Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Piper S. (sbhikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Santa Barbara (Name: Diane)
About Me I hiked 3000 miles of the PCT over 2008 and 2009, about half the trail each time. I now hike in the backcountry of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties. I'm a Trail Ambassador for Gossamer Gear.
CitySanta Barbara
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListPiper's Gear

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Piper S.

Showing 101 - 110 of 1537 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...154

Forum » Thread

Cold coffee
Instant coffee in a protein powder shake or chocolate coated espresso bean candy work pretty well. No paraphernalia to carry, no disappointment. And if coffee is your last reason for bringing cooki...

In GEAR » Ultralight Coffee Options
June 08, 6:37am

Re: Re: Cinch
Another option is to sew another layer of piping or bias tape around the edge. That way if you mess up or don't like it, you can remove it.

In Make Your Own Gear » Adding a cinch cord to the hood of a down jacket?
June 04, 2:18pm

Re: caldera cone modification?
What I do with the caldera cone instead of that plastic container is I bring a plastic coffee mug and stuff it in there. About 2 or 3 inches sticks out the top but it seems it protects the caldera ...

In Make Your Own Gear » caldera cone modification?
June 04, 2:16pm

Re: Re: Sun Shirt
> I wear a Houdini windbreaker or something like it with nothing underneath. That sounds ghastly in the hot sun. I just wear your basic button-down hiking shirt. I have one I got in the Fi...

In GEAR » Sun Shirt
June 04, 2:10pm

Re: WEll...
Jack's R Better makes a quilt with a slit in the center for your head so you can wear it like a poncho. It closes with hermaphroditic velcro. It's awesome. I have one and I rarely bring a j...

In GEAR » Quilt Modification - sitting about
June 04, 2:08pm

Re: thin fleece gloves for women's hands?
I get thin fleece gloves from the thrift store. Seriously. A lot of them seem to come originally from Old Navy and sometimes they still have the price tags on. They are often in fun colors. I have ...

In GEAR » thin fleece gloves for women's hands?
June 04, 2:06pm

Re: Re: New PCT Documentary ... Do More With Less
Many people who hike the PCT, I'd say quite a large number of them, take an extra day or two to complete the JMT, perhaps climb Half Dome and go down into Yosemite Valley.

In Philosophy & Technique » New PCT Documentary ... Do More With Less
June 03, 12:15pm

Re: Sil pants/jacket
The problem with having a layer between my skin and the silnylon was that I was then too hot while hiking. Even in cold rain (40s?) I got too hot. The whole point was to keep my pants dry because t...

In GEAR » silnylon rain gear question
June 03, 7:45am

Re: A long time coming
I think it would keep you pretty warm if you cuddled up with it inside your sleeping bag.

In GEAR » when the world of high fashion and technical outerwear intersect many times
June 02, 3:54pm

Re: tarp -> tent
That looks really nice. I also liked the tarp with mesh doors in the previous iteration. I have an 8x10 tarp that I never get to use. I wish I could figure out how to put a bug net with door in ...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarp -> tent
June 02, 9:56am

All Reader Reviews by Piper S.

Piper S. has posted no reviews.