BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 101 - 110 of 1273 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...128

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: aerobics vs weight training for hiking
I do squats, overhead presses, bench presses and deadlifts. I do these all with the olympic bar and plates. I started with the Starting Strength program and now I struggle to make progress anymore ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
October 01, 7:35pm

Re: aerobics vs weight training for hiking
Before I tried weight lifting and intervals I would try to stay in shape with bicycle commuting, running and hiking. So we're talking as much as 2-3 hours of aerobic exercise during a weekday a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why barefoot isn't best for most runners
October 01, 4:02pm

Re: Running does suck
I don't do cross-fit. Cross-fit is stupid. I do a progressive barbell strength program and I suck at it. Yet I never felt stronger and more capable hiking in Glacier National Park this summer. ...

October 01, 7:56am

Re: Re: Science Fact: Running Does Not Suck.
Running is too much effort for too little ROI plus over time it may slow your metabolism, cause muscle catabolism and leave you fat (or skinny-fat) and weak. You can achieve a lot more with less wi...

September 30, 1:14pm

Re: miso
My Japanese friend has a lot of pictures of his food mixed in with his hiking pictures. https://plus.google.com/photos/104620544810418955412/albums?banner=pwa He also has a hiking tips site (mo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking for a rice-based one-pot recipe.
September 29, 9:22pm

Re: Paleo backpackers??
Here's some paleo food I had on my last trip. http://gossamergear.com/wp/tips/backpacking-with-no-cook-foods

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Paleo backpackers??
September 29, 7:35pm

Re: Looking for a rice-based one-pot recipe.
My Japanese friend makes a Japanese soup of dried green veggies and seaweed, chicken broth, a little arrowroot powder for thickening, a little toasted sesame oil for flavor, and various kinds of me...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Looking for a rice-based one-pot recipe.
September 29, 7:03pm

Re: Meals when any fires are forbidden
This probably wouldn't be ideal for France, but I dehydrate my own meals and they rehydrate just fine with cold water. I make pulled pork or chicken using pork tenderloin or chicken breast, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Meals when any fires are forbidden
September 29, 6:55pm

Re: Sierra Cup
I always thought the Sierra Club was the worst design ever. You cannot drink from one without spilling all over. They don't hold much. Anything hot poured into one gets cold almost instantly. A...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Sierra Cup
September 29, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Ancient Shoes
+1 to Craig as well. I've been wearing minimalist shoes for several years now and I just love them. When I go hiking or backpacking I prefer a bit of cushioning but I feel best without the h...

September 29, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.