BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 101 - 110 of 1296 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...130

Forum » Thread

Japanese bidet
A friend of mine from Japan sent me this bidet. I was able to use it on a trip this weekend. It's maybe not the lightest or smallest thing you can use, but it was effective, which is possibly m...

In Philosophy & Technique » Japanese bidet
January 02, 12:37pm

Re: Something in the feet DO grow.
I can say that after two long distance (3 months) hikes, my arches are as high as ever. High enough that I cannot even feel the arch on a pair of Chaco sandals. High enough that I've actually b...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
January 02, 12:33pm

Re: Backup Plan
If you all bring your passports, then you will have the option of driving into Canada and hiking in via Waterton Lake. This could give you better flexibility if the park is busy when you get there....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me get ready for a summer trip to Glacier NP
January 02, 12:15pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dog Saliva
This summer I hiked in Glacier. The ranger sets your itinerary. We had a few days where we only hiked 7 or 8 miles, one where we hiked 3 miles and one where we hiked 1/2 mile. We also had some 14-1...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
December 28, 5:55pm

Re: Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
In my opinion, this is what happens: - On a long distance hike, if you were a person who wore relatively close-fitting shoes, you will come to not tolerate this. Any pressure or rubbing on the o...

In Philosophy & Technique » Long distance thru hikes and feet growth / swelling
December 28, 5:46pm

Re: Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
Pepe and his children visit our yard regularly. Once Pepe was in my living room! I find skunks to be the most terrifying of all wild animals. So terrifying that I do not feel safe to sleep outside ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Close encounters of the most scary and odoriferous kind
December 04, 1:02pm

Re: Re: Foxtail-proofing minimalistic footwear
I keep hoping the bellevilles will come out with a lower cut option. They are just too high. I can never wear boots. I can't even wear ugg boots. My calves are unreasonably large. Plus that muc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Foxtail-proofing minimalistic footwear
November 27, 6:40pm

Re: ??? rain gear gaiters / leggings / chaps for Frogg Togg shorts or similar
I bought some "light snow gaiters" from Mountain Laurel Designs. Seems to me they might do the trick if your shorts are long enough. I plan to wear them under a rain skirt which is long e...

In Make Your Own Gear » ??? rain gear gaiters / leggings / chaps for Frogg Togg shorts or similar
November 25, 12:38pm

Re: Re: This one does it for me...
I went backpacking with a guy from Japan and he had a similar (to the JSI one above) little coffee filter that was mesh, reusable, flexible and would sit on top of your cup, not on top of a special...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Making a Cup from Ground Coffee
November 25, 12:31pm

Storing dehydrated food in the freezer
I have put a bunch of my dehydrated stuff in the freezer. However, I am now concerned that when I take it from the freezer to use, moisture will condense all over it and ruin it. Am I right to be c...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Storing dehydrated food in the freezer
November 25, 12:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.