BPL Community Profile

Ryan Linn (ryan.c.linn) - BPL Guest

My Locale Maine!
About Me I've worked for the Appalachian Mountain Club and Green Mountain Club for several seasons. I led a trail crew in Vermont for the Vermont Youth Conservation Corps near Stratton Mountain. I hope to continue working on or near hiking trails, although the seasonal work thing is hard to sustain over the long run. We'll see how that goes...

AT 2007, New England Trail 2009, PCT 2010. CDT...?
My Website URLhttp://guthook.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Linn

Showing 101 - 110 of 510 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ...51

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: EMS ML 0 Degree
Jeremy, thanks for the initial impressions! I've been really leaning toward getting one of these to try this winter (or at least renting one from the local EMS for a test run). I tried climbing...

In GEAR » Best 0 Bag for the Money?
November 28, 4:23am

Re: Thanks!
Sounds like you're on the right track, Ryan. I did love my Caldera Cone ULC, but you're right that they are a bit pricey. For what it's worth, mine is on track to last forever, so I&...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 28, 4:10am

Re: Re: Re: bags
And that only matters to me if they post their data with each sleeping bag like Marmot does.

In GEAR » Crude, quick estimate of insulative efficiency for down apparel comparisons
November 27, 12:59pm

Re: bags
That's great if you want to limit yourself to the small handful of bags that have EN ratings.

In GEAR » Crude, quick estimate of insulative efficiency for down apparel comparisons
November 27, 12:22pm

Re: Crude, quick estimate of insulative efficiency for down apparel comparisons
I like it, Colin. I've been looking over similar comparisons for down parkas and sleeping bags for a few weeks as a way to compare similar products between manufacturers. If you take the manufa...

November 27, 11:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: winter trip
Haha. It's been a while since I've built a real shelter entirely out of snow, but depending on where we go it might be possible. I do like Bryce says-- use the shovel to add to the comfort ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
November 27, 6:42am

Re: Re: Preliminary PCT/JMT Gear List
"I have never used the summerlight, don't know anything about it, but a 19 oz bag warm enough for the high sierras sounds too good to be true. Probably wrong, but just something to look in...

In Gear Lists » Preleminary PCT/JMT Gear List
November 27, 6:38am

Re: Re: Re: winter trip
Awesome. This is getting better by the day. Tommy D, if we don't end up doing Southern VT for the group gathering, I'm still hoping to do at least one or two more weekend trips in the Gl...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » New England-area GTG #2: Winter Wonderland
November 25, 6:25pm

Re: Not as hardcore as this...
Heck yeah. Western Mass and Southern Vermont are great in this regard-- no alpine stuff, so snowshoes should be enough without any need for crampons and self-arrest training. As for temps, we...

November 22, 8:28am

Re: Sweet!
Hmm. Yeah, I had thought of staying in lean-tos, but Clint you're right that it could get drafty under them. I wonder if that cabin on Alander is a popular place... we wouldn't want to show...

November 18, 4:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Linn

Ryan Linn has posted no reviews.