol' stuff sack debate
"I just feel like I HAVE to be missing something big" I suspect it's that there's not a very good relationship between a pack's weight, its carrying capacity in weight, and...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stuff Sacks- overkill?
March 17, 7:33am

Re: Holds water
Thanks, David. That's helpful. Just to be sure I understand, it'd be for hot, low humidity conditions where water sources are relatively infrequent, to allow you to spread out the cool...

In Philosophy & Technique » The "I don't get it" thread
March 12, 8:12am

drying too fast
A couple of people mentioned the undesirability of a garment material that dries *too* fast. I'm having a hard time thinking of specific circumstances under which that would be a problem. (Th...

March 12, 7:00am

base weight
"2 night trip will use the same base gear as a 2 week trip" For what it's worth, my base weight's usually significantly different for a 2 night trip vs a 10 night trip. Even i...

March 11, 11:16am

Re: The "I don't get it" thread
Different strokes for different folks. Nothing I like better for keeping hands warm in a driving 33 degree rain than a pair of myog fleece mittens (1.2 oz, XL) covered with myog wpb mitts (1 oz, XL...

March 09, 7:05pm

Re: Vegan / Vegetarian
If you allow for cheese, it's a piece of cake, and virtually the same as my menu for extended backpacking trips (with the only exception that I sometimes take in some of my dairy without turnin...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » JMT on a vegan diet
March 06, 7:56pm

All Reader Reviews by William Segraves

William Segraves has posted no reviews.