Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 101 - 110 of 1524 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...153

Forum » Thread

Cheap polyester mesh gym shorts
I found some polyester mesh gym/basketball shorts in a box. It's that shiny stuff with little holes. One pair is lined the other pair is reversable. They are ugly as hell. I tried them on and I...

In GEAR » Cheap polyester mesh gym shorts
June 02, 9:36am

Re: The BEST
The best lip balm is Honey scented Burt's Bees. That's only because I brought it on my first long section of the PCT and now anytime I smell that smell I'm instantly brought back to the...

In GEAR » Lip balms
June 02, 9:30am

Re: Oregon PCT
My memory of southern Oregon was that there were a few fairly long stretches without water. Not as long as anything in California. I remember there was one long stretch south of Crater Lake where y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiking Oregon PCT advice please.
June 01, 12:14pm

Re: Re: Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?"
There's always the straw gardening/surfer hat. Or Z-packs conical hat. Now there's a dorky hat. I have a conical hat made by someone other than Z-packs, I think Kavu or something like that....

In GEAR » Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
June 01, 12:03pm

Cotton as high-performance fabric
I've been thinking about this cotton issue for a while now. A cotton bandana is so awesome. It holds water when you need it to. It dries super fast when you need it to. It's light and durab...

In GEAR » I have not found a good solution for this problem
June 01, 12:00pm

Re: Re: Leopard print tights solution
On my last trip I wore a skirt. I rarely wear skirts in real life. It was so comfortable. Lots of air flow. Yesterday I wore shorts like a normal person. No air flow. And I sort of missed how my sk...

June 01, 6:51am

Re: Seeking shoe advice for 1200km hike
I'm not familiar with the hike you say you are going to do, but it sounds like it's not exactly a wilderness hike. Keep in mind that if it's not a wilderness hike, you aren't exactl...

In GEAR » Seeking shoe advice for 1200km hike
June 01, 6:47am

Re: Re: boots of trail runners for 11 year old.
When I was a kid my parents bought me boots for a hiking trip and my feet were never more chewed up. It was excruciating. If they had let me hike in my Keds I would have been perfectly happy. I'...

In GEAR » boots of trail runners for 11 year old.
May 30, 8:13am

Re: Leopard print tights
Those z-packs gaiters have really good coverage but they look really hot. I have some MLD (I think) ultralight snow gaiters and they are just too unbreathable. Plus my massive calves don't real...

May 30, 8:09am

Re: Re: Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
The thing with the Sunday Afternoon hat is that it looks really good, dashing even, on some people and really dorky and girly on others.

In GEAR » Closest to a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat without being a Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat?
May 30, 8:04am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.