Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://santabarbarahikes.com
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 101 - 110 of 1535 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: caldera cone modification?
What I do with the caldera cone instead of that plastic container is I bring a plastic coffee mug and stuff it in there. About 2 or 3 inches sticks out the top but it seems it protects the caldera ...

In Make Your Own Gear » caldera cone modification?
June 04, 2:16pm

Re: Re: Sun Shirt
> I wear a Houdini windbreaker or something like it with nothing underneath. That sounds ghastly in the hot sun. I just wear your basic button-down hiking shirt. I have one I got in the Fi...

In GEAR » Sun Shirt
June 04, 2:10pm

Re: WEll...
Jack's R Better makes a quilt with a slit in the center for your head so you can wear it like a poncho. It closes with hermaphroditic velcro. It's awesome. I have one and I rarely bring a j...

In GEAR » Quilt Modification - sitting about
June 04, 2:08pm

Re: thin fleece gloves for women's hands?
I get thin fleece gloves from the thrift store. Seriously. A lot of them seem to come originally from Old Navy and sometimes they still have the price tags on. They are often in fun colors. I have ...

In GEAR » thin fleece gloves for women's hands?
June 04, 2:06pm

Re: Re: New PCT Documentary ... Do More With Less
Many people who hike the PCT, I'd say quite a large number of them, take an extra day or two to complete the JMT, perhaps climb Half Dome and go down into Yosemite Valley.

In Philosophy & Technique » New PCT Documentary ... Do More With Less
June 03, 12:15pm

Re: Sil pants/jacket
The problem with having a layer between my skin and the silnylon was that I was then too hot while hiking. Even in cold rain (40s?) I got too hot. The whole point was to keep my pants dry because t...

In GEAR » silnylon rain gear question
June 03, 7:45am

Re: A long time coming
I think it would keep you pretty warm if you cuddled up with it inside your sleeping bag.

In GEAR » when the world of high fashion and technical outerwear intersect many times
June 02, 3:54pm

Re: tarp -> tent
That looks really nice. I also liked the tarp with mesh doors in the previous iteration. I have an 8x10 tarp that I never get to use. I wish I could figure out how to put a bug net with door in ...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarp -> tent
June 02, 9:56am

Re: silnylon rain gear question
I used silnylon chaps on the PCT. I wore them daily in Washington. I have no idea if they wet out or kept me dry or if the coating is gone and they don't work anymore. I could tell no differenc...

In GEAR » silnylon rain gear question
June 02, 9:53am

Re: Good ultralight, durable, compact umbrella?
I think if you go to a dedicated travel store (like Magellan or something similar) you can find a higher quality umbrella. I found one at a local travel store once. It was very light and compacted ...

In GEAR » Good ultralight, durable, compact umbrella?
June 02, 9:44am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.